Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 96 of 115 FirstFirst ... 93949596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: What's annoying you today? Part 2

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by milly007
    People on the subway who put a bag on the seat next to them to deter people from sitting down, or the classic move, where someone sits in the aisle seat and they donít shift their arse to the inside or adjoining seat in hopes of no one sitting next to them so they can enjoy both seats for themselves.

And it doesnít matter how busy the subway is - blows my mind. Some people have a lot of gall.

Or, and this is a given, people who wonít get up and offer their seat to pregnant women, the elderly, disabled or parents with children & strollers...
    Yes and yes. But I have a friend who said she won't offer a seat to a woman with a stroller/child because if she is commuting after a long day she's entitled to a seat. I kind of get that. I only accepted seats in that situation when the person said he was getting off the next stop, etc. When I was about 8 months pregnant I took a disabled seat -I was really tired, the bus was really crowded but there were other disabled seats available. A passenger yelled at me for taking a seat - she saw a disabled person board and I knew there was a seat for her so I didn't move (I was on my way to work). She screamed at me that pregnancy wasn't a disability. Gee thanks (by that point it was too hard for me to feel ok standing for more than 10 minutes like that).

Originally Posted by Batya33
    ...She screamed at me that pregnancy wasn't a disability.
    Did you respond by yelling back "Neither is IGNORANCE!"

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Camber 2019
    Did you respond by yelling back "Neither is IGNORANCE!"
    Oh wow why didn't I think of that??? Honestly I felt so vulnerable (can't run too fast for example when waddling along at that stage) I did my best not to make waves.

Cars that park and leave you 2mm of space to get out 🚓🙄🚗🤬🚙👣🚕🐷

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Cars that park and leave you 2mm of space to get out 🚓🙄🚗🤬🚙👣🚕🐷
    That's why keys are so sharp!

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Yes and yes. But I have a friend who said she won't offer a seat to a woman with a stroller/child because if she is commuting after a long day she's entitled to a seat. I kind of get that. I only accepted seats in that situation when the person said he was getting off the next stop, etc. When I was about 8 months pregnant I took a disabled seat -I was really tired, the bus was really crowded but there were other disabled seats available. A passenger yelled at me for taking a seat - she saw a disabled person board and I knew there was a seat for her so I didn't move (I was on my way to work). She screamed at me that pregnancy wasn't a disability. Gee thanks (by that point it was too hard for me to feel ok standing for more than 10 minutes like that).
    I never had an issue with visibly pregnant ladies needing to sit down.
    It was the mega strollers that always made me cringe!
    The bus driver would yell " strollers coming in, get back!" in a sardine packed bus and you'd hear the wave of groaning happen lol.

Platinum Member
    "My ex did horrible things to me! She/he lied, cheated, called me names! She/he ignored and blocked me! She/he is evil!

How do I get her/him back?"

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    "My ex did horrible things to me! She/he lied, cheated, called me names! She/he ignored and blocked me! She/he is evil!

How do I get her/him back?"
    lol I know precisely what you mean.

I'm very tempted to introduce two people to each other.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    I never had an issue with visibly pregnant ladies needing to sit down.
    It was the mega strollers that always made me cringe!
    The bus driver would yell " strollers coming in, get back!" in a sardine packed bus and you'd hear the wave of groaning happen lol.
    LOL. I always folded up my umbrella stroller on a bus (on a subway no). If there was plenty of room I didn't.

When I wasn't visibly pregnant I still sometimes needed to sit down. I remember having to go up a flight of stairs at work when I wasn't yet showing and I was more exhausted than I thought and carrying my heavy briefcase. So I was slow. The maintenance guy needed to come down the stairs and had to wait for me and he taunted me about being so slow. Wrong thing to do to a newly pregnant exhausted woman. I did report him to my HR director because I didn't want anyone else to be subjected to that.

Bronze Member
    I'm annoyed because my lazy coworker said she doesn't feel like working today.

Page 96 of 115 FirstFirst ... 93949596979899 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice