Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

Can I annoy myself? I'm annoyed with myself. For the third time in the last month or so I got up in the middle of the night because I was stressed about a potential "mistake" I made on something at work and actually got out my work laptop to check - this time it only took 15 minutes or so (no mistake it turns out) - but in no case would it have been earth shattering. The other two times the "mistake" if I made one did not need to be rectified right away at all.

This time, yes, had I made the mistake I would have had to tell my supervisor and I know it would have been no biggie. But it all seems big in the middle of the night. Why am I particularly annoyed? Because pre-covid I would not have gotten up to check - I would have been able to talk myself down from the tree and check at a normal time. But now because of increased stress of covid I know it's no use to try to go back to sleep without checking. It's annoying in that way too.

Another one here annoyed with myself.

Think I might have got a speeding ticket. Noticed a mobile speed camera and when I glanced at my speedo I was doing 35 in a 30..... :upset:

Oh I'm so sorry! Hopefully your speedometer wasn't all that accurate - and really that just doesn't sound like the hugest deal? I'm not a driver but I have a license and have driven and honestly I didn't speed but I know as a result I annoyed drivers for my going the speed limit or below. Good luck!

Oh I'm so sorry! Hopefully your speedometer wasn't all that accurate - and really that just doesn't sound like the hugest deal? I'm not a driver but I have a license and have driven and honestly I didn't speed but I know as a result I annoyed drivers for my going the speed limit or below. Good luck!

Thanks Batya33.

I'd just gone around a roundabout into a 30 which becomes a 40. Not making excuses, as I know I was in the wrong. The road is really wide, so you don't feel you are going that fast. There was another car in front, and when I clocked the van, I put the brakes on. It was one of the smaller UK vans where the camera is on a tripod with the officer behind.

Oh well, I'll find out within two weeks. I've never been done for speeding before in my 10 years of driving (passed when I was 25) so if I have been done, I suspect it will be a driver awareness course. At least that way it wont effect my insurance, and I wont get points.

Ha, I once got a ticket for going 30 in a 25 mph zone. Ridiculous.

What's annoying me? That I caught either a cold or some kind of upper respiratory illness after only working at my new job for 3 days. Now I'm sick for moving day.

Sorry to hear that boltnrun. I had a cold last weekend, no temperature thankfully.

DAlesboy. It's all too easy to accelerate in those 30 mph zones. Friend of my cousin's (lady in her sixties) got done for pushing 60 kmh in a 30 kmh built-up area. Four penalty points! Ouch.

Ouch indeed!

I normally stick the cruise control on through 30s, as I was about to move into a 40....I didn't think sadly.

Thank you. I have checked my temp several times (not yet today as I got up and immediately drank a cup of hot tea). No fever. Blood oxygen good. No cough, no sneezing, no chills, no difficulty breathing. I'm fairly certain I caught this from the man in the next cubicle who is sick but came into work anyway because, he said, he is tired of being at home. So he chose to come in sick and had his mask off the whole time while he hacked and coughed and sneezed. He sits about 3 to 4 feet from me. Very inconsiderate. And no time to rest because today is moving day! Finally!

Thank you. I have checked my temp several times (not yet today as I got up and immediately drank a cup of hot tea). No fever. Blood oxygen good. No cough, no sneezing, no chills, no difficulty breathing. I'm fairly certain I caught this from the man in the next cubicle who is sick but came into work anyway because, he said, he is tired of being at home. So he chose to come in sick and had his mask off the whole time while he hacked and coughed and sneezed. He sits about 3 to 4 feet from me. Very inconsiderate. And no time to rest because today is moving day! Finally!

So frustrating though isn't it, in the current climate.

I was scratching my head where I caught mine as I've been socially distanced from all my pupils. Turns out I caught it from my neighbours who are my social bubble, wish they had warned me though, I'd have stayed away.

Bolt , just try and ease up with the temp taking ...I know this is coming for a place of utter fear and panic . Our body temp changes all the time and all it will take is one little change and your head is going to be in bits . You know yourself well enough I believe to know in reality if your temp has gone up . You have got the summer /winter coming sniffles by the sound of it , or even hayfever . In the uk right now we have the kids going back to school sniffles ( well that's what I call it ) myself and daughter have both got sinus/hayfever coughs and sniffles .

You are feeding your anxiety , you know I suffer with anxiety too , so this is coming from a good place ok .

Bolt , just try and ease up with the temp taking ...I know this is coming for a place of utter fear and panic . Our body temp changes all the time and all it will take is one little change and your head is going to be in bits . You know yourself well enough I believe to know in reality if your temp has gone up . You have got the summer /winter coming sniffles by the sound of it , or even hayfever . In the uk right now we have the kids going back to school sniffles ( well that's what I call it ) myself and daughter have both got sinus/hayfever coughs and sniffles .

You are feeding your anxiety , you know I suffer with anxiety too , so this is coming from a good place ok .

I do know, thank you.

My main concern is not infecting my family.

It's just scary all around. Life is. At least for me. But I will go on.

I hope it goes smoothly! If anything keep feeding them ... cakes and coffee. Give them lots of good food. They won't have time to talk.

They want to see us for belated birthday for my son and belated Thanksgiving. 🙄🙄🙄. Whenever my husband is away they descend on me like I have no idea how to look after myself. When we first moved here and he was away they came every second weekend for like three months till I told him to get them off my back. Now she’s too old to do much of anything thankfully.

I bought a new alarm clock and it makes the most unearthly sound. I woke frantic and thought fire engines and end of days was coming yesterday. I'm a bit hesitant to set it tonight but nevermind. I suppose it'll take some getting used to. Thankfully, today is more peaceful.

That is annoying! I could send my son over there to be your alarm clock then you'd love your alarm sound lol.

I do know, thank you.

My main concern is not infecting my family.

It's just scary all around. Life is. At least for me. But I will go on.

Yes I get that bit as well ..I had a hospital appointment last Friday and Ems was supposed to come with me ..at the last moment I told her she couldn't come , I was to scared to put her at risk , it didn't feel fair to drag her into that environment just to calm my nerves .

It is scary , I am on your side about it all believe me . I saw somewhere you have now moved in with family ...thank God for that bolt , it actually makes me feel peace for you to not be sat there day after day on your own . Happy for you .

Judgey person who believes she can dictate how people must vote in person to make sure his or her vote counts in November -because if you go to a grocery store it's safe to vote in person and if you're (in a particular political party) you should. Guess she would like to screen and find covid-safe babysitters -and pay them -to watch the children who would be home alone for hours -or does she want the kids exposed too? Hmm.