baby names

hers

you would be surprised how badly people can misspell the most simple of names. I have a pretty common name, spelled the most common way. People spell it all kinds of crazy ways.

people can't even pronounce my name when it's only two simple syllables.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People see my name, ask if that's how I really spell it, and then proceed to spell it wrong.

When I worked at an office, my email signature had the inverted letters of my first name bolded, pink, and a little bigger than the others so theys tood out. People would write me, misspelling my name in the process, and ask why I had it like that. Ugh...

OHHHHHHHHHH I can agree with you there Hers.......people misspell my name ALL the time and then say,"oh well who cares how you spell it, same thing" NO, it is NOT the same thing you DUFUS!

Classic boys names: alexander, david, ben

These are great names. I would likely name my son Ben or Alexander, though David is a bit too common (though beautiful.) Other top contenders for me: Ian, Ethan, Daniel.

I LOVE the name Aaron. Agreed, there are no jerks with that name.

And I have not met a J name I didn't like. They are my favorites. James, Joe, Jeremy, Julian, Jason, Joshua are great.

I like uncommon names as well like Conrad (though that might be better as a middle name) and Seth.

Just stay away from Engelbert or Humperdink.

For girls, I prefer classic names or more exotic names. Favorites: Sonya, Sophia, Cassandra (my personal favorite ever), Alexandra, Elise, and many L names (Lara, Lily, Lianne, Lana -- they're soooo pretty.) I like some J names for girls that sound a bit tomboyish -- Josie or Jo.

These are great names. I would likely name my son Ben or Alexander, though David is a bit too common (though beautiful.) Other top contenders for me: Ian, Ethan, Daniel.

I LOVE the name Aaron. Agreed, there are no jerks with that name.

And I have not met a J name I didn't like. They are my favorites. James, Joe, Jeremy, Julian, Jason, Joshua are great.

I like uncommon names as well like Conrad (though that might be better as a middle name) and Seth.

Just stay away from Engelbert or Humperdink.

For girls, I prefer classic names or more exotic names. Favorites: Sonya, Sophia, Cassandra (my personal favorite ever), Alexandra, Elise, and many L names (Lara, Lily, Lianne, Lana -- they're soooo pretty.) I like some J names for girls that sound a bit tomboyish -- Josie or Jo.

Like the name Aaron too! I always wanted to call a boy Christopher Aaron. I am also not too fond of shortening names to Chris or whatever which is why I gave my son a name you could not make any shorter than Ryan...lol

They originally wanted jeremy but her husband said no to that. She loves that name though.

Bummers, man. "Jeremy" rocks. One of my nephews is named Jeremy, the other David, and so someone better save Daniel for me.

Also, I'm with dragon lady on preferring Brenden to Brandon -- and I love the Brett, Brent, Brennan family of names.

Vic, I'm the opposite. I like having a name you can write out long, or short. Like Alexander can be Al, Alex, even Sanders. Ha, I'd call my bro "Sander".

Oh, how can I forget! I love Laurence. What a poetic name, and you can get Larry out of that. I love the versions of that.

Though now, I'm thinking of the Cable Guy. Which I guess I could do without.

Bummers, man. "Jeremy" rocks. One of my nephews is named Jeremy, the other David, and so someone better save Daniel for me.

Also, I'm with dragon lady on preferring Brenden to Brandon -- and I love the Brett, Brent, Brennan family of names.

Vic, I'm the opposite. I like having a name you can write out long, or short. Like Alexander can be Al, Alex, even Sanders. Ha, I'd call my bro "Sander".

Oh, how can I forget! I love Laurence. What a poetic name, and you can get Larry out of that. I love the versions of that.

Though now, I'm thinking of the Cable Guy. Which I guess I could do without.

ooh larry is a baddddd name. i can't stand that name....

we have a david and daniel and dustin in our family, so i know those names are out.

i dont like "old man" names--ernest, larry, al, melvin, marvin, martin, gary, etc.

i lik ethe name henry though.

That's why I dislike braxton (b/c of braxton hicks contractions). Everyone asks that and I'm sure she'll get the "was he a braxton hicks baby?" in mommy group!

I don't know about brennan and brett and all those. I have to run them by her.

Archived