Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

The BellaDonna, Get off Your Ass Journal

BellaDonna

Yikes, been there done that.

Speaking of doctors visits, how are you tummy issues?

So far so good. Ever since I started cutting out carbs/ grains my stomach issues disappeared. The only source of carbs that I have now is fruit. On the rare occasion I have a cheat meal and have grains, my stomach isn't right again.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ yum!

My new favorite snack has been chocolate almonds. They are coated with a cocoa powder and so good. I have to watch my portions on those though.

So the walking has been paying off. I finally broke my plateau and lost another pound.

Total weight loss = 16lbs

I still wish the progress was faster. I get so annoyed.

I was tempted to just get a tummy tuck, until I did some research and looked into the way the scar looks after. I don't want a scar like that. Even the ones that were advertised as great results looked awful to me.

• 3 weeks later...

I have lost 2 more pounds. Total loss = 17lbs.

I have been vigilant about taking a lunch break at work and walking on the track. Depending on my schedule I walk 30-60 minutes per weekday. On weekends between cleaning and walking to the park with my son I keep active.

At first I was so out of shape that I was getting very sore, even from simple brisk walking. My back was hurting, I had sciatic pain, and my calves were sore. After pushing through it and going to the chiropractor it finally went away.

I'm fitting into my smaller sized pants. Thighs are no longer touching when walking- that is always my gauge of true progress.

I had one of the best Mother's Days ever. It started with a nice brunch buffet with my husband and son. The weather was gorgeous (unseasonably warm) so we went to the beach for a little while on a whim. Then we got lemonade and went home and laid together in our hammock. I am blessed.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not weighed myself in a few weeks but I am pretty sure I am down another pound or two, based on the way my jeans fit. I'll have to weigh in this week sometime if I can remember to do so before eating breakfast.

I've been pretty consistent with eating well and with walking. I splurge a little on the weekends but as long as I keep up with the walking my metabolism seems to be much better. My walking during lunch has really caught on at work. Some of my friends at work have started trying to join me which is great because it makes the time go by and it also forces me to show up at the track, knowing that they are expecting me.

Work has been stressful in general because I am short staffed again for the summer. grrrr No matter what, I am still taking my lunch and taking my walk. There isn't anything important enough to make me neglect my health. That is where I went wrong last time.

• 2 weeks later...

UGH. So the wedding I was in, is over and I can officially relax now. It was a nice wedding and very fun at times- but I'm happy to be set free from bridesmaid duties. I've seen some of the photos and don't feel like I look like a manatee in the dress so that is good.

Swimsuit season will continue to keep me on track with my diet and exercise now that the dress goal is gone! LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First world problems: I'm in love with a dress link removed

And I can't seem to find it anywhere for a reasonable price. I first saw it in a boutique and I tried it on. It was really overpriced there (small places always seem in inflate prices). Then I found it on Neiman Marcus' website for much less but it was sold out. boo whooo

First world problems: I'm in love with a dress link removed

And I can't seem to find it anywhere for a reasonable price. I first saw it in a boutique and I tried it on. It was really overpriced there (small places always seem in inflate prices). Then I found it on Neiman Marcus' website for much less but it was sold out. boo whooo

Can you contact Trina Turk directly? The company, not the lady, lol.

^ I saw that too when I was searching.I got excited and then realized it was only a size 2. That won't fit me in this lifetime. i could use it as a bandana.

Contacting the designer is something I can try. I want a bargain too though. So far it has not turned up on ebay. I've been cyber stalking it like mad. Lol

Have you tried google shopping or eBay?

I hope you're having a really nice summer. I miss seeing you on here!

Thanks, sophie! I am having a good summer. I am using a lot of vacation time for boating w/ the family. My job has been sucking the life out of me so I don't get here as much to post. I miss it too. Maybe I will post about my work woes soon. I always check in on journals to see how everyone is.

• 1 month later...

Summer went by too quickly. I can hardly believe it's already 9/1.

My eating and level of activity was not the best during the month of August. I had way too many restaurant splurges, and didn't walk on the track as consistently because it was very hot and I didn.t want to get all sweaty mid-day at work. I paid for it by gaining 2 pounds. I plan to shed them as quickly as I gained them. I'm back to tracking every bit in my "Myplate" app and get myself back on the track to walk during every lunch break.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still walking every day for 30 minutes to an hour, during lunch. It's caught on with other co-workers, so we sometimes meet up to walk.

I am going to invest in some really warm outdoor gear I can wear so that I will still walk during the winter, even if it is bitter cold. As long as there is not rain or snow, I am not going to let the cold stop me from staying active.

Overall, I've been feeling a bit yucky lately. Summer is over and it is depressing. I miss my beach and boat days. I've already started taking extra vitamin D. I may actually try a SAD lamp this season because the technology has gotten better and I think it's worth a try.

I have noticed that ever since I am back on birth control pills I've been feeling crummy. I get more headaches and have less energy. I'm hoping it will pass. It's still better to deal with this than an unplanned pregnancy or using condoms though. Ugh- I hate them. The Mirena IUD was so convenient, but it made my hair thin and become dull. I've noticed that my hair is much shinier and thicker in the 6 months or so that I've been without the Mirena.

My husband and I know we're done having kids. We feel complete with our son. If we ever want to expand our family it will be through adoption, and much later. Eventually I will get my tubes tied and be free of this annoyance once and for all! I just can't afford to be laid up for a surgery right now . There is too much going on.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still walking every day that I possibly can. Work has been really intense and stressful. Usually by this time in the academic year, things slow down a little, but so far it has not slowed down yet. I'm not sure it will. I need to take the reigns of my work/life balance because I'm feeling very unbalanced and by the time I get home each day, I lack energy. My eating has been bad the past couple of weeks. I need to stop getting take out and try some crock pot recipes so that something healthy will be ready to eat when I get home. I usually come home ravenous.

Today I had planned on cleaning the house and getting other chores and errands done, but instead I stayed in PJ's and have been unproductive. I needed the time to just veg out and recharge.

Ick. Time for Daylight Savings Time and it will be getting darker much earlier. I hate that it gets dark so early.

On a positive note I had a really fun Halloween. My son was adorable and my neighborhood is always festive for Halloween. I love the little trick-or-treaters who come to the door.

Hi Bella!! Sometimes we just need to stay in our pjs ..lol. I do it sometimes ....Im also trying to get into the swing of things too. Good luck to you with your fitness goals. I know it's tough to get everything in order especially with a crazy work schedule. Just focus on small victories. They really do add up!

Archived