Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

The BellaDonna, Get off Your Ass Journal

BellaDonna

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked on the second floor, I was holding onto the rail walking down like a grandpa so my legs didn't feel like it was going to give out.

That is what I've been doing today, every time I have to walk down the stairs from the 2nd floor of my house. It's hurting worse as the day goes on- almost unbearable.

For my cardio workout today I swam. It was pretty much my only option for exercise that I could get through.

That is what I've been doing today, every time I have to walk down the stairs from the 2nd floor of my house. It's hurting worse as the day goes on- almost unbearable.

Hey B,

This happens to me a lot when I do a vigorous/intense work-out after a few months of slacking (not that you were slacking), or when I lift for the first time after months of just cardio. It kills me and I feel like a very old lady, or like someone's been beating me up with a baseball bat.

I don't really think it's cause for concern - it's always gotten better after a few days. 800 mg ibuprofen 4 times a day will get you moving a bit faster! (safe dose for short-term muscle pain relief)

DAY 5

I completed my upper body workout this morning from home. I used my stability ball as a bench again.

There was a slight mishap when my cat decided to sneak up & jump on my chest while I was doing dumbell flyes- I ended up jumping (mid-exercise) because it startled me- and rolling off the ball sideways and falling, dumbells and all. My core didn't hold me up too well through that,I guess.... plus my legs are good for nothing today. ](*,)

Glad no one saw me lol.

Other than that it was a good workout.

In 2 days it will be my free day. YAY! I will weigh in on Sunday morning to see if there was any change in weight or bodyfat% after this one week of BFL. Even -1lb would be really nice!

For my cardio workout today I swam. It was pretty much my only option for exercise that I could get through.

That is how I felt when I did the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. My legs hurt so much, I had to hold on to the walls just to sit on the toilet.

Stairs, forget stairs I couldn't do them.

Today's Gym Workout

25 minutes on the ellipitical machine following the BFL HIIT method. (typical workout is 20 minutes but I added on 5 more minutes since I didn't get to do this wprkout on an empty stomach for maxiumum calorie burn)

Abs:

2 sets of 15 -standard crunches, extended crunches, obliques (each side) bicycle crunch, ab machine (40lbs.) and captain's chair

Stretching 10 minutes

Soaked in the hit tub at the gym for 20 minutes which really helped my legs. tomorrow is a free day/day of rest so hopefully my legs will be ok by Monday when I do my next lower body workout.

Day 8- BFL Week 2

Today's Gym Workout Lower Body

Warm up- I decided to do 25 minutes moderate intensity on the elliptical crosstrainer since I did not work out on an empty stomach this morning. I also wanted to warm up my legs very well because they were still a little sore from the last lower body workout.

Quads- leg extensions, dumbell squats- reps of 12, 10, 8, 6, 12

Hamstrings- laying leg curls, dead lifts- reps of 12, 0, 8, 6, 12, 12

Calves- calf raises off edge of step, calf raises turned out with dumbells- reps of 12, 10, 8, 6, 12, 12

Abs- traditonal crunch, oblique crunch, bicycle crunch reps of 12, 10, 8, 6, 12, 12 ,12

Stretching- 5 minutes

Day 9

Today's Gym Workout

Cardio Elliptical machine 25 minutes HIIT- I added 5 minutes to the BFL recommended 20 minutes since my workout was not on an emoty stomach. Once again it was impossible for me to get to the gym first thing in the morning, before breakfast time.

Ab boot camp

Stretching- 5 minutes

Swimming for leisure- 45 minutes

Day 10

BFL Upper Body workout (from home, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach)- chest, shoulders, back, biceps, triceps

reps of 12, 10, 8, 6, 12, & 12 with 2 exercises selected for each muscle group.

Stretching- 5 minutes

It was really hard for me to get out of bed this morning. :silly: I was so tempted to skip my workout and sleep for the extra hour , but ultimately I talked myself out of it, got off my butt and hit the weights.

Day 11- Cardio

I did a new workout DVD- Taebo- Billy's Favorite Moves

It was pretty good but lasted much longer than the BFL suggested 20 minutes. I was tripping over my feet during some parts because the pace is so fast. I HATE fancy choreography in a workout. grrrrr I was hoping it would be more martial arts and kickboxing like the other Taebo series.

The only thing that was disturbing about it was one of the people working out on the DVD..."Shelly" I think? She looked seriously anorexic (ribs and bones showing through her skin ) and it was very distracting.

I don't like this Taebo DVD as much as the original one that came out on VHS years ago. I wish that one was on DVD!!!!!!!

LOL- just looked it up....apparently "Shellie" is the daughter of Taebo instructor Billy Blanks link removed

Apparently others think she looks anorexic too

I beg to differ about Shellie. She looks like she is anorexic. Her abs look weird in that there is no real definition but rather a flat, ambiguous torso area. Her legs are like sticks, and she has no breasts to speak of. Hips are non-existent, and her face has a hard, haggard appearance. In a nutshell, she looks sick. Jillian always looks fit, toned, and healthy. Her biceps are strong and defined, as well as her abs. She has more of a full, sensual, feminine physique. Very robust. Hopefully Shellie's skeletal appearance is a result of genetics, because I would hate to do Tae Bo for an extended period of time just to end up looking like a corpse.
link removed

image removed

image removed

sad

Billy Blanks is very fit & healthy and I am surprised he doesn't regard his daughter's protruding ribs as a problem. I hope she gets help one day.

I can have my husband record them to a DVD from VHS but the picture quality won't be good on my TV.

This is what I used to have on VHS: link removed It was the first one that came out and included 4 separate tapes/workouts Instructional, Basic, Advanced, and 8 Minute

I did find this on Amazon but I'm not sure if it is the same and it only seems to include "Instructional and Basic" and the price is horrendous. link removed It makes no sense that this DVD would include only 2 of the 4 original workouts and cost over $60.

And then this one for almost $100 link removed -Crazy

I don't understand why it is so hard to find on DVD at a normal price either. I'll have to re-check E-bay and hope I can track it down.

I don't even know if the versions being sold are legit. I'm very confused at this point. lol They all have different covers and the prices make no sense.

I was doing some research since my last post and I read something on the net about those videos being collectors items now! Crazy

I found a listing on Amazon but they want 92.00 dollars

link removed

So I'm thinking since I am way too much of a cheapskate to shell out that kind of money, I might just try some of his other videos. I see that he has some new ones coming out this month and next month as well.

It was a great workout but NOT worth more than $30 in my opinion. Not for a DVD.

Collector's items- that's silly. lol I guess it is an issue of supply and demand. So many people liked the original workout- he tries to force us to buy the newer workouts he sold that never quite measured up to the first. Then he stops making copies of the first- then it becomes a collector's item.

Grrr I guess I will be trying to get the crappy picture quality off VHS on to a DVD myself.

Day 12 - Lower Body Workout

I did this from home first thing in the morning. When I am home I have to choose squats from the exercise lists for hamstrings and quads. It was difficult to get through but I "dug deep" .

I have a feeling I will be having another week of not being unable to walk again because I am already sore within an hour or working out.

Why do squats have to hurt so much? lol I guess it just proves they provide a much more effective workout than the machines. There is definitely more of a muscle burn. Most exercises that use your own body for resistance tend to be very effective.

Ouch.....we'll see what I feel like when I wake up tomorrow morning- that is always the peak of soreness. :silly:

Archived