Always tired

SeaBisquit

Hi, I don't know what to think or do..he tells me he is tired all the time. We haven't had sex in 3 months..He got really sick a month ago with sepsis and every since then he says he always tired

His legs and were all swelling from fluids put in iv for a week on the hospital even man parts were swelling..I wondered if it made him so he can't perform sex anymore..I'm not sure because I'm not a guy..I'm afraid to ask him if he can't have sex because I don't want to hurt his ego. Not sure if what happened to him at the hospital is causing loss of sex drive or if he's not interested in me anymore.

We were suppose to move in together and he put it off but says he still cares about me. It's difficult because there is no affection between us at all..wondering if he's interested if he's not intetested in me anymore.

He's had a serious illness recently and sex is the last thing on his mind.

That being said, you can't put your life on hold for him. If you're feeling conflicted about the side effects from an illness, then it may mean that you're looking for a way out. Being with someone means "for better or worse", so you're going to have to really ask yourself what you're prepared to support him in, and whether you signed up for this situation or not.

Sepsis is a very serious infection and incredibly deadly, not to mention mentally and physically draining during recovery. It takes a long time and complications could pop up if he's careless with himself. I would focus more on helping with his recovery and be understanding of his frail condition, rather than the lack of sex. How long have you two been together?

He is 46 . He did alost die and I was in the hospital with him the whole time. I never left his side..I just wondered if he list interest in me..We both have been through alot last couple of months..His mom is also really sick and I been helping as much as I can. I'm always be there for him as long as he wants me to

I feel like you were just on here writing about an ex a few months ago. Why are you discussing moving in with this guy already? Whose idea was that? Sounds like he did you both a favor backing out.

As for the lack of sex drive, I can attest that when my lung collapsed, it took awhile for my sex drive to recover afterward. Even now, it's not really where it used to be. And that didn't even directly affect my genitals in any way. I'm not miserable or depressed, but I'm sure there's a good chance there's something subconscious about otherwise being young and healthy and then something like that happening.

But the lack of sex drive combined with the lack of overall affection is what stands out to me. If you two were talking moving in this a few months in, things may simply be crashing as quickly as they built up. If it was you pushing the idea, it could have spooked him. If you were more of a source of pressure or stress than a relief from either during his health issue, that could be a reason he has retreated as well.

ETA: Just saw your post saying it's an on and off ex. Even so, you don't just pick up where you left off. There's typically a reason people break up, and if you are going to reconcile, typically the best way is to more or less start from scratch but without whatever incompatible dynamic. Does this happen to be one of the many exes of yours who have either cheated on you or abused you?

Look into taking Vitamin D3. American population is by far and large deficient. Fatigue, lack of libido, illnesses are all a result of this deficiency. There maybe other elements too, but if you ensure that D-25 in blood serum is at the high end of a normal range, he'll feel much better.

Archived