Open Club  ·  29 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

What book are you currently reading?

metrogirl

"Dead Reckoning", last in the Sookie Stackhouse series.

I love the Sookie Stackhouse series I'm nearly finished "Dead and gone" then I'll just have "Dead in the family" and "Dead reckoning" to read then I'm going to start reading The Vampire Diaries series by LJ Smith

"Dead Reckoning", last in the Sookie Stackhouse series.

Is anyone else getting confused between the books and the "True Blood" TV series? There are a couple of plot lines going that are better than the books....although I hated the second series!

Is anyone else getting confused between the books and the "True Blood" TV series? There are a couple of plot lines going that are better than the books....although I hated the second series!

I treat it like I do the differences between Blade Runner and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. Both are amazing stories as they stand alone, the film version is the creative vision of more than one person and when you have multiple thumbs in the pie, it won't ever be the same again.

I just finished You'll Never Nanny in This Town Again: The True Adventures of a Hollywood Nanny - Suzanne Hansen - This book was pretty funny it was a light read and something every Hollywood mommy should read and make sure to not treat their staff like they own them.

Currently reading:

Shaina Twain - From this moment on (I was flipping channells and she was on Oprah, I'm not a fan of Miss.O, but I used to like Shania's music. She read a few passages and it seemed good so I decided to make the purchase - talks about her background, parents dying, abuse in family, ex husband and his affair with her best friend, how she felt etc)

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake - Aimee Bender - I only got this book because of the cover and hoped the contents would be just as good. I'm not disappointed yet, it's a light read but I wouldn't give it 5 stars.

Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain - Portia de Rossi I came about this book by accident on amazon and decided to get it only because of who the author was and where she was from. To my delight it is such an honest, well written, captivating book about a woman (De Rossi herself) that has experienced ups and downs as many do with anorexia and bulimia.

I've just started reading "Angelique and the Ghosts" by Sergeanne Golan. My sister bought an old copy via the internet and now it's my turn!

When I first started reading this series, I was a teenager. The last one I read was called "Angelique and the Demon" This series was supposed to be historical fiction so when I found out the the next book was called "Angelique and the Ghosts" I baulked at reading it - I wasn't interested in her foray into the supernatural, I thought.

I have since found out that the title should have been translated from the French as -" Angeligue and the Ghosts from the Past"....ah, now that's more interesting.

My sister, though says that the ending leaves things up in the air and this is the last book that's been translated into English....Oh well, hopefully the others will be translated soon!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in the middle of reading the "Tales of the Otori" series by Lian Hearn.

Must admit I bought the first book because of it's exquisite cover; and who could resist a title like, "accross the Nightingale Floor"? Thankfully the writing didn't disappoint. The visual imagery it conjures up is astonishing.

It's set in a fictional feudal Japan with a touch of magic, romance, intrigue and war.

"Room" by Emma Donoghue.

I recently read this. I found myself skimming through the first part of the book, as it was so monotonous inside the Room and I quickly grew tired of the childrens' games. The second and third part were great though.