So for a little background, I've been in a relationship with this guy for about 2.5 years, with one major break this summer. He broke up with me. Anyway, I moved on a little bit, found someone, didn't work out, and ended it. He moved on also, getting into a relationship with someone else that seemed to work out fairly well. They obviously had strong feelings for one another. Anyway, he decided to end things with the other to get back with me, despite having very strong feelings for that other person. I was happy that we were getting back together, so I didn't think too much of it.

I found out 3 weeks ago that he has hooked up with this other person about 5 times in the last 3 months, and has indicated that it unfortunately has had more meaning than hooking up. Nonetheless, he wants to stay in the relationship with me. He tried explaining to me that he still loves this other person, and has very strong feelings, but still wants to be committed to me...thoughts? I was furious when he told me, but still held on to this.

Im not sure why you think staying with him could lead to anything but wasted time and heartache.

HE cheated on you, and is in love with/ has feelings for this other person STILL. But he still wants to be with you? I dont think so!!!

A person shouldnt really move on to a relationship with anyone if they are still emotionally tied to another person... especially if they cant be faithful to that person.

I'd be really insulted. He's basically saying he seriously digs the other girl, but "ehh..." what the hey, he'll just stay with you. If you're willing to accept the crumbs he throws at you, then go ahead and stay...but in the end, you can only blame yourself.

I would leave and not look back!

Dont settle for scraps like this...value yourself...he must be very immature...how could you want tp spend another day with someone like this...do not allow vanity to rule you..tell him hes the winner and to go get his prize(other girl) and walk away...trust me SHE will have massive trust issues with him also and they will not last..stand tall on this one..good luck

Archived