baby names

hers

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Konstantine is a nice name for a boy I think. In Russian the nickname will be Kostya. Kind of unusual in English speaking countries though. I like Robert too but then you run the risk of him being called Bob.

For girls there are so many I like.. Angelique (ahn-jshia-leek), Jade, Naomi

btw- Konstantine is usually said like koen-stahn-teen but I guess you could say it either way

you know how "Bill" is short for "William"

Well I dated a guy once who had a friend called "Billiam"

Also, some aquaintances wanted to call their child "Austin"

but spelled

"Awstynne"

I also saw a kid's name "Jackson" as "Jaxonne"...seriously!!!

](*,)

the spelling names too differently makes it really difficult. I have friends who are teachers and when they go through the class list and they see "Ann" or "Luke" they do call on those kids more often than they will call on "Billiam" or "Jenafur" (yes i saw it spelt like that!!!!!!)

Names from a nursery I used to work at..

George, Arthur, Charlie, Thomas, James, Ziggy, Sebastian / Cecelia, Celia, Cassandra, Louisa, Grace, Caitlin, Sophie

My personal favourites include;

Fran (cute brown bob & hairclip compulsory lol)

Anna

Pippa

Ben

I like all these... nice strong names!!!

but spelled

"Awstynne"

](*,)

the spelling names too differently makes it really difficult. I have friends who are teachers and when they go through the class list and they see "Ann" or "Luke" they do call on those kids more often than they will call on "Billiam" or "Jenafur" (yes i saw it spelt like that!!!!!!)

This made me laugh so hard.

Billiam and Awstynne...that's rough.

The friend I was talking about earlier has a kid called "Jaxonne." Not cool sweety.

My girl's name is Mialee (pronounced My-uh-lee but sounds identicle to Miley)

For a boy we are going with Merrick. Or maybe spelled Marick, Marik, etc. (Pronounced Mare-ick)

We like names that aren't going to be held by 15 members of their classroom like I did as a kid. My name is Mike and I think everyone had that name.

^ My old dentist was a Merrick.

15 years ago when I was naming my son I was into unusual names. I adapted my chosen girl's name, it's not too bizarre but it's nice that we've never come accross another one (although I've googled it and apparently there's a famous one in Australia, so not so unique). Nowadays I'm more likely to be raiding Enid Blyton books lol.

Freya and Poppy are very popular here at the moment. Every other teenager here is called Emily, Laura, Bethan or Sophie.

but spelled

"Awstynne"

](*,)

ow it hurts. it hurts so bad!

you would be surprised how badly people can misspell the most simple of names. I have a pretty common name, spelled the most common way. People spell it all kinds of crazy ways.

People never spell my name right. And when they see the way it's spelled they start pronouncing it wrong. I don't even care anymore if people pronounce it wrong. Pronounce it however you like but get the spelling right dammit!

lol

My name has a Facebook group dedicated to it. A girl with my same spelling (they're out there? I never knew till this!) started it and searched all the people on Facebook with the same spelling and invited us all. I had no idea how many of us there were! It made me happy to see that!!

My name has a Facebook group dedicated to it. A girl with my same spelling (they're out there? I never knew till this!) started it and searched all the people on Facebook with the same spelling and invited us all. I had no idea how many of us there were! It made me happy to see that!!

I'm so curious to know your name now. You've really talked it up!

Haha, I don't care, so I'll say it (not like I try too hard to keep my anonymity here...)

My name is mehgan. H before the G. Soooo many people spell it meghan, megan, meagan, even meaghan. Never mehgan. Drives me crazy!! Many people in my famly even spell it wrong. It's like pulling teeth to get them to spell it right...

Archived