Open Club  ·  29 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

What book are you currently reading?

metrogirl

Re-Reading Emma - Jane Austen

Sorry, my brain has encountered a problem and needs to close. To report this error to Microsoft, click here.

... seriously, RE-reading Emma???? I'm amazed anyone would want to read that the first time, it was the only boring book I read during my education, plus we had this horrible "Norton Critical Edition" which was printed in 6-point font with 300 words per line so it was hard to even read it. I'm not taking any chances with Jane Austen again, even though I've heard her other books are more interesting. Wow! Kudos to you for being able to do this!

I just finished "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen... wonderful book, completely engrossing.. and I believe currently being filmed as a major film I heard over halfway into it... so that's exciting.

Wonderful book. Read it quite some time ago..so I am looking forward to seeing the movie because I don't remember it exactly..therefore won't be overly disapointed if things don't go exact!

I am reading Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sorry, my brain has encountered a problem and needs to close. To report this error to Microsoft, click here.

... seriously, RE-reading Emma???? I'm amazed anyone would want to read that the first time, it was the only boring book I read during my education, plus we had this horrible "Norton Critical Edition" which was printed in 6-point font with 300 words per line so it was hard to even read it. I'm not taking any chances with Jane Austen again, even though I've heard her other books are more interesting. Wow! Kudos to you for being able to do this!

I just saw this. I got this beautiful Jane Austen collection a while back, the books all have gold leaf (edging). The books are fiber hardcover, and have a matte paper dust jacket. Each has a dark red satin ribbon bookmark. There are a few 19th-century style illustrations in each volume. I felt I owed it to myself to re-read the novels in the collection, and I quite enjoyed Emma.

Currently reading: The Sari Shop Widow - Shobhan Bantwal

I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced - Nujood Ali with Delphine Minoui.

I just read Eat, Pray, Love. If you are going through a divorce/long-term relationship break up it's a good book to relate to. It's a lot more than that too though. It's a good read that explores a lot of important emotional/spiritual issues.