Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

The BellaDonna, Get off Your Ass Journal

BellaDonna

i hear you bella. i haven't been going to the gym lately myself. it's so god awful hot and humid, by the time i am finished walking home, i am already sweating and don't feel like getting to a gym! i mean, it's disgusting.

well, you can let it lapse and if you find yourself missing the gym, you can always sign up again. are there other gyms in your area you might consider?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking of stopping for now and them maybe re-starting in January or February. That is when I risk slipping into seasonal blues and using the machines at the gym helps me to get out of it. I really like my gym because it has the pool and the crowd is older. There are others that are cheaper but they are like meat markets filled with lunks showing off how much they can lift.

I have such a hard time getting there. By the time I get home from work, and then eat, it is 7pm before I know it...then I am tired and want to wind down and also spend time at home with my son. Mornings are impossible because my son is up at 6. If I wanted to go to the gym and be showered before he woke up (and while my husband is still home) I'd have to be there by 5am or so.... (not likely to happen in this lifetime lol)

Working out mid-day during lunch time at work is not an option, other than light walking, as I don't want to return to work sweaty and frazzled. I'd have horrible hair crises such as my hair poofing out like the afro it strives to be, on the days I straighten it.

Bella, have you thought about maybe purchasing your favorite machine? I know they can be super expensive, but if it's just the one thing you like the most, sometimes they can be found on sale, or second hand. That way you're saving on the gym membership, but you got what you like at home and you can go about your own routine and work it in.

I hear you on working out during lunch, I'd never do it, it's just not something I can do because I need to shower and do everything again in order to get into the office and look presentable. And wen you want to use the pool sometimes, maybe your son can come with you?

I know getting up at 5am is really tough and if you love your sleep, it can be super hard to get going. The only reason I do it is because it fits in with my routine and because if I exercise too late then I'm way too energized at night. Lately I've been struggling to get out of bed, I am up and wide awake I just think of the outside and weather and that alone makes me want to stay indoors and in bed. It's such a challenge getting up soooo early.

I would love to own one of those machines but it is huge and I have no where it can fit.

I used to take my son in the pool with me but it is hard to work out in any organized way with him there. He wants to hang on me and splash me the whole time or play "shark" lol.

I've been true to the title of my Journal. I have not been sitting on my ass. I've been running around like a maniac doing errands and cleaning. I will take a couple of vacation days off from work next week to relax and be lazy. I just have to get my "to do" list done before I can truly relax.

Just got back from a weekend away. I ate horribly though. There was too much good food at the hotel. The breakfast buffet was soooooo yummy. The only good thing is that I also did a lot of walking. I hope that will limit the damage. I won't weigh myself until next week to see if my splurging had a negative impact.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still here. Still not on a fitness kick. I've been so crazy busy with work and life that I have to build in exercise by talking stairs, parking further away to create longer walks to my destination. Without those things right now I would have zero exercise.

Parking further away isn't fun wearing heels. I committed shoeicide the other day doing that in a pair of peep-toe pumps. -Got a big painful blister on the back of my right heel as a result. bah

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stress is letting up at work a little. I'm still not on an exercise or healthy eating path, that's for sure.

To replace the work stress, my friends have been acting so ridiculous lately:

*One is experiencing an unplanned pregnancy, AGAIN. We're up to 3 in the last 5 years. She's decided she can't have a 3rd abortion so she will have the baby with the guy, who gave her herpes due to cheating on her with mutliple women, including a stripper. I can't even bear listening to the drama. Good luck with that.

*The other is getting married and is acting like a toddler on crack taking massive tantrums over nothing. She is being a control freak, demanding my time on nights and weekends and holidays. I doubt I can even continue being friends with her after this wedding. She is being so selfish, arrogant, and her sense of entitlement and bossy tone is unreal. If her mother didn't already pay for the bridesmaid gown, I'd tell her shove it and be done for good. I just have to plug through this until the wedding is over.

grrr

I wish I had friends that were helpful in times of stress, and not ones that added to it. My ENA friends are the only kind ones during my stressful times.

In my last correspondence over e-mail with her I told her how crazy my work schedule has been, how busy my son keeps me, how little free time I have, etc. When she asked when I could get together with her I told her weekends were not possible. She wanted us both to go together when I went for the second fitting of my bridesmaid gown. I told her it was too difficult for me to find time on a weekend to do so, and that I could pop by the bridal salon during my lunch break one day. She then got mad at me for doing so, and sent me a reprimanding e-mail saying how disappointed she was that I would dare go alone after she said she wanted to be there, and then said she still wants to see it on me after the 2nd fitting and which "weekend" can we make plans so that we can do so. Her e-mail was so rude, it blew my mind.

I am so tempted to take the dress- stick in a box- ship it to her house- and send her an e-mail asking her who the $&@# does she think she is and how dare she send me such a message and that life is too short for "friends" like her and to have a nice wedding.

Then only reason I am not is because my husband is convincing me out of it. But if this situation gets worse I will be doing that. I don't have time for her crap and have no use for people like that in my life at this point. I have a zero tolerance policy for B.S. lately.

Archived