Confused about breakup

fah4now

A few days ago my girlfriend broke up with me. She did it in person. A few hours after she left she texts me saying, "Wish you were hear." I responded with that's up to you. I was going to say I wish I was there too, but I stopped myself.

Since then I've gotten the silent treatment. At this point I only text her when she texts me.

I am really confused with her behavior. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :D

A few days ago my girlfriend broke up with me. She did it in person. A few hours after she left she texts me saying, "Wish you were hear." I responded with that's up to you. I was going to say I wish I was there too, but I stopped myself.

Since then I've gotten the silent treatment. At this point I only text her when she texts me.

I am really confused with her behavior. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :D

What was her reason for breaking up with you?

First she told me that she wants to realign herself with God. She is rather religious. Then proceeded to tell she is going to try again with her ex.

I know, I know. Move on and don't talk to her again. It's just difficult sometimes. I keep getting mixed signals from her.

First she told me that she wants to realign herself with God. She is rather religious. Then proceeded to tell she is going to try again with her ex.

I know, I know. Move on and don't talk to her again. It's just difficult sometimes. I keep getting mixed signals from her.

Then block her and if it's too soon to do that and you don't have the resolve, read what she texts without any expectation attached to it and don't respond. Best to block and delete though so she can't lease anymore rent free real estate in your brain.

Re-read your second paragraph as many times as it takes to sink in.

You're wasting your time and looking super available. She told you she doesn't want a relationship with you and wants to try with her ex. If it were me, I'd consider the choosing of someone else be a clear message that I need to properly remove myself from their life. Respect yourself, please for your emotional well-being block her on everything.

You're wasting your time and looking super available. She told you she doesn't want a relationship with you and wants to try with her ex. If it were me, I'd consider the choosing of someone else be a clear message that I need to properly remove myself from their life. Respect yourself, please for your emotional well-being block her on everything.

When you are done re-reading what you wrote, start reading this over and over!

Remember this when she sniffs around for an ego boost from you. She's more into him than you now, but she will toss you a couple breadcrumbs to make sure you don't go anywhere in case it doesn't work out with her ex.

This is not going to have a happy ending for you, OP.

Thank you everyone.

Currently I am on her cell phone plan. I paid my share. I offer to give the phone back as long as I can keep my number. My ex said can we wait a month and a half so that the phone will be paid off? As MissCanuck said breadcrumbs. LOL

I'm contemplating going back to a prepaid plan with a new number. Then just give her the phone and say see you never.

Many many plans, prepaid or contract, allow you to keep your number and phone as well have unlimited talk, text and data. Do your homework and start researching it.

Get off her plan. She can access everything on your phone as well as change passcodes and cut you off at any time. Be smart and get your own plan.

I am on her cell phone plan. I offer to give the phone back as long as I can keep my number. My ex said can we wait a month and a half so that the phone will be paid off.
Many many plans, prepaid or contract, allow you to keep your number and phone as well have unlimited talk, text and data. Do your homework and start researching it.

Get off her plan. She can access everything on your phone as well as change passcodes and cut you off at any time. Be smart and get your own plan.

I was on a prepaid plan through AT&T prior to meeting her. I'm going back to that once this is all settled. She has Verizon. I'll need her account number and pin to make the transfer.

I was on a prepaid plan through AT&T prior to meeting her. I'm going back to that once this is all settled. She has Verizon. I'll need her account number and pin to make the transfer.
No you don't need access to her account. Once your phone is paid up she cancels the line. ATT will get the number for you.
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I didn't listen. It's been around a month since we broke up. We haven't spoken since.

Today she texts me out of the blue. It turned into a 3 hour conversation. Similar to how we texted when we were together. I'm really confused why if she is back with her ex.

I know I should have blocked her and not texted her back. :tongue::friendly_wink:

Random chitchat sounds more like friendzoning. When you engage, whether she is back with her ex or not, you are placing yourself in the male-girlfriend category.

First she told me that she wants to realign herself with God. Then proceeded to tell she is going to try again with her ex.

She is keeping you as an "option". Let's say it doesn't work out with her ex she will run back to you.

Do you really want her back after she felt her ex was a better option than you in the first place?

She was willing to lose you to try things with her ex! Then gave you waffle about reconnecting with God. Somehow I don't think she is reconnecting with God by seeing her ex. Do you?

It's easier said than done to drop contact. I have been there. I know how hard that battle can be.

That said it is about you understanding your worth and whether or not you want to get plan B.

Besides is this the sort of girl you want to be with? Someone who is seeing someone else and tries to keep a romantic tie to another person?

I agree with Jellybean9. I'm glad you mentioned its easier said than done.

She messaged me with a job opening where she works. Not really sure why she sent it to me. Prior we discussed how I wouldn't work with her.

Although I would get a free education out of it and great pay.

I'm sure she was just being friendly.

Its not that confusing. You are decoding everything for that one flicker of hope that she says I want us back.

She broke up with you, she is going back to her X. This means for you, its over. Don't be the option if this doesn't work out. She texts you so she doesn't feel guilty for what she did or is doing because the excuse of "finding (insert lie here)" is BS.

Stop talking to her and the confusion goes away. I know its hard, I know its easier said than done. But look.. she knows you want her and she knows that you will take her back if she came back to your door crying saying Im sorry I messed up. So don't boost her ego or help her. Now is the time to help yourself. Stop talking to her, don't respond, don't call, don't answer. If she wants her X, that means she doesn't get to be in your life.

Archived