how can I completely trust him

ashley4190

Well my fiancee and I recently moved into my step mothers house. Everything was good until one day I came home from work and I had a weird feeling. I don't know why but I had a feeling that they had sex. My dad works out of town and it's just my step mother and the kids. My fiancee has never given me a reason to not trust him. I've been cheated on a lot in the past by my ex bf. I questioned both my step mother and fiancee about it and they said no. My step mother laughed when I asked her and said " eww. That is gross Ashley" my fiancee was calm and said he would never betray me like that. I let it go. Then I brought it up a month later and my fiancee and I got into a huge argument. He started crying really hard and said he would never hurt me like that and that he loves me so much. I've talked with my other family members and they said I should not worry because they do not think anything happened. I just don't know what to think. When I first told my step mom she also said " I wondered if you would think something like that" she knows that I have been cheated on before. Also she is 33 and my fiancee is 21. I just want to trust him andget past this. I'm tired of thinking they did something. Can you have a gut feeling and be wrong ?

It seems this is more about your issues with your stepmother and having been cheated on in the past. You have no proof or evidence or even reason to suspect this, yet you are confronting both your stepmother and fiance? Do not rely on your gut. Rely on facts and reason.

I had a feeling that they had sex. My fiancee has never given me a reason to not trust him. Can you have a gut feeling and be wrong ?

Therapy. Like.. yesterday.

Confronting him and your step mother over it based on nothing but a hunch is bad enough on its own. The fact you're airing this dirty laundry out onto the rest of your family is absolutely terrible. You've already brought this up multiple times, and now your family gets to look at your boyfriend and picture him having sex with your step mother. Honestly, if the fact you blatantly distrusted me weren't enough, knowing that you'd conducted a family-wide survey of whether they think I cheated on you with your step mother would have me Usain Bolting my ass straight out the door.

Your fiance must be very patient if he is still with you. If I were him, I'd be terribly embarrassed to live there or be around your family, let alone marry into it, after you conducted a family interrogation on allegations of cheating based on a "weird feeling". Everyone gets anxiety about these things but you seem to be overcome by yours. I agree with everyone else, you need therapy. The only way you can trust anyone completely is if you let go of your past. Otherwise it's unfair to your fiance for you to remain with him, because the future with you seems grim for him. I see him being accused of cheating a lot, especially if you have the audacity to accuse him of cheating with your step-mother. This is just weird all around.

I'd respectfully suggest counseling might be a good way to deal with your issues. No trust equals no relationship.

You put it in a much nicer way than I was about to. I was going to say: "Girl you acting cray cray. Get thee to therapy!"

OP - If you don't believe him, don't be with him. Continuing to badger him, as well as everyone else, about it just reflects poorly on you. It makes you look nutty and insecure. I am also wondering how old you are if your fiancee is 21.

Archived