Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

I honestly think it's luck annie. I have a couple friends who meet guys so easily online and they turn into relationships. Like the first guy they meet. Or within a couple months. Meanwhile, I've tried eHarmony, OKCupid, and Match and nada. I don't think there's anything under our control that we can do about it. It's just the luck that happens when you spark with someone. Just like dating outside of the online world. And I know it seems like you are getting the flakes...but if these guys are all saying they want to marry her early on, they don't really sound like winners either.

I know it gets frustrating, but I find it helps to remind myself of two things. One, just because there is a relationship doesn't mean its a happy one. Even if they are walking around hand in hand, it doesn't mean that they didn't just have a huge fight or one isn't cheating on the other or one doesn't love the other anymore. You never really know what's happening in a relationship unless you are in it. Two, I feel like it's better to hold out and wait for the right person than settle for who is around at the moment. A lot of people settle so they won't be alone and feel like they can't be alone. You're in a better position to have a happy and healthy relationship because you won't settle like that. So even if it takes another ten years to find the right guy, it's more likely to last the rest of your life than if you just met whoever now and stayed with him and ended up single again in ten years.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Dali. I know, I would really rather be single and wait for Mr. Right than settle for Mr. Whoever. If it's one thing that being on ENA has taught me, it's that there are a lot of unhappy couples out there. I sometimes feel like if I were thinner, I'd find Mr. Right. Then again, even when I was thinner, I didn't get better men. Yes, I got more attention, but Mr. Right didn't happen. I'm between a 10 and a 12 right now. Been going to the gym and working out a lot though.

But..... then I look at other couples - like one of my new friends in this city, she's....well, a big girl. and she's married to a very handsome ivy league dude. i wouldn't place them together, somehow, but hey - she has a wonderful, sparkling personality, is very friendly, and maybe he likes girls with meat on their bones! so there you go.

Well, I'm going to speed dating on wednesday. wish me luck!!! I'm thinking about wearing a black top with a funky print, blue jeans and black heels and white funky earrings. what do you think? black coat as well. black purse.

Eh, not really skirt weather here yet. I could wear like a wool skirt with stockings and boots.

I'm so lazy when it comes to my hair! It's naturally straight/wavy (and dyed auburn, lol). I might put some curlers in, and by the time I get there, it will be just wavy, maybe put one pin in my hair. I like to wear my hair down.

I'll go get a mani and pedi on wednesday though.

on a totally unrelated note, another friend is posting about his kidney stones. including photos. what is it with my facebook friends????

Hahaha! That just reminds me of my older thread about St-V on facebook. I think it's now clear that some people over share

I usually get the guys who want to marry me inappropriately early also. I can't stand clingy guys, but I guess my independent attitude sort of draws them in. It definitely has it's downfalls though, even though it seems flattering probably from your side. At first the guy is intriguing and appealing, but he really turns into a cow fly - which probably means I have manure all over me. They just question everything you do and don't let you breathe at all - and get mad when you don't want the Cinderella wedding! I had one who was jealous of when I did homework.. and kept calling me repetitively. It almost became some twisted kind of motivation to do my homework in high school.

I love the more independent and mysterious types with their own set of hobbies. Sounds like you at least attract that type of guy fundamentally.

not going shopping!!! I have waayyy too many clothes! i'm trying to get rid of stuff now, not bring in more. I'm going to work with what I have, lol.

I do have some black dresses, but they are either too club-like or too fancy for a speed dating event. I don't have any sweater dresses though. I do know what you're talking about.

That's cute, I like it hike. but yeah, i really have sooo many clothes. I'm telling myself that as I lose weight, I'll get rid of the bigger sizes (or get them tailored, if it's a nice piece). And buy new pieces too. Well, that's what I did when I lost weight a few years ago, but since gained it back, ugh.

haha, oh, i just said that i have auburn hair, didn't show photos. it's a bit past my shoulders. it's in a ponytail in the photos, thus you don't see it.

i think jeans are good because i usually wear jeans so i'm being my authentic self... it's what i wear probably 70% of the time.

Archived