You said your parents tried to end your relationship on a non-sense excuse, and you're right they had no right.

Now you're trying to ensure your brother doesn't marry someone that isn't in his financial class, a non-sensical reason. You think you have a right to do so even though you don't since it's not your life.

You're being a HUGE hypocrite.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
However in my brother's case it would be different. In his case there will be a valid reason. Then again if none of the previous plans work and everything backfires in the end then yes I will have to just sadly accept it.

You're totally missing the point. You have NO RIGHT to try and break up his relationship in the first place. It's none of your business getting involved in anyone's relationship just because YOU believe they shouldn't be together because of status.

Do what you believe is right in YOUR OWN relationships, but stay out of other people's private lives. It's their choice. NOT yours.

You said your parents tried to end your relationship on a non-sense excuse, and you're right they had no right.
Not my father as all he did was expressed disapprove but then left me at it. Unlike my mother it was everyday arguments followed by gossips about him all day long with her friend. I shouldn't be left in peace, till the point I one day looked horrible from getting overly drunk and basically started acting out, I went nuts calling his name over and over again.

Now you're trying to ensure your brother doesn't marry someone that isn't in his financial class, a non-sensical reason. You think you have a right to do so even though you don't since it's not your life.

I know it's not my life but you know how one can get around little sibblings. Yea in the end guess I would just deal with it but see I wouldn't make my disapproval obvious like my mother mainly would do. Fact I can pretend I adore her while on the inside I don't. You know just act normal while on one except would know about my disapproval.
Maybe he will grow up lazy with no ambition?
It's unlikely to happen. But hypothetically speaking if it did, then he would still be stable with my parents's 6 apartments the tenants pay them. He can work on the business and so he would get paid too.
My brother and I will always be economically secured. If you read my last post I did mentioned that our parents owned 6 apartments plus this house we lived in, that makes it 7.

That does not mean he is going to grow up with ambition and drive?

I said, "What if he grows up lazy with no ambition" and you said "that is unlikely"

To which I said "Why?"

what triggered this post? is your friend or family member dating someone you don't like?

I was wondering what triggered it as well. You gave annie a response, but I'm still thinking there's something below the surface. It can't be as simple as you described it.

From how you described the way you'd break up your brother's relationship if needed be, I'm assuming you're not "poor." Are you afraid that all the rich men in the world are going to fall in love with poor women, and that will only leave you for poor men who have "no future?" That's all I can imagine is going through your head. Otherwise I don't see how this whole idea is logical to you, especially when you and CD seem to be the only hardcore believers.

That does not mean he is going to grow up with ambition and drive?

I said, "What if he grows up lazy with no ambition" and you said "that is unlikely"

To which I said "Why?"

Then he would be a loser. And well you know how it is when it comes to young siblings, we want to think they will succeed and be productive. Usually if one's sibling (the older one in general) is successful so should the other one be but yes there are always few exceptions to the rule.

I just assume the best will happened.

Then he would be a loser.

That's right. And according to your theories, parents would be telling their daughters to stay away from him because he is a deadbeat loser (even though he may be a great guy who is just not overly ambitious).

Usually if one's sibling (the older one in general) is successful so should the other one be

Where do you get these theories from? What are you successful at?

You judge people wrongly. Where someone is in life at this moment doesn't substantiate where they're going. My dad went through some difficult times in his life, he ended it a retired Vice President of a major midwest company. His father died when he was 19 and he had to put himself through college, which he did in 3 years during his mid twenties. If you would have met him at 22 you would have had nothing to do with him, but at 58 women would throw themselves at him, thankfully he was a good upstanding man, who would reject them.

I would say someone's who's rich because their parents set them up financially is more likely to lack ambition and real world insight than someone who's "poor" and still making it on their own.

You say you and your brother will always be financially stable because of your parents? That doesn't make either of YOU not "losers" in the sense you're using it, it makes your parents not losers. Its very easy to preach about economic status saying so much about your character when you're sitting on the high horse your parents bought for you, right?

I was wondering what triggered it as well. You gave annie a response, but I'm still thinking there's something below the surface. It can't be as simple as you described it.
I guess it all comes down when you have a sibling and how you wouldn't want them to settle for something lower.

From how you described the way you'd break up your brother's relationship if needed be, I'm assuming you're not "poor."
No I'm not poor, I'm a wealthy middle class woman with goals and ambitions.

Are you afraid that all the rich men in the world are going to fall in love with poor women, and that will only leave you for poor men who have "no future?" That's all I can imagine is going through your head. Otherwise I don't see how this whole idea is logical to you, especially when you and CD seem to be the only hardcore believers.
No not that just that it doesn't seem right. The poor ones should be working on improving their status, working on their own on it, the meet wealthy person, after you improved that is. It's kinda like you can't go to number 5 if you not yet do 1-4.
I guess it all comes down when you have a sibling and how you wouldn't want them to settle for something lower.

No I'm not poor, I'm a wealthy middle class woman with goals and ambitions.

No not that just that it doesn't seem right. The poor ones should be working on improving their status, working on their own on it, the meet wealthy person, after you improved that is. It's kinda like you can't go to number 5 if you not yet do 1-4.

kind of ironic considering that you cite your parents as the major source of your wealth.

and don't you realize that 'wealthy middle class' is an oxymoron??

It's unlikely to happen. But hypothetically speaking if it did, then he would still be stable with my parents's 6 apartments the tenants pay them. He can work on the business and so he would get paid too.

Then I guess you can be lazy and have absolutely no desire to do anything meaningful with your life and STILL be rich.

God bless America.

I would say someone's who's rich because they're parents set them up financially is more likely to lack ambition and real world insight than someone who's "poor" and still making it on their own.

You say you and your brother will always be financially stable because of your parents? That doesn't make either of YOU not "losers" in the sense you're using it, it makes your parents not losers. Its very easy to preach about economic status saying so much about your character when you're sitting on the high horse your parents bought for you, right?

LMFAO!!

How do the kids say it?

"Pwned"

Great post. +1,000,000

Where do you get these theories from?
It goes through logic sense. An example would be my father's cousin and their sons which all happened to have finished their majors and have their degree.

It makes sense if the siblings were raised in a productive home then they tend to be productive as adults. But yes there will always be exceptions. I was only speaking in general, notice I didn't say always. The younger siblings most of the time tend to imitate the older one.

What are you successful at?
I was on the top 10% honors graduate in high school and studied psychology for two years, but yes will continue it and go towards getting the associates as well as the bachelor's degree (then stop at that as the doctorate is too long, don't like studying too much), just that I wanted to take a break. I like doing things at my own pace, not being rushed into it.

And I worked on a contact center where I'm earning a lot more than most of the people in my native country, Peru that is. But I still have two other positions available, either on telemarketing or a cruise. Now that cruise would be awesome as you earn more there.

I'm working on becoming a checkers champion and enrolling in martial arts classes as well too.

Paintedfish pretty much summed up what I was thinking. When you accomplish wealth on your own, you can come back and call everyone else a loser. Til then, I'm interested in your answer to Melrich's question. What is it that you've accomplished? Surely, someone with such harsh criticisms of those who "lack ambition" and are "losers" must have a laundry list of accomplishments to boast?

I graduated 5th in a senior class of 250 and am about to intern at a law firm, but that does not make me better than anyone else, nor does it give me the right to call anyone else out. I wish my high school pedigree meant that much to me, lol.

Archived