Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

I feel the same way, Annie. It doesn't even require a lot of depth to type a word correctly, so someone who doesn't even bother just strikes me as not very intelligent. Especially on a dating site or initial texting, where your typing is the early impression of you as a person.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry Annie, we women understand. It seems black and white to men (the texting I mean) that we would next a guy for that but it goes deeper for us. To me, it speaks volumes about a guy if he can't write a text that's easy to read. Bc to me it seems that he's possibly lazy and doesn't have a lot of drive to sell himself (whether to me, to a group of friends, or a job, whatever). Or that he puts emphasis on the unimportant whether than the important.

Idk, just my thoughts.

I am super excited about M and kind of been watching my cell phone all day hoping he'd text, he hasn't. bah. I hope he does soon in the next day or two- I think he will. He told me several times in the cab ride home he was shy. lol. i don't think so - he kissed me afterall! I offered to pay for a few things here and there and he said no, it's the first date and he wanted to treat me. He paid for everything, held the door open for me, really a gentleman. He told me in the cab he thought I was really beautiful and looked better in real life than in the photos. Aww, I really want to see him again.

I am super excited about M and kind of been watching my cell phone all day hoping he'd text, he hasn't. bah. I hope he does soon in the next day or two- I think he will. He told me several times in the cab ride home he was shy. lol. i don't think so - he kissed me afterall! I offered to pay for a few things here and there and he said no, it's the first date and he wanted to treat me. He paid for everything, held the door open for me, really a gentleman. He told me in the cab he thought I was really beautiful and looked better in real life than in the photos. Aww, I really want to see him again.

That sounds great!!!!

Awwww, so happy for you!

I ducked out of the date with A. I got to the museum about 10 minutes late. Traffic was terrible. I sent him a message I was there and he wrote back that he was stuck in traffic. The line at the museum was out of control because it was a reduced cost day, so everyone and their grandma was there. I told him I would stand in line to get tickets. He said I didn't need to because his company gives the free tix. I stood in line anyway because I wanted to become member and had nothing better to do. He finally showed up 30 minutes later. I was annoyed but yeah, traffic was horrible. I got my own ticket in that te and his VIP ticket was a far shorter line.

He was good looking but his breath smelled bad, I didnt like his cologne and his hands were wildly gesticulating when he talked. The date was like torture for me. Just no chemistry. After we finished most of the museum, I told him I had a headache and was going to take the bus home. He said ok and said he hoped to talk to me again. Ugh. No .

In other news, E from speed dating wrote me. Still havent heard from M, aaaaaa! Driving me crazy!!!

LOL No! T was nuts about me from day one. LOL not always a good thing! We met at my cousins and he asked me for my number so I gave it because I liked his personality, looks and also he is of Croatian background which was a bonus for me - meant he understood me in ways some other guys probably wouldn't. When we met I wasn't ready for anything heavy, made it very clear, he was seeing some girl, nothing serious, but he told her right after meeting me "I've found the one". We didn't get serious until months after.

Edit: although he is not shy, but it took him a long time to really open up emotionally.

I wouldn't be able to wait a long time for people to warm up. I think a middle ground is nice, I wouldn't want to be showered in the beginning with sweetness and love, but I also don't like coldness. That being said I am upfront and if I like a guy I have no issues texting him or calling, I sort of like to get the ball rolling and if I see no chemistry then I move on rather than waste too much time. I kind of like knowing the guy is into me and only me and I like to scope that out pretty early on.

I agree with you petite. That's kind of how I feel too. Lay the cards on the table instead of wondering, you know? I don't feel comfortable with multi-dating either. Now to wait.... I logged onto link removed. M was online now, well, as was I, I suppose. hmmmmm...........

Well, I pulled the plug. C sent me a text in his usual manner. i told him that i met someone and want to see where things go with him, but i wished him well on his search. he thanked me for my honesty and said that this guy was a lucky guy. Do I feel bad? kind of. at the same time, I don't think i could give him (or maybe any other guy) a fair shake when my head is buzzing about M. I'm not good at this multi-dating thing. I told that to C as well.

Well, I'll still write to E. I'll still go on link removed and stuff. I guess if someone really catches my interest, I'll go out with them. I have felt really stupid in the past when I've taken my profile down prematurely. I like M, but he hasn't asked me on a second date yet. If he doesn't ask me out in the next few days (I think he will though), I'll definitely text him on Thursday to wish him well with his surgery and see if he wants me to bring him some food on Friday. His place is halfway between my job and my home.

The texting was fine. He wrote to say hi, see how my weekend was and told me he had a good time with me on Friday. I told him I went to the museum (didn't say with whom,) just hung out. And I told him I had a great time with him on Friday!! He told me a little about his weekend, said he did lots of errands. You know, chit chat. After about 10 texts back and forth over the course of an hour, I told him I was off to the gym and that we'd talk later. Haven't heard back. I went to the gym and it was closed. ugh!!

Aww, thanks.

I hope it's not too .... whatever.... to offer to bring him some food after the surgery. he was complaining to me that there's no one to walk him home afterward (he lives a block or two away) and the staff said that besides that, because of the anesthetic, he should have someone take him home. I don't think I can do that because I have to go to work, but I would probably be able to drop off some lunch or food after work. He spent over $100 on our first date, and I dunno - that makes me feel kind of weird, even if he can afford it. I can't say I'm used to being wined and dined. I figured I can at least offer to drop by some chicken soup, right?

I'm like you--I could never date multiple people. If I had a good date with Guy #1 and had already made plans for a date with Guy #2, I felt bad about Guy #1 and therefore had no chemistry with Guy #2. Even if I didn't know where it was going, I could only date one at a time.

I'm like you--I could never date multiple people. If I had a good date with Guy #1 and had already made plans for a date with Guy #2, I felt bad about Guy #1 and therefore had no chemistry with Guy #2. Even if I didn't know where it was going, I could only date one at a time.

Some people can multiple date, but I don't know how they do it. i just get attached. That's a downfall with me because I get too attached, too quickly, and have to keep reigning myself in!!

yeah, I'll text him on thursday and see if he wants me to bring him anything.

Archived