Why are parents allowed to do this?

WhoCares01

I'm a teen. I'm homeschooled so I never eat school food. I'm also vegetarian. This is what I eat everyday.

Breakfast- 1 piece of bread

Lunch- Vegetables

Dinner- Vegetables and protein

I don't think I ever eat over 900 calories in a day. I drink about 10 cups of water a day. My parents just call me overweight because I'm taller than them. I'm 5'7 and weigh 126 pounds but I DON'T have high body fat. My

body fat is 8%. I never eat snacks, I get yelled at and told "You don't need to eat anything." When I do... I already work out but not hard because I don't have much energy from not eating enough. I lift 20 pound weights 3 times a week and skateboard twice a week. But my parents get mad when I eat and tell me my weight(126lbs) is too high(I have no flabby skin) they have just been bringing up my weight ever since they saw it on the paper from the last time I had a checkup at the doctors. Is this unhealthy?

What other adults are you close to? Any aunts, older cousins, grandparents? You need to speak to them about your problem. It's a problem when you don't feel enough energy because of lack of eating. There are many teen hotlines available and I suggest you call one. Here is one I found: If you’d like to talk please call 1-877-968-8491 or text teen2teen to 839863.

YouthLine is a 24/7 service. Teens are available to answer calls, text messages, and chats Seven days a week from 4-10 pm. Feel free to contact us with anything that may be bothering you. No problem is too big or too small for the YouthLine!

CALL: 1-877-968-8491

TEXT: teen2teen to 839863

you are slim for a boy.

regardless of weight, parents are not to resort to weight bullying or undernourishing a child. 900 cal is not nearly enough for a teen!

you need to talk to an actual responsible and sane adult.

what is it with these homeschooling parents in the states??! these posts keep getting more and more disturbing.

you have to eat. if conversations with your parents always end in weight criticism and the claim that you needn't eat at all, talk to a school counselor, the family doctor, school nurse, teen help line, cps or social services.

How old are you? Are you male or female? This isn't a good situations either way, but if you're a 5'7" 126 pound male, that's borderline dangerous. Especially considering you don't seem to be taking in any fat with this diet, you could end up with some significant hormonal issues on top of overall lack of nutrition.

If you have sensible family members you could contact, I'd do so. And it looks like Andrina has provided you a useful hotline to contact.

Did the doctor have anything to say about you being underweight?

ETA: Just for a bit of conjectural reference, I'm 5'7" and 8% body fat myself, but weigh about 30 pounds more than you do, and it's not even that I'm particularly buff.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived