Glasses

watupgangsta

I view glasses (no pun intended) as a functional item as opposed to a fashion accessory. I wear glasses and if a guy turned up his nose at a woman with glasses I would not be impressed with him. Once you get used to seeing someone with glasses on, it sometimes looks strange when you see them without glasses. If you have to get glasses, don't worry about it...a decent woman wouldn't care whether or not you had glasses.

no i have been switching between glasses and contacts for several years now... i'm just wondering from a pure attraction/interest perspective... when you see a guy with glasses, what do you think? like i said previously, does it depend on the guy? and if so what type of guy usually looks good with glasses?

Glasses are funny in that ALOT of women seem to really like them on a guy, yet I feel more self-conscious wearing them and don't really feel sexy.

I guess the answer is that alot of women like them, but if they make you feel more self conscious then you'll probably get more women without them.

Glasses can be cute if done right - match frames with hair style. If you have short or spiky hair, thin frames - longer messy hair looks great with bulky, squared off glasses. I tend to view them as functional too, but sometimes when someone has really great glasses that just go with their face and look I notice and go "oooh, that looks great!"

Technically, I'm supposed to wear glasses, but I really hate the way I look in them... No matter what, I just look really... dorky. I considered getting contacts, but it really weirds me out thinking about putting them in and taking them out *shudders*. Maybe I'm just too squeamish... Eh, either way, I stopped wearing them after a while. It's not too bad, and I rarely have any kind of complications for not wearing them.

And even though this wasn't part of the original question, let me turn this around a bit; this one girl (that I haven't seen in years, but have found her Facebook profile recently) wears glasses and I think she looks very attractive. And, looking at her other pictures on her profile, she looks amazing without glasses, too. I guess some people can just pull off the look. Me, not so much.

I wear glasses for reading and computer work, not so much so to watch TV as my vision isn't that bad, and my bf wears them also. I think he looks great! Every guy I've ever dated has had glasses and I don't give it a second thought. Funny when I met these guys, I wasn't wearing the glasses, but when they finally saw me in them they thought I looked very nice. So everybody wins.

I like to think of them, especially for myself, as a jewelry item, so I choose frames that are in a shape and color that compliments most of my wardrobe.

Archived