THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Uuugggghhhhh. She called and my * * * * * * * went into autopilot and answered! She asked if I paid some bill and said she would mail my half of the security deposit. Just tying up loose ends. I don't know why she had to call. She could have texted. Why did I answer?!?

TS my friend.... still swimming accross the ocean ? Just dont drown ok ? You seem to be doing pretty good ! You take care of yourself young man...we live only once and its always better to leave problems to others. I will be here every so often.

A quote: " I generally avoid temptation unless i cant resist it "

Best wishes to everyone and betters days ahead.

Day 1

Starting today all over again,I'm so determined this time I need to do this more than anything and I will certaonly stick to it no matter how tempting it is to contact them I have deleted all ways of contactin emails fb phone numbers the lot determined now

Ok so I was planning on breaking NC on Sunday to tell her about my Moms surgery. But then she called me last night and I answered without thinking. Then she called again at like 1:40 am. I figured she was out so I didn't answer. She left a VM saying she had a weird dream and wanted to make sure I am OK. I texted her and said hey. What's up? She texted back and said Nothin. Thanks for responding. I called her this am and said I was returning her call. Gave her an update on my mom and asked her about her dream. We talked for about 15 minutes and then I let her go. She posted on her Twitter last night "It seems like I am forgetting. Then it starts all over again. #Thissucks". Usually her tweets are intended to be read by me as most of her friends aren't on there. After 2 weeks of very LC (she contacted me 4 times) I think she is starting to realize this is serious. I refuse to initiate any "us" convo. She broke it off so she has to be the one to begin to reconcile if that's what she wants.

NC day 3.

I got a miniature schnauzer so I have a lot of my mind other than her. The way I see it a new dog is better than my ex because 1) it will always show love 2) never be disrespectful (on purpose!) 3) God willing, be there 5 years from now through thick and thin no matter what!

I think about her less and less. I broke nc 4 days ago but honestly in two weeks we've had maybe 2 conversations. I have nothing that needs to be said at this point.

Day 23...

I hate days like this. these are the days where my boredom destroys me.

Im going out soon, but this whole day has been filled with thoughts of what we could be doing if we were together. And how her mom used to cook for me. And when I took her to that park for her bday and had a picnic. thinking of arguments and what i wouldve said differently.

I cant take this, i know we are all in the same boat. And i know i "can" take this but jeez... this sucks lol

No way will i contact her though. And i KNOW she wont contact me.

Wish we could have another go. but for now ill just pray and stay focused on my spiritual belief and look for strength since i dont have it.

Keep going ladies/gents "good things fall apart so better things can fall together" whether it be you and the ex later on after learning some things. or someone new. just dont stay focused on it. let it go

Day 24.

The day isnt over but ill be pretty busy later.

I went to a new church this morning (btw, i am not forcing my beliefs on anyone, i am just using this as a diary as it concerns NC). And there came a point where I could really feel the presence of god. I started crying and crying and crying.... Just as so many others were, One of the disciples came and hugged me and I felt great.

I felt this warmth radiate through my body that I cant explain. Truly a moving experience.

I wont break NC no way, no how, its pointless. But what happened today surely lifted my spirits.

Hi everyone

I have been on ENA for almost 7 months now and I too went through what all of you are going through now. In fact, I am still walking that road.

Though many of you don't see or feel it right now....you will heal and be better.

Give yourself ample time.

Happiness will return to you, not in the arms of another, but rather from the conscious effort to be happy that you all put yourselves up for.

Wishing you all the best as you brave through this sea of pain.

I stand, waiting for you at the shore...

TS

She texted me today. She said she wanted to have a closure conversation. I spoke with her for about 20 minutes. I told her that the ball was in her court. To really think about things but that I want to work things out. If she isn't interested in working on things that she shouldn't call me anymore. She said she was surprised by the conversation as I haven't attempted to contact her in 2 weeks. She thought I had moved on and expected me to say I'm over it. She said she needed time to think and would call me later.

Day ONE

I am finally ready to begin this challenge for real. A part of me wants to do NC to make him notice and maybe even miss me... but I know that ultimately this is for ME and I really do want to move on and just not give a crap about him or what he is doing anymore.

