Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

The BellaDonna, Get off Your Ass Journal

BellaDonna

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for you for hitting it so hard! I've realized that I need to either get some self discipline or face a lifetime of being overweight and hating my body. Once again, my clothes aren't fitting well, and this time I need to STICK WITH IT. I did level 1 of the shred and then did 30 mins of yoga today (yoga was the hardest, imo). Everyday. That's the goal. No excuses.

That sounds like a good plan, sherryberrypie. So many people seem to be doing "the shred". I'm wondering if I should try it when it is time for me to change things up. Do you like it? Does it involve fancy footwork or is it easy to follow? I like DVD's that give a good workout but without complex dance routines, etc.

Day 15 of BFL

Ugh- I missed my upper body workout this morning. I feel very guilty about it. I was just so tired when the alarm went off that I could not peel myself out of bed. I had the choice to sleep for another 46 minutes or do the BFL upper body workout and I chose sleep. It was a lazy decision. This is especially bad for me to do on a Monday because I work late and I know it is unlikely I will fit in an upper body workout when I come home either. I know how tired I get after work. I have decided I will commit to do at least do 3 sets of 15 reps for biceps, triceps, and chest but I doubt I will get a full 46 minute workout in using the BFL method after work.

I hate Mondays!

Don't berate yourself too much. On those days when it is impossible to get out of bed, you clearly just need more rest. Maybe just do a bit of yoga to stretch your muscles today.

I like the shred mainly because it's very easy to follow. I got sick of her voice and her telling people NOT to stop makes me want to stop, so now I just blast my ipod at the same time. I always think about trying those cardio dance dvd's, but then I remember how bad I am at keeping track! I spend more time trying to figure out what I'm doing than getting excercise

I've shifted some schedules around, changing the free days. You're staying plenty active I'm sure you're doing just fine

I was looking through some of the pictures of Shelly...I think she just dropped too much body fat...like paper thin skin like bodybuilders have. Doesn't look healthy either way but who knows...could be her body but it does look a bit odd!

Day 16 of BFL

I will be hitting the gym later today to do 30 minutes of HIIT cardio and an Upper Body workout to make up for the one I missed yesterday.

I was looking through some of the pictures of Shelly...I think she just dropped too much body fat...like paper thin skin like bodybuilders have. Doesn't look healthy either way but who knows...could be her body but it does look a bit odd!

Yeah something just doesn't look right. She has muscle -which I'm not sure a true anorexic would be able to maintain biologically but the pointy ribs sticking out definitely don't look healthy at all.

As much as I have certain physical goals I would NEVER want to look like a bony 10 year-old boy. That's where I draw the line. Some body fat is needed.

Got to the gym as planned.

Workout: 30 minutes HIIT cardio on the elliptical crosstrainer. BFL upper body workout.

Stretching 5 minutes.

Just because.....hip adducter machine 2 sets of 15, calf raises 2 sets of 15 off step

Soaked in the gym hot tub afterwards. (I am always torn between feeling like it is the best thing in the world and alternately wondering if I should skeeve it- The water looks clean but I hope I don't get something gross like link removed

Thanks, petite.

Day 18 of BFL

Gym workout: 30 minutes HIIT on elliptical . Ab bootcamp. Stretching 8 minutes

-Resisted delicious looking carb-fat-sugar filled muffins at a breakfast meeting this morning and opted for a fruit cup instead. If I still want one by my "free day" I may indulge then.

My goodness you get muffins? When they announce a meeting at my company the memo at the bottom reads "Water and Coffee will be provided". What happened to Munchkins from Dunkin Donuts like in the past!

It'd be funny if someone else had a free day and was gobbling up the muffin in front of you lol.

