Need advice! pleasee do you think I should block my ex in facebook? I mean unfriend/ block entirely.

It has been 2 month since my ex boyfriend broke up with me. He said he wasn't happy and wanted to see someone else. He was first boyfriend. He was my best friend but now it is like we are strangers. I tried my best that I could to reconcile with him. I even gave him my last very long pages love letter, text, video, and even hug a few days after the breakup but I guess in the end it didn't change his desicion. He even has a girlfriend now after 2 weeks we broke up. And today I guess I was told that he even posted officially in social media. So to sum up this breakup for me has been rollercoaster of emotions. But to be honest after so much news I heard from friends and co-workers about him after the break up, I officially learned that I need to stop hoping for him coming back. I actually can say to myself that emotionally and mentally I must move on. I need to stop loving him completley. I haven't contacted him at all since then I just unfollowed him in facebook but honestly do you think I should block him and unfriend in social media? People say its a sign of weakness that I should show him in social media that I am doing just fine but I don't know what to think anymore. Need advice! please

People say its a sign of weakness that I should show him in social media that I am doing just fine but I don't know what to think anymore. Need advice! please

Block him! Who cares what he thinks or anyone else for that matter.

Personally, removing people who don't serve you well is a sign of strength to me.

In my opinion, if you are connected to me by social media, you are an invited guest who has access to my personal life. I wouldn't think twice about removing him.

He no longer has this privilege.

Block . . .delete. .

People who keep an ex who broke up with them on social media do it mostly because they want them back, and want to post things to get the other jealous and keep them thinking of them. This can backfire, because they have constant access to your life, and can't miss you when they see you on media.

You aren't in communication, nor friends, so there's no need to keep him.

It isn't weak. It's just showing that he walked out of your life, so you are moving on in yours without him.

The important question is this: Is having him on social media more painful for you right now? Since you are still mourning the relationship, it might help with your recovery to remove him completely. That way you won't be tempted to check up on his new relationship, which will only cause you immense anguish and self-doubt

Blocking him is an important step for your recovery because it's your opportunity to fully acknowledge that the relationship is over and you're moving on. I think it would make you feel stronger, not weaker

People say its a sign of weakness that I should show him in social media that I am doing just fine but I don't know what to think anymore. Need advice! please

I think it a sign of strength in one's self that you can delete an ex and move on. It doesn't matter what he thinks at this point. It is time to focus on yourself and forget about him.

I can see both sides of the coin.

You're so unbothered by an ex you don't even care if they're on your friends list. That's the route your ex is taking if he hasn't unfriended you, right?

Then there's the Im so bothered by you I have to block you. That's your route.

I know people will disagree, but it's petty to me. It's unnessesary to block someone who isn't contacting you in the first place. If he was breadcrumbing you or trying to hook up with you, then yeah, block, but if he's moved on and is living his life, it just comes off as attention seeking to me.

Unfriending, untagging and asking your friends to quit updating you is sufficient enough to heal in my eyes.

When I go through a breakup, I find it helpful to deactivate all my social media accounts, not just block my ex, for about a month. It's a social media detox. It not only prevents you from getting in your own head about what you know about your ex or what your ex knows about you, but it also helps you start being mindful and focus on you instead of others. Learning to be alone and adjust to the identity of not being a couple takes time.

Whether you block someone or not is for yourself. It does not matter how your ex or your friends view that move. It's for you. I wouldn't care too much if my ex saw me as weak for doing that because she's my ex. It might be true because breakups are tough. But some interpretations would say you were strong to make a bold move to cut off an ex. Bottom line, it doesn't matter.

I block people all the time for different reasons. Some people are exes. I've blocked my exes' exes just so I don't stumble across their old posts because it would annoy me or make me feel insecure or jealous. I've blocked people because they post offensive posts. I am still alive and not bothered by it.

I do have one ex still on Facebook that I never blocked. But I was able to move on just fine without too much drama. So it's not a blanket rule and each situation is different. It just depends on what you need to do now. There's no wrong answer and don't worry about what others think. I'd suggest the social media detox and get off all social media temporarily for about a month.

Personally I would block and unfriend an ex on social media. I did just that with my ex and she was pissed about it. But she was also messaging and calling and texting. I decided to do it for my own well being and peace. I also did so I’m unable to contact her should I have a moment of weakness. I also view post breakup time as self preservation and healing so I will do whatever I have to to make it easier on myself. If others don’t like how I go about it then that’s their problem.

At the end of the day it’s your decision. My opinion is to just block, unfriend, and be done with it.

Archived