Is dark hair really beautiful?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
some blondes have that face structure that make them look better with dark hair..

I'm not sure face structure determines what hair color looks good to me, it's more about skin tone. Which is why I agree that whatever hair is natural on a person is what looks good. Because usually, the entire complexion goes together as a package the way it came. IMHO.

I once really wanted black hair, so I tried on a wig and boy, did it make my face look pasty and anemic. I was so bummed out! Even though I'm not a very pale-skinned person, for some reason you'd be able to tell that it wasn't the "right" color for me. Same for the platinum blonde look...it's just SO obvious, it's more like you're seeing fake hair or something. A hairdresser once told me that a good dye job will never look like one (the odd thing being she was bleached herself and it was totally obvious!!)

And la'isla, I think your girl is beautiful...but...there's just something slightly...vacant...about her look. She looks almost "untouchable". There's a kind of icy beauty that I see a lot of out there, that doesn't draw me in to a person even if they're stunning, and she'd be a good example. Everything about her looks like it'd be carefully measured and clean. Too severe and immaculate. I like a more earthy look. But of course, that's just totally personal.

And la'isla, I think your girl is beautiful...but...there's just something slightly...vacant...about her look. She looks almost "untouchable". There's a kind of icy beauty that I see a lot of out there, that doesn't draw me in to a person even if they're stunning, and she'd be a good example. Everything about her looks like it'd be carefully measured and clean. Too severe and immaculate. I like a more earthy look. But of course, that's just totally personal.

hmm it might be just the type of modelling she does (persian). but i've seen many other pics of her, when she's outside on a normal day, she looks very happy. link removed

I agree skin tone is a big part.. but i think maybe face stucture also.. maybe its just in my eyes.. but i have seen 2 different blondes with same skin tone.. that dyed there hair black.. and one of them looked better and the other looked worse and should of stayed blonde. and both had same skin tone..

I agree skin tone is a big part.. but i think maybe face stucture also.. maybe its just in my eyes.. but i have seen 2 different blondes with same skin tone.. that dyed there hair black.. and one of them looked better and the other looked worse and should of stayed blonde. and both had same skin tone..

I think eyes have a lot to do with it too. Big, dark sparkly eyes rarely look good with with blonde hair. Light greens and blues tend to suit it more. Medium tones can often go either way.

hmm it might be just the type of modelling she does (persian). but i've seen many other pics of her' date=' when she's outside on a normal day, she looks very happy. [i']link removed[/i]

Yeah, that's a little better. Of course, she's gorgeous...it's just a very pristine look, which can border on that part of the spectrum that for me gets a little more like art and less like a sanguine human being.

Yeah, I'd have to see the faces in question.

A general rule of thumb for when going blond: If you were blond as a child, then you have the perfect skin tone/structure/etc for it.

That's like me. I was blonde as a child (up until about age 10) and then my hair went dark. I got blonde highlights in it when I was about 17. Everyone loved it. I have light green eyes, so it really made them pop. I still prefer having dark hair though. The darker the better!

i was blondish as a kid. but blonde would look ridiculous on me unless it was dark

You'd look ghoulish with blonde, if you don't mind my saying so (glad you never did that, whew, haha!)

That was the other wig I tried, lol.

I looked absolutely RIDICULOUS! It literally made me look like a baffoon!

Red seemed to be the only one that really worked. But I already have reddish/auburn highlights naturally, so. That was that.

Have you ever tried blonde wigs? Besides hair colors being light, medium, dark, there are also "tones" that come in mind, like golden, ash, neutral, etc.

you're right i haven't looked at the darker blonde wigs. when my hair was black it made me look older, also - which was a good thing.

Archived