LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 136 of 157 FirstFirst ... 133134135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1564

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

You know those posts on here about toxic relationships? The ones where someone describes something or someone toxic, ends it, hits up the gym and therapist for three months, only to dive back into the toxic thing, utterly mystified that it remains as toxic as ever?

Well, thatís kind of how I feel with covid, speaking as an American living in America.

What I don't get is why people are surprised. Who thought the pandemic was over? Who thought encouraging people to crowd at retail locations, restaurants, bars, amusement places etc. was a great idea during a freaking PANDEMIC??

Now, I do have a ton of sympathy for business owners and their employees. I truly believe funds could have and should have been diverted to help people pay their rent or mortgages (and one measly deposit of $1200 isn't enough) and to provide food allowances for those who had been employed but were no longer due to shutdowns. But dead people cannot buy beer at a bar, cannot dine in at a restaurant, cannot go bowling, cannot go party at a club or go tubing at the river. And they cannot serve those who choose to patronize those businesses.

I don't have an answer. But I do know that no one can boost the economy from their deathbed or from the grave.

The mayor just basically told us it's up to us to make sure we don't contract the virus. No words about adjusting regulations except closing bars and closing the beach for 3 days. Yeah, that's going to do it! The virus will vanish because people didn't go to the beach for 3 whole days!

I saw a couple of posts on Facebook that basically said "no one I know has coronavirus, so for me it's just not real." Awesome.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Fudgie
    Where in your country is the spike for you?
    Alberta had a spike in cases, 78. And my province had an increase from 178 cases to 258. I canít speak for Alberta but we are having three pockets of outbreak in our province. One in Windsor, one in Kingston and Brampton. Last week Kingston exploded with 25 cases. And the Windsor area exploded because of migrant workers that came into the area and caught Covid from one government Immigration agent that didnít know they were sick.

Good analogy. Yeah, the west and south US states are getting slammed with covid cases. Unfortunately in the 20 to 40 age groups. CA, despite early intervention is one of the states affected and sadly have to roll back.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    We are down by 100 cases today thankfully. So my province is at 157 new cases today. Our countryís coronavirus team is no longer holding daily reports as the country has the pandemic under control. They will report though if thereís new developments. I believe the Prime Minister and the premieres are going to slow down on daily reports as well as they have been doing them daily for over 100 days. And our commercials have switched over from stay home to as we start back up. However the countryís Covid team has said to expect the second wave around September/ October.

Our province still has a state of emergency order until at least mid July. We will see if they extend it.

Can't say I'm surprised. Or that I blame them.

[Register to see the link]

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Can't say I'm surprised. Or that I blame them.

[Register to see the link]
    I am sure our border will close indefinitely as well.

The EU won't admit US travelers. Here is the list of states on the travel advisory to states with decreasing cases.:
    Alabama
    Arkansas
    Arizona
    California
    Florida
    Georgia
    Iowa
    Idaho
    Louisiana
    Mississippi
    North Carolina
    Nevada
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Good analogy. Yeah, the west and south US states are getting slammed with covid cases. Unfortunately in the 20 to 40 age groups. CA, despite early intervention is one of the states affected and sadly have to roll back.
    Can't say I'm surprised. Ease up the on bars and restaurants and it's like the floodgates were opened. Young people going out to parties, packing themselves, no masks, etc. Terrible.

I get that people are bored at home, but is going out worth dying? Or worth bringing the virus home to a loved one? How awful would those people feel if they have to send Grandma or Mom or Dad or their kid sister or brother to the hospital to die?

I also don't get the vitriol with which people are expressing how very much they hate being home with their own children and spouse. If you despise spending time with them that much why did you marry that person and then procreate? And I don't mean the people who simply say they have cabin fever. I mean those that are practically screaming "get me away from my kids and my spouse! I can't take it anymore!"

That one guy the news interviewed summed it up..."No one I know has it so it's not real to me".

Videos

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men

Why Young People Don't Rush To Marry? They Fear Divorce
Give Advice
Ask For Advice