Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

What book are you currently reading?

metrogirl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ann Rule has a brand new book out.......In the Still of the Night. Oh god, I can't wait, I'm always like a kid in a candy store when her books come out.

The book was fantastic, gosh I love reading her stuff. Now I have to find something else to read because I finished the book and I have read all of her other books already so I guess it's on to something else.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm currently listening to Coming Up for Air by George Orwell and listening to The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas. Both are very good.

The Three Musketeers is an excellent adventure book, I plan on buying it and rereading it sometime soon since its been about 7! years.

I'm starting on John Adams (David McCullough) now, with a Wittgenstein intro book and an Abraham Lincoln biography both in the wings.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, but are you enjoying it?

I want to read A Christmas Carol before x-mas, but I'm still in the middle of World War Z. (The Z is for Zombies.) It's ok, not amazing, but I can't stop reading it. So...

I think the my favourite book this year was One Bullet Away by Nate Fick. It's about his time in the Marines (he was part of the Iraq Invasion) and it's actually incredibly readable. (I tried Junior Officers Reading Club on the back of it, and the authors style in it had me wanting something bad to happen to him. Which I don't think is something you really want from your audience.)