Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

haha, yeah, i have lots of stuff going on. it was fun. interesting. 11 guys. 10 were nice and normalish to talk to. 1 was a very nuts german. i chatted with a small group of friends (2 guys and 1 girl) and I thought they seemed cool and they told me they do stuff together sometimes like game nights, etc... I told them I'm new to the area and would love to meet up. I guess they didn't feel the same way because neither guy picked me in the speed dating. blah. oh well. I wasn't interested really in either romantically. I guess they felt that way too.

I did get 2 other matches, haven't heard from either guy yet. I'll probably shoot of an email today or tomorrow to say hi.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see you're enjoying the dating scene and all the crazies that are in it...

Yeah I don't have the patience for night club scenes anymore, at least to go there with the purpose to hook up with someone. Outside of finding a hookup to score with, going to clubs with the intention of meeting someone is most likely not going to work out. The atmosphere isn't exactly tailored to finding a life-long partner

The approach that guy had in vegas is just a little too ham fisted! I'm imagining he was pretty much plastered too. Sounds like one of those experiences you'd rather not have!

Out of curiosity, how many women ended up at that speed dating thing?

Annie, how many messages do you exchange with guys before they ask to meet up? Or do you ever suggest it?

I just feel like ... after I read someone's profile and they send me a normal message or two, seem to have command of the English language and reasonable "email social skills", I can't really be bothered to keep up an exchange. I feel like I'll know very quickly when I meet someone in person whether or not there's any chance of things working out, why delay with endless emails.

Usually they ask me to meet up within 4 emails. I suggested it with M. I agree - makes more sense to meet sooner rather than later. It's ok for you to say, let's hang out sometime soon, how about this weekend for coffee/a walk/whatever. I agree that endless e-mails make not a lot of sense.

Gotcha, was just curious if it was a horribly lopsided sausage fest.

Interesting that you just said that! I just got an email a few hours ago saying they have an event tonight have several ladies canceled so now they have +8 men. they were offering a free event if we wanted to go last minute. However, I'm starting my new job tomorrow and I wanted to spend tonight getting ready for tomorrow. So, I passed.

Interesting that you just said that! I just got an email a few hours ago saying they have an event tonight have several ladies canceled so now they have +8 men. they were offering a free event if we wanted to go last minute. However, I'm starting my new job tomorrow and I wanted to spend tonight getting ready for tomorrow. So, I passed.

New job! Have you been crawling up the walls the last few weeks waiting?

sooo.... first days of work went well and the date with M went really well!! We met, went to some art galleries but didn't pay so much attention to the art, more to just talking with each other. We then took a taxi and went to dinner to a place he recommended. was really delicious. we talked and talked and talked. he is so nice and funny and handsome!!! he's exactly what i like - tall, light eyes, dark hair. (the part that freaks me out is how much he looks like busboy. they could be brothers. Actually, I think M is more attractive than busboy!)

So, at the end of the night (4 hours) i said i was going to go home because i have stuff to do in the morning. i was just going to get a taxi by myself, but he got in with me, had the taxi drop me off to my place and then had the taxi take him to his place. which was a bit - i guess sweet! - because the dinner place was in his neighborhood, so the taxi drove me to my neighborhood, and then he went back to his. i didn't invite him up, lol. not going to do that! he kissed me a lot in the cab, said he had a great time, that he enjoyed this date a lot, better than his other disaster date from link removed. lol. we kind of made some nebulous plans in the near future, i mentioned a show i wanted to see and he said he'd like to come along too. he mentioned he is getting some surgery next week and i kind of jokingly offered to see if he wants me to bring him any food after the surgery and he said ok. lol. i would absolutely drop by to bring him something.

so yeah - i think it went well. i told him like 9 times i want to see him again. he said he'd text me soon (he's a texter). and a good kisser!

in the meantime, I have a date lined up with another guy, A, on Sunday. A seems like a very interesting man. he's international, and works in the same field as me. Very attractive but in a different way. Then this guy C from speed dating has been texting me too but i don't know how interested i am anymore. bah.

yeah, it was really nice, i really hope i see M soon. Seeing A tomorrow for a date - he suggested the museum, then dinner and then a bar. He insinuated something about him picking me up, but I told him I'd meet him there. I'm definintely not comfortable getting into his car at this point, so I hope he understands if I want to take a cab from the museum to dinner. if he doesn't, then i'm not going.

C - you know what - his texting speak is getting on my nerves. like, eh, just lose interest. he asked me out for sunday but i said i already have plans. he told me to let him know when is a good time for me.

I hate texting because I am really bad at it. I would hate to be judged by it. I have to say it seems really judgmental and a little shallow to eliminate someone based on that alone. Lighten up a little an give someone a proper chance.

No wonder so many people have difficulty finding a partner. Wow!

Well, it's how I feel. It's a turnoff for me. I don't want a dumb guy. I don't think I have to justify it because it is just one of my feelings on dating. It's not even thinking with my head so much as thinking with my heart and being attracted to one man over another.

C and A are both black. I've never dated black men before so it is out of my comfort zone to be honest. I usually date white or Latino/Hispanic men. A is from Africa, is very well educated (2 graduate degrees) and is in a similar field as me, so I think we have a lot in common, but a lot of things that are not in common. He's very well spoken on the phone and through text so I think we'll have plenty to talk about tomorrow. C is in the process of doing a degree at a technical college, and so far, his texts have been like that and hasn't really said anything too interesting. He's attractive, but I don't feel like we have very much in common. We had a nice chat at speed dating, but he didn't strike me as particularly deep.

Archived