"All the guys I meet just want to sleep with me" - happens to most girls?

chelsea13

I've never had that problem. I have guy friends and they do flirt sometimes, but I'd say that they're platonic friendships apart from that, because they don't try to sleep with me or make out with me. One of my best guy friends has been forever hooked on this girl so he's basically marginally depressed and has never had a girlfriend, is very decent so he doesn't try at all to make out with me or anything. Another guy pretty much hits on me all the time and compliments me like there's no tomorrow but he has never tried touching me or anything, probably cos we never really meet alone apart from when he walks into my office during my part-time work. Another guy friend I liked a lot romantically but he liked my best friend so he had never tried to get anywhere with me, not even when we're in clubs. Another friend of mine talks about other girls all the time. But when I think about it, I don't know if I consider them to really friends because although we do talk to each other about everything, we rarely meet up. So is it true that most of your guy friends want something from you? And because these guys are not really contacting me, then they're not really my friends, probably because they don't want something from me?

I just feel like there's this repetitive problem among my girlfriends and that is that all their guy friends/guys they meet end up wanting to just sleep with them. And some of them are not even attractive. It's subjective but I won't say that they're universally pretty. Of course some are though.

I have a friend who's a tomboy and looks pretty much like a little boy but she does have a cute face, and every guy she meets want something from her. I also have another friend who's not pretty but according to her, all guys want to sleep with her and hit on her all the time. Same goes for my sister.

They told me that it's better when a guy you like doesn't feel the same for you mutually than to find out that he's attracted to you for sex only. I don't know what to say about that. I've never had the 'sex' problem hence I don't even get dates/asked out. What's better anyway? To have no guys calling you at all, or to get plenty of attention from guys but they only wanted sex.. though out of all those you might be able to get one who's genuine?? I don't know.. my girlfriends are frustrated about their situations, I am about mine too.

I definitely don't have this problem. I have guy friends I've met through work and we are on a strictly platonic level, has never crossed the line, and usually only hang out at work or when its a group of people getting together. I have one guy friend that knows I'm in a relationship and would never ever cross that line but asks me a lot of advice for his own dating world. I have one guy friend that probably woudl try to cross that line if he could... but he has enough respect for the fact that I'm in a relationship and don't want to cheat on my significant other. So he'll flirt a little bit, and tell me I'm cute, but it never goes further than that.

I had platonic guy friends and guy friends that wanted more. If they are single and we get very close to each other, there is like a 90% possibility that they will end up wanting more, either a romantic or sexual relationship. I usually get out of it as soon as I realize their intention but I also gave in a couple of times.

Some girls lie too tho. In university I had this problem with girls. Always wanted to prove to each other how popular they are. "oh look, a guy looked at me, he sure wants to sleep with me!".

But with girls who ain't even all that attractive - guys, is it true that you still want to spend some time dating her even though your ultimate goal was to have sex with her? I'm talking about girls you don't really find that attractive.

I can understand if it happens to a pretty girl but trust me.. there're some girls who are soo average looking but this whole thing happens to them too and they complain about it - so i doubt that they were exaggerating or trying to be appear popular because they really do seem distressed about it!

Honestly - I think guys percieve a girls behaviour and acts on it. If she is being flirty, naturally, he will respond to that and put the moves on her. If she responds, he'll take it further.

But if a girl has a wall up that she doesn't want to go there, or just wants a platonic friendship, or even wants to wait until the relationship is serious before jumping into bed, guys will respect that and either pursue a friendship or move on to the next girl that is willing to jump into bed with him.

Honestly - I think guys percieve a girls behaviour and acts on it. If she is being flirty, naturally, he will respond to that and put the moves on her. If she responds, he'll take it further.

But if a girl has a wall up that she doesn't want to go there, or just wants a platonic friendship, or even wants to wait until the relationship is serious before jumping into bed, guys will respect that and either pursue a friendship or move on to the next girl that is willing to jump into bed with him.

I have to say I agree.

