he's lying to me...again guys

barbielovesmac

Why do you think she would be on this team? Does she run track? If she is a runner and he out of the blue wants to join running then yea, that is probably exactly what is going on.

But if not, then you have to ask yourself if living this paranoid really all that fun?

im pretty sure that she is on the team. i know that she was last year. and i do know that his best friend is on the team.

living paranoid is not fun at all, no. i hate it. and this whole time i've been trusting him and then BAM! this happens. now im stuck at a stand still, again. but im really not so shooken up this time and that's because all of you were able to knock some sense into me. and if it weren't for ya'll i would've lost it.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who lie frequently embellish the lie to try to make it more believable... they know they have to 'sell' the lie, and don't have to sell the truth. So the bit about 'slacks' is trying to sell the lie.

The thing that bothers me is this is an elaborate and ongoing lie... He's covering up a lot of activities here, and i wonder if he will do this whenever he wants to do something he thinks you won't approve of, or when he's trying to hide something serious like cheating with someone else.

I'd go to the track meet to see if this woman is there, and how he behaves around her.

Then when he gets home, you need to make it clear that you have zero tolerance for lies, especially big lies like this. Then you have to decide whether he gets another chance or not, and if you do take him back, you probably need to make it clear that the next lie like this, you're gone.

I'd go to the track meet to see if this woman is there, and how he behaves around her.

that's a good idea and i may do that. the meet is out of town, but only 30 miles away. so i think i'll do that. just to see. so like you said, maybe i shouldn't say anything tonight. and just wait to see tomorrow what's really going on.

i don't want to see her there. i want to believe that she isn't on the team. but the reality is that she probably is. uggh. i don't know. it is sort of a comfort that his best friend is on the team because he also has a 'serious girlfriend' and they have two kids.

that's a good idea and i may do that. the meet is out of town, but only 30 miles away. so i think i'll do that. just to see. so like you said, maybe i shouldn't say anything tonight. and just wait to see tomorrow what's really going on.

i don't want to see her there. i want to believe that she isn't on the team. but the reality is that she probably is. uggh. i don't know. it is sort of a comfort that his best friend is on the team because he also has a 'serious girlfriend' and they have two kids.

Take sunshades and some binoculars with you. And be sure he doesn't see you Barbie. Pull up your hair under a hat.

Just don't take a knife, baseball bat or gun with you.

Seriously, you should go and see what he's up to. That will make this more real to you.

You could go and see that he isn't even there.

im going to ASK him what he is up to. then when he has a meet in town, i'll see what exactly he is up to and if she is on the team.

barbie, not to drown your sorry or anything. i never lie so...if this was me and you, you would have been single on page 1 of all this.

i hate to gang up and agree.. but.. i agree here.

.. and also that when someone tells you "they are a good liar" you probably shouldnt date them..

When he gets home. Play dumb with him and let him tell you alllllll about his fun day playing golf.......... then take it from there...........

LOL! that's perfect ... I didn't even think about that. He'll tell me all about it too. He does everynight. So right when he's done I'll ask him what's going on.

Im getting off early today, but he won't be home for a couple more hours. He'll be at 'golf practice.' So maybe I'll show up at 'golf practice.' surprise!

he hid this from me so well. it's amazing, it really is. and it's funny because he always says that he's a good liar. and i question him when he says this and he says that he can lie good to his parents...but not me right?! ugggh. sicko.

SOunds like he has been very honest about being a liar. I am not sure why this is surprising. I know you are hurt, as you should be, but surprised...I'm not sure why if he has told you he is a good liar.

Wait, what? Isn't that an oxymoron? If someone says "I am lying", are they lying or telling the truth? Because if they are telling the truth, that means they are a liar, and liars don't tell the truth, and if the are lying, they CANT be a liar, because that would be the truth! My head hurts.

******huh?****** you made me dizzy.

Archived