THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

hello! well i want to do this challenge because i desperately need it..it has been 1 day since my bf and i broke up and he said that he could no longer do this long distance relationship. we had been in serious relationship for almost a year and i love him so much. i miss him a lot and i know that he loves me too. he wanted to stay friends but i said that i couldnt do that for my sanity..i cant hear him talk about other girls or being with anyone else..so we decided to end it...i told him to delete me from facebook..we had NC so far..but i did go and checked his profile (all i can see is his profile pic). im really sad because we use to talk everyday for at least an hour or so and i was planning on visiting him this summer. it just seems to get harder and harder by every minute...i cry and then i tell myself to be strong but im really falling apart..i need to get back my life and how i use to be..Happy

Day 4: Today I went to the Policeman's Ball and had a lot of fun dancing with family and friends. It felt great to get all dressed up! I still thought about him a lot though, I wish that he would have been there to dance with me. We both love dancing and he's one of the only people that can keep up with me. But it doesn't matter anymore I guess. I miss you

Hang in there...you will hear this over & over again, from everyone one here. As difficult as it is & we all know it is, NC is the best way, the only way & I really does get easier with time. Stay busy, lean on your friends, post here as much as you need to. Take care of you!!

After 49 days of NC.............................

........I caved in.

As I told you before, I gave up the hope of getting back together and I did not have the urge to contact him anymore.

But as I told you yesterday, I had my fair share of alcohol and.. I guess that made me weak.

I just had to get this off of my chest. To be honest I don't really have any regrets right now because I was walking with this feeling of regret for so long! I feel relieved that I finally had the nerve to tell my regrets to him even though it's in a big text message. I didn't tell him that I missed him or that I want to get back together. Just that I regret my harsh words.

I haven't checken on my phone yet if he replied. Neither have I checked my email inbox. I'm going to postpone that until I am ready for whatever he responds with. His responce would still have more impact on me than I predict right now. I just want him to know that I regret it, I don't want him to respond. That might sound strange but... I don't want him to ruin my progress with some bitter words.

simplyme, state parks can be great fun in the snow. Put your boots on and have fun! It's a great workout. THe fresh air and sunshine is an incredible mood lifter.

Thanks for the kind words, and moonchill too! I'm not doing anything extraordinary, just keeping my eyes on the prize: MYSELF

Well, it's been 5 months since my ex left and moved in with another guy (this after a 10 year relationship). Had to remain in contact during this period to sort out finances, property, etc which were all finalsied a couple of weeks ago. It's been 4 days now since she last contacted me (I didn't respond)..

Unlike a lot of people that have posted here, I have had no urge to contact my ex (95% contact has been initiated by her over the past few months). Not sure if this is because I've known from the beginning she is with someone else so I've subconsciously resigned myself to the fact that there is nothing I can do to change the situation?

Funny though, despite not wanting to contact her I still think about her and like today, often feel a bit down and sad. I'm now at a stage though that I kind of want her to contact me so I can ignore her text/email. Not sure if that is normal?!

Day 9.

I noticed that she took our pictures off facebook today. It hurt like hell. I am feeling very low. She cut me off completely and I did not even get a chance to speak about us with her...

looking at fb is breaking NC, if you blocked and deleted her on fb you would have no idea if your pictures were removed etc.

looking at fb is breaking NC, if you blocked and deleted her on fb you would have no idea if your pictures were removed etc.

Hi track,

I think I will rather deactivate my account.. I am not ready to de-friend her at the moment, I am still in denial. I have hidden her on my news feed and blocked on msn.

moonchill, this type of thing is normal. Pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and keep moving forward. Do your best not to focus on the ex. Push the thoughts out of your mind. Be kind to yourself. Find something to do. NC is for us to heal, and you've just had that reaffirmed. If we try to make contact we wind up hurting more; now you know not to do it again. Why make yourself suffer, right? You can do this, and you will be fine. Chin up!

Thanks for the peptalk Janeiac. I just had to do it though, can't keep walking around with this guilt and regret towards him.

Yes I'm disapointed that he does not care enough for me to respond to me spilling my heart out but as long as he read it and knows I don't hold such a grudge anymore it's ok. I had to do this for closure even though it hurts. Does that make any sense

Not to stimulate people to break NC btw.

Day One =(.......

