Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

The BellaDonna, Get off Your Ass Journal

BellaDonna

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the idea for the wraps. I think I'm going to try that, especially the buffalo chicken with the crumbled blue cheese.

It is so yummy and feels like a treat. I think you will like it.

DAY 16 for me. I lost another pound. So that is 8lbs down total so far. Yay. Hope it continues!

I did a weigh in this morning. I lost 2 more pounds. Total weight loss = 9lbs

I am super-psyched that I have almost reached the 10lb mark. It feels like it is real progress once that happens.

I'm still restricting all bread, pasta, rice. cereal and other carbs. I have re-introduced fruit into my diet, but will only have fruits with a lot of nutritional value, which is rich in color. Namely blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and pomegranate.

Over the weekend my husband and I went out to dinner and I ordered Asian lettuce wraps (chicken and other veggies with peanut dressing wrapped in lettuce leafs) then a petite filet with spinach, and skipped the potato.

I had 2 Bacardis in diet cola for a cocktail. Holy moly....after not having a drink for 3 weeks I sure felt the kick of those! I will allow myself cocktails one night per week (either Friday or Saturday).

I weighed in, and I lost another 1.5lbs.

Total weight loss= 10.5 lbs.

Low carb eating can be a challenge at times but it really works well for me.

I still get some cravings for sweets at night. When that happens, I usually have a spoon of peanut butter or a square of 86% dark chocolate. The really dark chocolate is quite bitter at first, but it definitely does all of the right things for my brain. For me it is like getting high to eat a piece. Mmmmm, endorphins lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I've lost a total of 12 pounds.

My waist is a lot better in clothing. I am nowhere near being ready for wearing a bridesmaid gown in June or for a swimsuit in July, but I have time and know I'll be all set by then. I'd need to lose 25 more pounds. Once I stop losing from dieting with light cardio, I am going to have to step up the exercise. I may try running on the track near my home in the spring.

The weather sucks right now: snowed in!

Weighed in this morning. I lost another pound.

Total loss = 13 lbs.

I am feeling good. I am noticing some positive small changes that make a big difference in my daily life. I no longer have to pry my wedding ring off my finger at night before bed using soap and profanity. It comes off easily now without needing soap or water.

I never realized how much carbs can cause swelling. Now that they are out of my diet I don't feel swollen and bloated anymore.

My face looks more chiseled with better cheek bones instead of chipmunky.

I still have quite a ways to go to get to my goal weight, but progress keeps me on track.

Thanks petite. I do get back on track. Next time I need to force myself not to get off the track though. I am such a glutton over the Fall and Winter right through New Year's Eve. I am like a bear gearing up for hibernation, I just want to eat delicious things and sleep in a cave. I really have to stop that because the older I get, the more damage it does to my physically. My metabolism is not what it used to be in my 20's. I cannot let myself slip again. I am so mad at myself for letting it go this far. But I am back on track now so I feel empowered.

Speaking of metabolism, I added a Super B-12 Complex and Biotin to my supplements.

With the amount of cleaning I did today I easily burned at least 1000 calories. I love looking around and seeing a clean house.

Uggghhhh! I am so tired of snow. We have more today and everything was cancelled and closed. I have so much work to do in the office that I wish I could go into work.

I hate being home all day snowed in because my food cravings get so bad out of sheer boredom. I am going to try to find a low carb cookie recipe that uses coconut flour, and make them with my son.

I need Spring to come!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I lost another pound. My total weight loss is 14 pounds.

I wore a pair of jeans I have not been able to wear (comfortably) for a while. Today they fit and the waist has room. Yay

I still get annoyed when I think of how much more I need to lose to get to my goal weight. But onwards and upwards.

Today was a stressful day at work. I had multiple cravings to use bad food as a crutch, but I resisted them all.

I definitely could not wait until the day was over. It sucks working in a bureaucracy sometimes, especially when people play dirty politics and make passive aggressive moves. I can sniff out a rat who cannot be trusted from a mile away (I thank my Sicilian heritage for this skill lol). When someone makes a weird, rogue phone call to me I know something dumb is brewing (like someone trying to change a policy off the record without consulting the proper entities). It's too obvious.

I have a list of about 5 people whom I wish would retire and make the world a better place. Good riddance.

• 2 weeks later...

I weighed in this morning and I lost another pound. Total loss = 15 pounds.

It is coming off slower now, which means it is time to kick up the exercise.

I am still so tired. I am hoping daylight savings time helps things along with spring arriving soon.

I definitely get seasonal depression. This season I am not sad, unhappy, or feeling down. It has manifested itself as feeling tired, lazy, unmotivated, not wanting to leave the house unless I have to. It's more like a hibernation mode. I have content inner feelings though which is good.

I most likely seem withdrawn to friends and family because I have not been out and about much or visiting. I am at peace sitting in front of the fireplace and have not pushed myself to do anything I don't feel like doing. I probably appear selfish.

I am happy in my little world with my husband and son.

My niece is 6 also. Do you ever have moments when you listen to them talk, and they say something really profound and kind and you think wow, they are so mature and wise, you forget they are a kid. And then later in the day, they have a melt down because of something ridiculous, like they really really don't want to go to the park and that is the worst, most awful suggestion in the world, and it causes them to have a full on temper tantrum?

My niece is 6 also. Do you ever have moments when you listen to them talk, and they say something really profound and kind and you think wow, they are so mature and wise, you forget they are a kid. And then later in the day, they have a melt down because of something ridiculous, like they really really don't want to go to the park and that is the worst, most awful suggestion in the world, and it causes them to have a full on temper tantrum?

Yes. Definitely. My son is like an old soul in a lot of ways. He is very deep and insightful. However, he definitely lets me know he is still 6.

The weather is finally warming up again today. I am going to take a long walk. I have to get moving if I want to accelerate the weight loss. Diet alone is not enough to keep the momentum I want.

I am not quite where I want to be. I need to do some major toning before June, before I have to be seen in a bridesmaids gown. And forget swimsuits right now. I can't even think of it! erg

Another wedding, another year of being a bridesmaid.

I'm in 3 this year! Grrrrrr Italians , lol.

Frigging toning is annoying me, stupid losing weight fast after giving birth.

First world problems. 😁

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

My journal as been inactive for a bit but I've been pretty active. I've been making myself walk at least 2 miles a day on the track during my lunch break. It's the first time I've been taking my lunch break like I should in a very long time.

I went to my doctor for my yearly appointment and she was happy I had lost weight since my last visit. I also had blood work done and my cholesterol levels are down from last time and in a healthy range.

Then I went to my other doctor and had my Mirena removed because it's been 5 years. It hurt like a mother for a nanosecond but wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm back on the pill for birth control now. I hope this pill does not contribute to any weight gain and that I also do not experience the "Mirena crash" I've been reading about.

Sorry if this is TMI but I'm also annoyed because while I'm on the new pill we need to use a backup birth control method for a week (of course since I'm paranoid I'm making it 2 weeks). Oh I forgot how much I HATE condoms. I can't wait to be back to au naturale!!! It's so much better. Oh well....

Ugh.... I'm having a lazy lazy day today. I'm procrastinating all of my chores and wasting time buying music from itunes.

I'm annoyed that I exercised every day last week along with my diet and the scale didn't move this morning. In fact, I think that is what put me in a bad mood for the day.

Archived