Water

whoa what a treat lol

I can't complain we are treated superbly at work. I blame this place for a lot of extra calories. The WORST by far are all of the temptresses here that bake in their free time and bring in all kinds of stuff. Some of them walk right into my office and put it under my nose: "WANT ONE?" -so hard to say no. Last week it was banana bread. There are a lot of fellow chocolate fiends here too so they will send e-mails "Chocolate brownies in the break room" grrrrrrrr

whoa what a treat lol

I can't complain we are treated superbly at work. I blame this place for a lot of extra calories. The WORST by far are all of the temptresses here that bake in their free time and bring in all kinds of stuff. Some of them walk right into my office and put it under my nose: "WANT ONE?" -so hard to say no. Last week it was banana bread. There are a lot of fellow chocolate fiends here too so they will send e-mails "Chocolate brownies in the break room" grrrrrrrr

Ha ha, I have never met anywhere that does food like the place I work for now. I have meeting every thursday night - dessert provided. Another meeting earlier tonight - pizza AND dessert provided. Meeting next Wednesday - going out to lunch. Working this Sunday and am supposed to PROVIDE the snacks! fat fat fat

Yesterday was Day 19 and I did my upper body workout.

Day 20- today- free day: indulged in pizza and a brownie

I'm sure I burned it off though since I had my friend's 2 year-old little boy sleep over....so I had a 2 year old and a 3 year-old boy in my home for 24+ hours. It was action-packed to say the least. It was a ton of fun but I will be passing out tonight for sure as soon as I hit the mattress.

What fun is a slumber party without pizza?

Yesterday was Day 21- Cardio and Ab bootcamp

Today is Day 22- I did my Lower Body Workout- I was proud of myself. Despite it being a Monday morning I got up the fiist time my alarm rang and even arrived at the gym a whole 5 minutes before they opened. That's a first!

I cleaned the entire house yesterday since it was in shambles from my son's prior sleepover. Who knew that 2 toddlers could create so many crumbs!? (Traces of animal crackers and cheerios- apparently they thought it was a good idea to hide some behind my recliner- little rodents!)

Day 23

Cardio- kickboxing DVD- stretching 5 minutes, abs

Weighed myself this morning- I am down -2lbs

I am very happy about this!!!!

So far I have lost 4lbs since starting BFL. I had gained an extra 5lbs when I first starting going to the gym in April. So I pleased that I am shedding it again.

I'm still keeping up with the BFL Plan- I just haven't been good about updating my ENA Journal this week. Today was my free day.

I'm sure I still burned a ton of calories today though- due to several hours of cleaning. erg

I also put out all of my Halloween and harvest decor and that makes me very happy.

Day 28

Upper Body Workout- at gym

biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders, back -using BFL method of 12, 10, 8, 6 ,12, 12 (reps)

Ugh. There is this monday morning trio at the gym (a woman and 2 men) that all talk sooooooooo loud to one another about football. I had to blast my mp3 player to drown out one of the guy's blasting voices.

Something about hearing talking and laughing when I am trying to bench press is really annoying. I don't want to hear "har har har har" when I am trying to reach my peak in a weight training exercise- save it for the lounge. Another thing they do is just sit idol on machines talking instead of working out. -Get movin! lol They dont stop speaking for 10 seconds in an hour span. I've tried arriving earlier for later on a Monday bit still can't seem to avoid them.

Cranky rant over.

Day 30

I did my lower body workout at the gym this morning. I also did extra ab exercises.

Today is one of those days that I feel as if my stomach is a bottomless pit. I've been hungry ALL day, despite following the BFL meal plan and drinking a lot of water. I will end up having an extra protein shake.

I don't know why I bothered having a banana as the carb portion for my last meal (lunch). Any time I eat one it makes me more hungry than I was before I ate it. For me bananas are an appetite stimulant and they never make me feel full. I should have eaten an apple or some strawberries instead of the banana. All it did was make me crave sugar and carbs.

Yesterday was Day 31 : Cardio. I had a rather stressful day. I went to the gym at night and swam for my cardio. I did 20 minutes doing the BFL HIIT method. Then I did an additional 30 minutes of leisurely swimming and just floating on my back and feeling weightless while looking at the ceiling. lol It was very relaxing and took the edge right off my day.

Today is Day 32 and I did my Upper Body Workout this morning. I struggled to get through it- it is still my least favorite workout.

Archived