BREAKING ALL THE RULES

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is good Spatz - this is better than good. She has responded immediately. Did not wait around making you sweat it out. And has responded in an open way - forcing you to respond to her.

Now, I think that you should respond. And perhaps you should be bold here -but accept that she might not be able to come with you.

How about

Yeah - will definitely be at the game. It would be great if you could make it too.

Just my initial thought - what do you think?

G xx

...i am thinking she has maybe thrown it out to me to ask her or hint...she has asked if i am gonna watch it.

I was planning on going away for part of this weekend, but aiming to get back to watch the game. I think i might reply, and tell her taht i'm likely to be away for the early part of the weekend, but am gonna do my best to be back to watch the game at the pub (which happens to be about 30 seconds from her house - its the nearest pub to my place).

I'm not sure whether to say something like "feel free to come find me"

thoughts??

----------update-------------

i messaged her asking if her grandmother is ok, and also saying i am away for the first part of the weekend but gonna try and get back for the match, and taht i would watch it at the pub.

Almost instantly got a reply asking where i am going this weekend!!

This is good - at least she is asking me questions!!

I've replied just saying that i'm heading down to Brighton on Saturday - i didn't say why or who i am going to see, but said that its close enough to hopefully get back for the match!!

That was 20 minutes ago...no reply...i really should have put a question in there to get the reply back...nevermind.

No Spatz, I saw your update. I still think this is good. Of course you should reply to a direct question. You have done the right thing. As you have not asked a question - there is no need for her to reply.

DO NOT SIT AND ANALYSE THE LACK OF REPLY.

All in all, Spatz this has been a good days work for you.

Well done.

G xx

spatz,

....and you thought Niemi had a blinder? You've played twice as well mate

A couple of points to focus on:

She responded immediately
    She asked questions, when there wasn't really a need to

That is fantastic!

I would leave it now bro, but things are looking really good - you have every right to be happy BUT (and only trying to keep you grounded) don't let this affect your behaviour too much and don't try to rush things....just keep 'playing it cool' as you have been doing and let her make the next move.

I would say that you'll hear from hear on Sunday (possibly enquiring about the match) if not before.

I've got very little advice mate....(it's hard to advise a man that's smiling from ear to ear...which you *should* be!)

spatz, when majord is telling you your plans have been bearing fruit and you are doign well, don't expect less from me. You are, she is interested. Well played.

Now, let me give my caveats. KEEP IT UP. Most relationships get old, stale and cold because they get comfortable or routine, know this and know to avoid it. Also know that as she is coming back into contact, you have an excellent opprtunity to seduce into whatever you want to seduce her into and to whatever depths. A big if, if you know how to do it and play your cards right. She could ask to get right back into your arms, life and bed, but you should still keep working to draw her in deeper. She is not to where you can do too much, but contact is there and it gives you opportunity. Work it.

Thanks guys, it means a lot to me that you think its all positive. But i must be careful not to get too carried away - i still can not assume this means she is interested in more than friends.

I think my next step must be to carry on my game plan, and try to subtly (in the course of natural conversation) find out whether or not she is seeing anyone at uni. This will give me a clearer indication of how to play...however, i realise not to ask this directly.

Cheers guys

Spatz

Suble is the best course of action for you Spatz.

But if you are going to ask the question, please be prepared for the answer. The problem with us, in our fragile states, is that we read too much into things. I am terribly guilty of that. Terribly.

What I am wondering is this - and I am kinda surprised at my wonderings - do you really need to know, at the moment whether she is seeing someone else. Does that affect your game-plan. Whether she is seeing someone or need - at the moment she has some kind of need for you - we don't know what that need is - friendship or possible relationship.

If she raised the concept of another relatinoship, that is her choice and you woudl have to deal with it. But, why do you need to now, and can you deal with the emotion of finding out that she is.

Spatz, not meaning to rain on your parade, and you are much better at this stuff than me. At this stage in my relationship I blew the next hurdle. You are not going to do that.

Just a little word of caution.

G xx

My elevation to expert is in dierect correlation to how much time I waste poting here. It's strictly a number of posts that results in you being whatever you are listed as member, junior member, etc.

Spatz, don't ask. You may fish for the info, but you need not ask. She will either fall for what you feed her or not, in which case you withdraw, wait and feed her more. It should not really matter to your game.

I'm not planning on asking her...the only way i intend on finding out is if she asks me if i am seeing anyone. If she asks then it is somewhat natural to ask her also...and she will be expecting me to i suppose.

I hope to be able to let her do the leading if it does come to that kind of conversation - i think i plan to talk strictly about non-'us' stuff. If i can manage it.

The one thing that still worries me is how much pleasure i get out of reading the posts saying how well i have played it, and how she is interested, as of course, as everyone points out, it still is more than likely she is just interested in friends.

Sticking to the game plan.

Beec, i was just reading your post again from a few pages back, in particular, your 'caveats'. How spot on those warnings are - it rang true in my ears in that it reminded me of something else she said a few weeks before we split up - that she was worried things were getting too comfortable between us.

Something else for me to think about and add to my game plan.

Spatz, you are getting there. You should always be thinking about what your game plan is right now and where it might go, working on adn improving your game, taking your woman to places she has not gone before again and again. Nice and easy gradual steps. The further you take her, the less she will want to go back, especially if she is enjoying the trip.

I have no current problems with my woman, but I keep working on my game. This past weekend I took it a little further, and now I will withdraw a little. Get her into a confusing cycle of pleasure and withdrawal and she will chase you for more.

I get the feeling i am actually gonna find this quite hard. I do feel that i've done well so far, but i really have to get my head around the fact that she might not want anything, and i have to make sure i don't react to that in a bad way, which i am sure i will!!

I've never been that great at the whole seduction thing to be honest!! With her it all just kinda came automatically!? I can only hope that happens again!!

I'm kinda swinging between emotions again now - between high and low, excited and nervous, hopeful and hopeless!!

Geecee, any more news from you?? I feel like i've been hogging this board for a few days!!

Spatz,

It mihgt have come automatically before. Almost all of us engage in a decent amount of it naturally. We were built with it to ensure survival of the species. Before it just happened without you knowing or thinking, but now you consciousness about it has been raised and you can think about it and play the game.

I've decided what i must do is to make sure i don't build this up in my head too much - i've got to remain normal, and not make it out to be unlike any other situation. The more i am myself, the more i am like the person she first fell for. And less like the needy, depressed person she dumped!!

Wonder where Geecee is today....hellooooo Geecee, are you here??

Hey Guys

Had a busy day - delivering a conference to a bunch of teachers!! Exhilirating stuff!!!

Delighted that you are taking over my thread with such good news, Spatz!!

I have no news - Day 7 of no contact - what a joke!! But I have not caved, and am feeling pretty good about myself.

Shall check in later.

G xx