Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, the show went well, i danced, i was a bit nervous but just about everyone told me they loved my piece. afterwards, i saw bus boy and we talked for about 5-10 minutes in the lobby, he said he really liked my piece, and then he was talking about some other pieces he thought were interesting, etc.... (oh, he also sent me a text as soon as my piece was over saying good job!) i asked him if he wanted to join us at the lounge, he said, 'maybe.' which to me is a no. whatever. i gave him a hug goodbye and said see you around....

all in all a fun night!

well, the show went well, i danced, i was a bit nervous but just about everyone told me they loved my piece. afterwards, i saw bus boy and we talked for about 5-10 minutes in the lobby, he said he really liked my piece, and then he was talking about some other pieces he thought were interesting, etc.... (oh, he also sent me a text as soon as my piece was over saying good job!) i asked him if he wanted to join us at the lounge, he said, 'maybe.' which to me is a no. whatever. i gave him a hug goodbye and said see you around....

all in all a fun night!

Good for you Annie-I think its so cool that you have your dancing

You handled bus boy well, too.

not sure he could have handled hanging out with a cast of 30 dancers, lol!

Now that is an extreme risk worth taking!! lol. Ah, who am I kidding I couldn't even handle one dancer let alone 30.

Glad to hear your dance went well and you had a fun night!

lol. yeah, he's a sweet midwestern boy and this was his first bellydance show ever. i'm not sure he could have handled that crowd, lol! i wasn't going to push it. especially because i know he was going to go to church today for easter services. well, actually, i don't know that he did go to church, but i'm just assuming, because he does every week, and today is easter.

hi - it's a bit tough. i just got a nice email from him. it's friendly, just a friend type of email..... but nothing really flirtatious. i know he's busy, i know he has a lot of stuff to do, and i know he's moving, sigh..... it just kind of sucks.....

sigh. no one really interesting on match either to distract me.....

well, now i feel really sad. i see he can't give me what i need. he's leaving, he doesn't want to be in a relaitonship with me, my instinct is just to run away, but i know that's not right. part of me wants to never talk to him again. but .... i dunno. i need some time away.

annie why don't you call up some girlfriends and plan a really fun weekend? That will help distract you a bit. And give you something positive to look forward to.

Good idea Daligal. Planning a trip and going on an adventure is just what the doctor ordered.

I do it all the time-it's a wonderful form of escape. At my current rate, I'm in 1-2 different states/countries per month lol.

sigh. yeah, i have to plan some sort of getaway soon. i'm just under a lot of stress, between work/school and idiotic men. sigh. i have to stop looking at his FB. if some girl writes on it, i wonder who she is, but then i realize that i'm acting like a crazy person, and that it doesn't matter anyways, things aren't going to work between me and him, no matter what. i'm just very conflicted between the rational/irrational thoughts in my head.

i'm corresponding with 2 guys on link removed right now. A, who i had a date lined up with before but told him i couldn't meet him because i met bus-boy. A took it really well, and now that i know bus-boy and i aren't going to be an item, I emailed A back, and he sounded really excited. I suggested we meet up sometime for ice cream, and he thought it was a good idea. A lives about 30 minutes away from me. I don't have a car, but where there's a will, there's a way, right? E is another guy i am talking to, he lives in town and sounds nice.

I need to re-decorate my place, I'm getting sick of the paint on my walls, i want to paint my bedroom a burgundy color.

lol annie you are welcome anytime!! It's so much fun here when it's nice out. There's the farmers market, festivals, free concerts, a chocolate bar (!!!), wine bistro...all within walking distance Oh and don't forget the wings!! haha

by the way...all that is much more fun than it sounds lol

my hair is in curlers right now. i'm meeting A, a guy i met on match, for ice cream tonight. we talked on the phone today, he seemed really nice. i'm feeling kind of down/sad today about bus boy and all that. i can't help but feel hurt. but i know i have to move on, and i guess having ice cream with a new guy is a good start, right?

Maybe since you too plan to move in a year that it's time to put the serious relationship quest on hold and stay single until you're more settled into your career in a semi-permanent local. Take me for instance, I haven't had a relationship in five years due to the fact that I'm too busy with Law school and I'm not the type for booty-calls; therefore, I'm just floating by until I have more available time to dedicate to a future special lady.

FO, you may have a point. i was crying on the phone last night to my friend, and she said maybe the universe keeps sending me these guys who are moving is because i am moving myself.... yeah, i'm not in a settled point in my life myself. sigh. i just don't want to spend the next years of my life being celibate. sigh.

Archived