So I dunno, but I think I might be goin to jail

musicguy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one's going to send you to the big house for a couple of years. The girl has probably seen more skin from the JCPenney catalogue.

Unless there's more to it that you're not telling us?

If you didn't ever mention meeting up with her, and if you didn't send her any nude pics, you should be alright. The officer will just talk to you and tell you not to contact her ever again.

As for why you're soliciting girls online and "dating" them after a week, that's another matter entirely.

ending everything including life and yeah I know I have to "be a man" about this, but I'm scared as crap right now and I'm fearing that I'll be headed to the big house for several years

Unless they can find evidence that this has been done on an ongoing basis and it is not more than a one time mistake you are not going to go "to the big house for several years". It sounds like she may also be of the age of consent, misled you to believe she was at least and that while you did send pictures, they were not lewd/naked ones (you were wearing boxers, right?), and you were not exactly pressuring her for more.

You need a lawyer, but there is no need to be so dire unless you really have done something that warrants more charges than you are telling us here.

Take this as a lesson learned, don't send those kinds of things/talk like that to people you meet online until you are SURE of their age and whom they are. I would not send stuff like that honestly until you have met/developed a relationship.

It's not surprising that you're thinking the worst right now, but let's face it, you're not in a good state of mind, and now is the WORST time to make rash decisions and the BEST time to listen to the advice of those that care about you.

Let's face it, you made a big mistake. That being said, there are much bigger mistakes out there and genuinely bad people that do genuinely bad things. I don't know you, but considering that you're capable of self reflection and remorse, it would make sense that you're probably a good person who showed poor judgement.

The age of consent in link removed in general is 16, though no school faculty member can have any sexual activity with any student more than 4 years their junior except when married to the person {§14‑27.7}. Any sexual intercourse with a 13-15 year old is prohibited unless the defendant is less than 6 years older than the victim except when married to the person

Iowa law:

At age 16 in Iowa you can have sex with whomever you like.

But you didnt talk to her about sex did you?

Or did you?

Do you have archives on , on your messenger? If so and if there was never any sexual chat insinutated then screen capture/screenshot all conversations with this girl and print them off. That may prove that you were NOT doing anything wrong per say.

If you do not know how to screenshot I can tell you.. I'll be back in about 30 minutes..

nope, not at all. I didn't talk to her about having sex at all with her and we were texting messaging by phone and I never mentioned anything about having sex with her.

In my text message I stated "Are you sure you want me to do this"

she said" Yeah"

I was like "I'm shy about showin my body"

She's like "aww! it's not bad"

I told her I'd just send "teaser" pix and I did.

then that's when her stepdad intervened and hours later about 11pm iowa time I got a call from some guy wanting me to call him back regarding the pix I sent her to her e-mail

Computer-Facilitated Luring or Solicitation of a Child 1

IOWA

Iowa Code § 710.10 (2006)

1. A person commits a class "C" felony when, without authority and with the intent to commit sexual abuse or sexual exploitation upon a minor under the age of thirteen, the person entices away the minor under the age of thirteen, or entices away a person reasonably believed to be under the age of thirteen.

2. A person commits a class "D" felony when, without authority and with the intent to commit an illegal act upon a minor under the age of sixteen, the person entices away a minor under the age of sixteen, or entices away a person reasonably believed to be under the age of sixteen.

3. A person commits an aggravated misdemeanor when, without authority and with the intent to commit an illegal act upon a minor under the age of sixteen, the person attempts to entice away a minor under the age of sixteen, or attempts to entice away a person reasonably believed to be under the age of sixteen.

When Elivis Pressley met his wife, she was 14. For thousands of years, "men" courted teenagers and no one blinked. In many countries, dating a 16 year old isn't frowned upon.

None of this negates the fact that by our societies standards, you made a big mistake, but there is no need for you to be villified. There isn't a man in this forum who hasn't "checked out" a 17 year old. Would you do something about it? No. Would you tell anyone about it? Probably not. But if you're a man under 30 on this forum and you haven't had "impure thoughts" about someone inappropriate then you're either a lier or a cyborg.

Your "followthru" consisted of sending a "sexy pic" to a stranger in another state. Stupid? Yes. If you "go away for a long time" over something like this though then it's just a testament to the mass hysteria thinking that is all too prevelent these days. This is an act of poor judgement, and not a criminal act IMHO. I hope it turns out that way.

Well, the age of consent FOR SEX is 16. There is no age of consent for soliciting to a minor, which is what happened to the very definition of the word. Her age does not matter in this case. Anyone under 18 falls into the "minor" category for your state. Even though she gave you informed consent to solicit pics, you are still violating a law. Here's my advice (I take no responsibility for what you do or don't do.) Block this girl right now. Delete her from your list. Save ALL of her emails and texts, especially the one where she told you to send those pictures. Do not answer your phone if you do not know the number. Do not talk to ANYONE about anything! You may be lucky, as this sounds like an immature hoax. As a law enforcement officer, I can honestly tell you that no agency I have ever heard of contacts someone suspected of a crime over the phone! If they want you, they will find you. IF YOU ARE CONFRONTED, DO NOT TELL THEM ANYTHING. If you are arrested, remain silent!!!! Anything you tell them will incriminate you. ESPECIALLY with a minor involved. If you can afford an attorney, get one who specializes in this, it's well worth it. He is the only one you need to talk to. In my opinion, this all sounds like a bunch of crap. Law enforcement officers do not call you over the phone. Be wary though. If you become convicted of an aggravated assault, you are looking at at least one year in prison. You won't go to jail. Anything over 364 days is a state prison.

Well, the age of consent FOR SEX is 16. There is no age of consent for soliciting to a minor, which is what happened to the very definition of the word. Her age does not matter in this case. Anyone under 18 falls into the "minor" category for your state.

This is EXACTLY what I thought but did not mention it as I was not 100% sure and he was copying other state laws. I did not think that when you solicit online the age of consent rules applied.

Bataya33 I guess you were right all along about meeting people online that are 18 or around that age

Why have you continued to do it, though? Musicguy, you have a pattern of getting involved or pursuing young girls. I think as a 28 year old, it's time for you to address this pattern, perhaps through counseling.

I don't wish to offend you, but I see this behavior as continuing to lead you - and an underage girl - down a not-so-good path.

Don't speak to any police at all without an attorney. I don't care what they do, threaten, or promise. If they ask to speak to you tell them no. If they ask to come in, refuse. Now if they have a warrant then you have to do what they tell you, otherwise keep your mouth shut. Let your attorney do absolutely all the talking. If you can't afford one, you'll get one appointed by the court but DON'T talk to the police.

And I hope finally this teaches you a lesson I've been trying to teach you for a long time. Stick to girls your own age.

man, your dealing with something serious, my best advise would be to just get a lawyer for further matters, it seems like you might be having a court date. Remember if you do end in that situation tell the truth, you never know man, it could have been an undercover. As for your boxers well uh-im pretty usre that just made the step dad want to press charges. Best of luck to you, and hopefully you know you might just get a slap on the wirst, but you know now, dont be dumb

Archived