Anyway, hope everyone in this challenge is doing well and I'll keep updating on how I'm doing.

Day 25.

I was super busy today at University Orientation (incoming freshman)

so i had my mind occupied allllllll day.

However, I still thought about her and how i wished i was still a part of her life and vice versa. And I kept comparing her to other girls I saw walking around.

I know its horrible but it kept happening.

Im in a city known to have beautiful women and the university really didnt disappoint, sexy women everywhere! But something about my ex makes her stand out, e.g she is waiting until marriage and is really adament on that. and the way she dresses so conservatively yet nice (she's into fashion and very attractive).

I just kept sizing up every pretty girl i saw and thought... youre probably not a virgin, OR every guy can see your boobs the way you dress, you put yourself way too out there for other guys.

It's this one topic that always replays in my mind (virginity & clothing & attitude towards other guys)

If shes meant to come around i hope she does. but for now ill try to push away this rubric i seem to have now. still not even considering breaking NC though

Day 0. I talked with her a few times this weekend. After 2 weeks of NIC I told her Sunday that I wanted to work things out. She said she was not expecting the conversation as we had not really spoken in 2 weeks. She texted me last night but I didnt respond. She posted "silent treatment" on her twitter an hour ago.

So I sent her a long text. Basically it was saying that I want to work things out. If she does not want to work on things that I understand and that we shouldn't contact each other. If she wants to work things out that she can call or text me. I know this is not good as I am giving her back the power to decide what happens but atleast she knows what I want and that I am serious.

So starting NC over again.

Day 2 NC.

I was 4 days in and she texts me 'why can't I stop thinking about you?'

to which I replied 'cuz I'm awesome'. Maybe not the best response but the truth is all of us are awesome and we don't need validation from anyone to feel that way about ourselves.

SA, she's playing you bro, just like my ex. Her and I are on a month of mutual NC and I broke it once to tell her I got a dog, she * * * * * es that '3 days isn't 30' then texts me 4 days later saying she can't stop thinking of me. Hang in there and do NOT contact her.

Day 2 NC.

I was 4 days in and she texts me 'why can't I stop thinking about you?'

to which I replied 'cuz I'm awesome'. Maybe not the best response but the truth is all of us are awesome and we don't need validation from anyone to feel that way about ourselves.

SA, she's playing you bro, just like my ex. Her and I are on a month of mutual NC and I broke it once to tell her I got a dog, she * * * * * es that '3 days isn't 30' then texts me 4 days later saying she can't stop thinking of me. Hang in there and do NOT contact her.

hahahahaha

loved it.

I'm on Day 8. The first 5 are the hardest. It only gets easier from here.

I deleted him off facebook and bbm. Don't think he'll ever contact me again.

If I want to be "friends", I'm the one who'll have to break NC. As per usual.

Day 7 since I broke NC after a month. Since this is the second breakup in less than a year. It is easier. I have met a few women online. One of which I may meet this weekend. That, career decision, and working out are helping to keep my mind of ex. I still think of her. But I have accepted and realized that she wasn't right for me.

I do keep thinking that if I make this switch to a new job, she will come back and I can just laugh at it. If, a big if, I get this new job I will be financially stable, something I wasn't during the relationship.

It is like my friend tells me, why should I let her reap the rewards for my hard work especially when she bailed and criticized when I was down?

Hell, no. I don't care how much I love her. Its now or never, and she chose never. She thought our relationship was a sprint and not a marathon. Oh well, her loss. Not mine.

Funny, my mom sent us both an email during last year's breakup. And she mentioned, how no matter how bad things get, that I always land on my feet as I always have a plan. That plan may not always be what people want or expect, but it is my plan and I follow it and it ends up working in the long run. I see now Mom was right.

bwhite, I know man. It's getting real old really fast. Our conversation over the weekend didnt help either. She talked about how much she misses me and how she thought we were over for good but yet when I tell her I want to work on things she backs off. Maybe I should tell her that I don't want anything to do with her. Then she wouldn't leave me alone!