At which point does being a virgin become "too weird"?

hmm1

Any decent person will tell you it doesn't matter. Really. What is so bad about being a virgin? I dont care if you are a virgin at 15, 20, or 90. It's your life. Losing one's virginity is not a must and certainly doesn't make you better or "not weird".

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's great! Any girl should appreciate that... and besides, she wouldn't have to worry about being better than your last girlfriends..

That's right, it can be a positive thing. I have no problem with sex but it IS comforting to know that your partner didn't have 300 partners.

• 1 month later...

As I will be 25 shortly, and of course still a virgin, I have often wondered the exact same thing the OP posted. I've always been fascinated by the apparant fact that 23 or even 25 year old virgins are seemingly 'accepted' but 30 year old virgins are starting to border on the creepy. And getting worse every single year following that age...

As I will be 25 shortly, and of course still a virgin, I have often wondered the exact same thing the OP posted. I've always been fascinated by the apparant fact that 23 or even 25 year old virgins are seemingly 'accepted' but 30 year old virgins are starting to border on the creepy. And getting worse every single year following that age...

I don't find that to be true. I agree who ever said 50 would be creepy.. I'd be a tad worried. My friend was 33 and she finally lost her virginity a couple months ago. So yeah there are some virgins past 30 yet, not weird to me.

It shouldn't be weird at all to be a virgin at any age, especially if your partner is going to be your first. I have accepted that, being a 35 year old virgin.

What would make it weird is the story behind it, but it would have to be a doozie.

You can get laid anytime, really. But do you want to, with someone you don't want to do it with. I don't. Sure I would like sex but I want that special woman.

I'm well into my forties, and just lost my virginity this weekend. I'm going to post the story tonight. Anyway, the woman knew and was very understanding and accepting, so regardless of what society at large thinks about older virgins, there are people out there who'll understand; it's just a question of finding them.

I'm in my twenties, 5'4" and have 0 self-confidence and very very serious self esteem issues, so it's safe to say I'm going to be a virgin for a looooong time .

Evidently the older I get the harder it will be to get "into" it, and lately I've been thinking about it a lot. I'd like to know what women generally think is still an acceptable age to be a virgin (for a man), ie. at which age does it become just "too weird" to the point where you would break up with a guy if you found out he was a virgin?

why would being a virgin be werid?

I think a man being a virgin these days is very rare and totally awesome and I LIKE that a lot because he ain't out therre d icking around all the time. I much rather go out with a virgin then a man who's be with 285756765 women!!!!!! EWW!!!

I donno theirs not to many female virgins out their these days. I see tons of male virgins out their but not many females who are still virgins.

I donno theirs not to many female virgins out their these days. I see tons of male virgins out their but not many females who are still virgins.

Well, you have to consider that a girl could get "laid" a lot easier than a guy could. Rhetorically speaking, if any girl walks up to any guy and says to him, "Hey, lets have no-strings-attached meaningless sex", most, if not all, guys would do it. But if it were the other way around, the guy would probably get slapped. A pretty rough example, but you get the idea, right?

I firmly believe that any girl could get sex from some one, but there's a lot more competition for us guys, because girls tend to have the final say on whether or not we get to sleep with them. So, us guys just have to work at making ourselves more appealing. Even so, though, I'm sure eventually we'll all meet a girl that'll like us; I sometimes have the same "I'll never meet some one" attitude you do, but I've become aware that there has been a girl or two in the past that did kinda like me. It's too bad I didn't see it back then, because I wonder if maybe I'd be a lot happier now if I had.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I'll answer anyway.

It's no so much about him being a virgin as it is about his reasons for it. There are quite a few reasons which be weird or unattractive to me. If he truly was waiting for the right person and his reasons were not religious, nor influenced by culture or family AND he was under 30, I would be okay with that. Most other reasons I can think of wouldn't gel with my values.

Of course, that's just my opinion and not that of every female.

At no point does it become too weird. People mature at different times and life is so complex, that you can't judge someone based on their virginity. An extremely cool, intelligent, nice person can be a virgin. Are you going to pass this person up because of that?

Yea...but if their kinda akward and shy, it's probably something alot of people are gonna pass up on.

Also....most would assume that person is doing it for moral reason.

Them just not being able to get laid isn't gonna cross their mind.

No girl has a "Virgin fetish" I can almost promise that. They say do not mind but they really do, they really want a guy who know is experienced.

Then your promise has been broken. There are women who love breaking in virgins and are actually turned off by non-virgins.

It's a pressure thing. Ours is such a sex-based culture that we feel bad from just a magazine ad mentioned "when you're with a woman..." or something like that.

If you can will yourself to not get bothered by the societal pressure to get laid, then you should be fine. But that's like wandering in the Chicago loop and not noticing the traffic.

No way. People are complex and a non-awkward, non-shy person can be a virgin for a number of reasons--bad timing, lack of opportunities, late maturation, selectivity.

Of course that's true.

It can be for a bunch of reason.

But for the most part, it's gonna be because they simply don't have any luck because they aren't being given the time of day by females.

Then your promise has been broken. There are women who love breaking in virgins and are actually turned off by non-virgins.

And they are probably moralistic.

If the guy has been wanting to get laid since puberty, but hasn't. They might not be so facinated.

If the guy has been wanting to get laid since puberty, but hasn't. They might not be so facinated.

Not exclusively. Believe it or not, there are women who love inviting over virgins for one night and breaking them in and post ads looking for them. I'm not saying they're common, but I've seen ads.

I would believe you but I disagree. Women want a guy who already knows what he is doing. They don't want to deal with the ejaculation issues or the lack of being pleased or having to take the lead for awhile until he catches up.

Then there are those who would do it for bragging rights or a quick laugh, strongly doubt that its something serious.

It's a pressure thing. Ours is such a sex-based culture that we feel bad from just a magazine ad mentioned "when you're with a woman..." or something like that.

It is a pressure thing. It is something that our current societity has pushed apon us to go out and have sex with as many people as we can. If you don't there is something wrong with you. Its better to be a manwhore who has slept with everything in sight than to remain untouched.

If you can will yourself to not get bothered by the societal pressure to get laid, then you should be fine. But that's like wandering in the Chicago loop and not noticing the traffic.

Unless you live in a box.

Morals have nothing to do with it.

Women will choose the guy with more partners than the one without because "He's more confident" he will know what he is doing.

Archived