Open Club  ·  29 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

What book are you currently reading?

metrogirl

"Stuck" by Anneli Rufus &

"The Art of Seduction" Robert Greene

The book stuck is slow to start, mostly talking about history (i guess the writer is a history prof) but we'll see as time goes.

"art of seduction" is mostly based on literary seduction and historical seduction. Useful to a certain extent but not too much.

after this, i'll be reading "the lost art of listening"

trying to be proactive with identifying my current lifestyle and behaviors of how i lead to my current heartbreak and how i can change that for future relationships.

Anna, I just finished Water for Elephants, and loved it! A Discovery of Witches is also on my to-read list, I'm glad to hear that you liked it. I'm currently reading the Hunger Games and it's interesting so far.

I keep hearing about Hunger Games. Is it really good?

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn has to be one of the most boring books out there. Not because of the plot, but because of the language.

Are you kidding? I thought Twain was beyond successful with his use of dialect in that book. I found it to be an excellent book!

I'm currently reading The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. Love it.

Are you kidding? I thought Twain was beyond successful with his use of dialect in that book. I found it to be an excellent book!

Yeah I have to read it for my english study at school.

I just find it really boring, despite all the concepts conveyed in it.

I'd rather just go on the net and read a summary. Page 90 is as far as I'd go in that book thank you very much.

Yeah I have to read it for my english study at school.

I just find it really boring, despite all the concepts conveyed in it.

I'd rather just go on the net and read a summary. Page 90 is as far as I'd go in that book thank you very much.

link removed

Maybe if you listened to it, you'd find it easier to digest. That's how I did it, and usually dialect is easier to understand verbally than when reading it from a page.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

An absolutely fantastic and widely-acclaimed book. I'm re-reading it a year after it came out and it's just as good.

It's so descriptive, it makes you feel like you're actually in the Vietnam War. It's a work of fiction but was written by a vet. I cannot recommend it enough.

image removed

I just finished reading Lonely Werewolf Girl by Martin Millar. I really liked his writing style, although it was a little hard to keep up with the ever-changing perspectives and characters since my lifestyle requires a really start-and-stop method of reading at the moment. I'm currently reading Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris while I'm waiting for The Autobiography of Mark Twain vol. 1 to ship here.