Anybody find their love on this board?

Fritz The Cat

Yes there have been many cases of people connecting in person due to this forum. But success rate???? I couldn't give you an accurate percentage.

EDIT - I forgot to state, MOST of the romantic interests that i'm aware of NEVER came to fruititon, but many friendships HAVE lasted

I would avoid starting a relationship from this forum, because remember people are here to get help, not to hook up.

Maybe one partner may be very vulnerable and not ready for a relationship, but just want that feeling of being wanted, so it can lead to disaster.

The relationships that I have seen start here, sizzled rather rapidly. Think of it like dating your therapist, they know all, see all, and maybe you just want the support.

I have talked to a few people from here on the phone and made so great friendships, but no romances.

Hugs, Rose

I know a couple success stories, even ones that ended in marriage & babies.....

But, I know far, far, far more stories that turned out pretty badly (and some were more than just a breakup).....which left issues of whom gets to post here about it all

Personally, if I were single, I would be quite hesitant to get involved with anyone from here. Too much drama, risk and too weird for me (and this is coming from someone whom met their long term partner online).

I have always thought about how people would establish any kind of relationship on here as like someone mentioned . We are all looking for answers of some sort which kinda makes us vulnerable. Also, when it all goes knees up its not like you can go and post back on her, or I guess you can

I have always thought about how people would establish any kind of relationship on here as like someone mentioned . We are all looking for answers of some sort which kinda makes us vulnerable. Also, when it all goes knees up its not like you can go and post back on her, or I guess you can

Exactly

I feel like it's my home and even though this sounds selfish of me, I wouldn't want to share this home with an SO, because then they could read my thoughts and misconstrue them as they please.

I just couldn't imagine you would feel as open to express yourself after dating someone on here.

Hugs, Rose

I feel like it's my home and even though this sounds selfish of me, I wouldn't want to share this home with an SO, because then they could read my thoughts and misconstrue them as they please.

Forgive me, Rose, but you seem to be unintentionally making the case here for never being candid with an SO at all.

Forgive me, Rose, but you seem to be unintentionally making the case here for never being candid with an SO at all.

Well, as much as I would like to think that we should share everything with an SO, some things would be offensive or hurt their feelings, so here's the place for me to vent, and also to just be able to post without being judged. Hopefully that sort of makes sense.

In a place like this it is inevitable that people get close to each other. I'd go with RayKay,

But, I know far, far, far more stories that turned out pretty badly (and some were more than just a breakup).....which left issues of whom gets to post here about it all

But there a couple of examples of successful get togethers here.

Exactly

I just couldn't imagine you would feel as open to express yourself after dating someone on here.

Hugs, Rose

I agree. A place like this that a person comes to for anonmyous advice should be private if the poster wants it to be.

Everyone, even if a part of a relationship, is entitled to somethings that are just their own.

As for the hookups, I was amazed at how many people here who have told me they dated someone from this place. But my lips are sealed and i'll never tell who. lol

I had to change my identity, accually, left for a while too, because my ex started coming on here (didn't meet here) and I felt I could no longer really openly vent and talk. I knew he was reading and judging my every post. I also didn't care to see him openly flirt with other members. In my opinion, I would prefer to keep this as my own get away from "dating".

I'd be surprised if someone could read all my posts here and still fall in love with me.

This is a thought I've had, myself.

Isn't just kind of sad though that in a place where we would express the most vulnerable aspects of our soul, if someone did fall in love with us and we with them through a developed correspondence, it has bad statistics written all over it.

The way I share here is the way I dream to share with my SO. What would seem natural is still a bad idea, I suppose.

Muggy comes back after being away for ages and he's already womanising LOL just kidding =P

I agree that people come here in a vulnerable frame of mind the majority of the time and It sort of comes down to a rebound, I mean it can be a good distraction for a while but iit may not last in the long run..

Maybe if you get to know eachother for a long time and get past the issues you came with, it could work

Archived