Sooo Today was going to be day 7 of nc.. but I caved in... Yesterday I went out to party with my friend and he went out to party with a guy I know wants him, this guy has been mine and his friend for a long time just waiting for us to break up... Hes done this before which pisses me off!! But anyway, I went back home with my friend and the next morning I asked her if he posted anything on his face book cuz I wanted to know what they where up to... And he posted "Had a really good time last night, the best part was being with you" then he posted.... "Im going crazy thinking about you" and hes telling his friends how he likes this guy... I know who hes talking about, I fcking hate this guy! He has done this so many times before, ruined peoples relationships and it pisses me off! Soo I texted him if he wanted to have lunch and he never replyed.. But you know what... This is it! I know there is no more chance for me and him. Its time for me to move on, im done trying to get back with him. I know I fcked up and I would love to fix things again but whatever... Its over.

NC forever... If he wants to contact me go ahead, I deleted his number so I dont want anything to do with him.

Day 5: Today I packed up my belongings and headed back to college after the short week long break. Now that I'm back at school, I'll be back in my old routine, and I'm worried the urge to contact him will be getting stronger. I have to do my best though and focus on myself, NC is just getting started.

Pisces Girl, focus on school. If you are busy reading, concentrating on homework, he will be out of yur mind. Don't let yourself get distracted from your important work. Your schooling is the foundation of your future. You can do this. College is great, enjoy it and take care of yourself!

Day 5.

Day 7 for you.

I'm starting to feel good again.

I'm determined to hold NC. If not for myself, now it'll be just out of spite. Over and over I tell you that you don't care. Over and over you come back after I flip out and tell you to go away.

As soon as I allow you back into my life, the not caring mode comes right back.

Did you even think that the stupid picture you sent me last week could have bothered me? After all.. you turned me down, and then 3 weeks later want to send me a picture like that?

What the hell is wrong with you? Stick to what you say.

If you tell me "nobody else can have you" - then act like it.

If you tell me "I can't give you want you want right now" - then don't talk to me, or send me pictures.

better yet.... here's one better.

How about telling me things.... on your own? Without me having to wait months and months, get upset because it's always the same sh*t, flip out, and write another email?

How about you open your mouth?

OR.... here's one even better.

Don't ever come back.

Back to day 1. First time I post here but been following for a while.

Last time I saw him is 6 months ago, breakup for me is 5 months ago, he probably didnt realize I'm serious until maybe 2 or 3 months ago. I only contacted him once since the break up and replied a few times to his attempts. Never managed to stay off Myspace etc. to look at pictures allthough I deleted friendship. And today I look at it again, to check the last time he locked in.

He is only still on my msn. Two months ago he wanted to explain himself an I gave him the chance which only ended in a not kept promise to call me. I send him the long goodby email which he replied with a lame bs excuse why he couldnt call. Last month he IM me and mailed on facebook (with a new friends request), he wants me to come live with him and didnt want it to end, but still no call, no question how I or what I am doing. A few days later I replied if he thinks this is the right way to approach this, he just answered with IM, what do you mean?? Last week another IM with just I love u.

I still love him, but I expect more from someone who messed up, not sure if he trys to keep me warm or is serious about reconciliation. Its hard not answer, dont even know what I could answer. I dont want to hear anymore lame excuses. With a serious attempt I would answer, but as for right now I dont feel loved, I just wish he would try harder. When is my wishing going to stop

DAY 3

Today has been okay so far. Yesterday was my birthday, and he sent me a text wishing me a happy birthday to which I simply replied "Thank you." And aside from him telling me he was going to leave some bills in my mailbox, I haven't talked to him. This week is my spring break, so I'm going to try and spend it just relaxing. Might get out and make some trips to see people and catch up. I know I have a big(ish) trip planned for this weekend that I'm really excited about, and having that to look forward to has made things a bit easier. And while I still miss him a lot, I think I'm going to be okay this time. Hopefully.

Today is Day2 NC... It was my first day back to work since I got my wisdom teeth pulled and I LITERALLY trying to reach all my managers to tell them im not coming in, I didnt feel like it... My mom talked me out of it and I went which im kinda glad because I was somewhat distracted and I get money too =P

I feel like im going bipolar or something! Lol... My emotions keep swinging back and forth!! At times I hate him then at time I miss him so much! Like I cant keep my emotions in control! I just have to keep telling myself to wait! I keep telling myself:

I cant make him take me back, He has to make that decision, contacting him wont change anything but only make things worse...