Is dark hair really beautiful?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, blonde really isn't the end all be all of hair color like it used to be. Brunette is exotic and honestly most of the most gorgeous women in hollywood have dark hair. Dark hair is finally getting recognition. Granted, I am a brunette, but I have been in your shoes before. I love having brown hair now. Just carry it with confidence.

I love dark hair on the opposite sex, but for myself..I have platinum blonde [natural light golden blonde, I just prefer platinum] alternating with reddish brown underneath or dark brown underneath. I have tan skin and blue eyes..I wouldn't look good at all with dark hair..I just honestly prefer the blonde hair, blue eyed look...but my boyfriend has dark brown hair and it's sexyy.

I think dark hair is prettier than blonde and i think dark haired men are more attractive than blonde...in most cases but not all. I have seen some great look blonde women and men but as a whole my preference has always been dark.

That said, many women with dark features and naturally dark brown or black hair just don't even look right when they go blonde. They look much prettier and mroe natural with their dark locks.

I know so many gorgeous brunettes I am baffled why you think dark hair would put you in the ugly duckling category. Would you call Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Garner, Terry Hatcher and many others an ugly duckling???

I think dark hair is prettier than blonde and i think dark haired men are more attractive than blonde...in most cases but not all. I have seen some great look blonde women and men but as a whole my preference has always been dark.

That said, many women with dark features and naturally dark brown or black hair just don't even look right when they go blonde. They look much prettier and mroe natural with their dark locks.

I know so many gorgeous brunettes I am baffled why you think dark hair would put you in the ugly duckling category. Would you call Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Garner, Terry Hatcher and many others an ugly duckling???

No way! Those women are gorgeous!

I naturally have dark hair. Like this:

link removed

And I'm wondering, with all the high-trends of having blonde hair, does having dark hair consider me as a fellow ugly duckling?

Just wondering.

At 18 I used to hate my dark hair. Ok hate is a strong word. I thought it was rather blah. Red heads and girls with lighterbrown hair seemed to rule lol.

Now I LOVE my dark brown or black, highlight/dye free hair.

I hate to admit it but celebs like Kim Kardashian, etc have convinced me even more it can be very sexy and sultry. Plus I'm even happier not dying it and all.

its weird. i never hated my dark hair i just wanted lighter eyes. LOL

I think it is because my mother always talked about how beautiful blue and green eyed people were and it made me think that is what i also needed to have.

Most of our insecurities are deep rooted in our formative years.

Today i just embrace my 'exoticness'. LOL And that is what i will continue to call it! LOL

Dark hair is much better. I use a henna & horsechestnut shampoo and conditioner and often get comments about how great my hair looks. Plus it looks great during the summer. And depending on style, can look fun or brooding. Try looking brooding with blond hair. Blond hair is positively boring in comparison.

I was blonde 99% percent of my life...recently dyed it dark auburn and the results I'm getting (in terms of male appreciation) has increased tenfold... so, I'm venturing a guess that yeah, dark hair is beautiful

Yeah, earlier this year I used semi-perm on my hair to dye it considerably dark and when I mixed that with a leather jacket, the effect was literally shocking. On one metro ride I would get asked out more than once. Oo

So yeah, I guess long dark hair must be like a magnet to a lot of men.

Archived