I've honestly never had this problem with any guy friend (I'm also not "friends" with guys I have crushes on, really, because I try to make something happen, and if it doesn't work, move on). I have many male friends, half a dozen male friends whom I consider myself very close to, and have never hooked up with any of them or felt that any of them were trying to get into my pants. I feel very comfortable with all of them, and just really solid in the fact that we're just friends, that they know this and that we're all on the same page. I never worry about them making a move, particularly if I'm in a "vulnerable" position.

Some of them I met while one or both of us was in a relationship - and when I had a boyfriend I was always very clear that I was serious about that relationship - so that helped, but I've also made platonic male friends while I was single and they were too. I'm just fairly clear that I just want friendship, and behave in a way consistent with that.

I think there are a lot of different factors that add up to this. First, women can sometimes send the wrong signal because they like attention from guys and do like to feel like someone finds them attractive, don't we all? However, someone may perceive this as a come on.

Another thing I've noticed is that many women tend to quickly become defensive about these sort of things. I do have guy friends that I know are sexually attracted to me and wouldn't say no if I asked for sex, but it doesn't mean that's the only reason they're my friends. Someone can find me sexually attractive and still like me as a friend. They are not mutually exclusive.

I'm a highly physical person so I don't really blame anyone for picking up on that. It's not because I behave provocatively, it's because I'm friendly, healthy, and happy. I like to stay fit and that's attractive. I do lack for male friends, but someday I hope to befriend a gay man. In my experience the only reason straight men hang around is for a chance either for sex or love or both.

I think there are a lot of different factors that add up to this. First, women can sometimes send the wrong signal because they like attention from guys and do like to feel like someone finds them attractive, don't we all? However, someone may perceive this as a come on.

Another thing I've noticed is that many women tend to quickly become defensive about these sort of things. I do have guy friends that I know are sexually attracted to me and wouldn't say no if I asked for sex, but it doesn't mean that's the only reason they're my friends. Someone can find me sexually attractive and still like me as a friend. They are not mutually exclusive.

Great post. Come to think of it, I might have given wrong signals in the past. Sometimes when you are even dressed up a little, it can be a signal to men because you are making yourself attractive to them. One thing I learned is to never talk about my sexuality with a single available man that I see often like he is a female friend. Yep, I used to be an idiot back then.

Again true. I'm sure none of my single guy friends would say no if I wanted to have sex with them. But that does not mean that they are only friends with me for sex. I had this discussion with someone else once and he called me selfish and a tease! he believed if you are even attracted to someone, you can't be friends with them. I don't agree. There were guys I was attracted to who I could still be friends with.

basically, no guy has ever conacted me only to hang out as friends. they either want something more or dont care to be friends with me,only acquaintance.

Guys,who do you usually call when u wanna have a friends hanging out? a guy or a girl?

I have a lot more guy friends than female friends. I'm single right now and looking to meet more women for both friends and a relationship.

That said, I really enjoy guy time, I enjoy one on one convo's with women a lot, if I'm having a problem and looking for advice I'd usually call a female friend. I usually have less fun hanging out with a group of women however, so I'd call guy friends to hang.

In terms of wanting to hook up with friends, it would take a lot of signals and I would have to be very attracted to actually act. I've only hooked up with a friend once and it didn't turn out well, I likely won't be doing it again.

Guys just want sex and/or a relationship with a girl. Period. I don't have any guy friends and the ones I do have only talk to me on facebook and/or ignore me. If a guy is constantly contacting you, he likes you, no matter what he says.

It is not normal for guys to befriend girls. Acquaintance on facebook or something, fine. But constant communicating/hanging out, etc. They want something.

My experience is - If a girl has a lot of guy friends she claims are purely platonic, then she's probably kidding herself.

Some of these guys are probably kidding themselves, too, by thinking that they want to hang out with her purely as a friend. However, the root problem is that these guys don't have girlfriends. This is why they rely on said girl for female companionship. If they did, they would not hang out with said girl so much.

There are, of course, exceptions.

Maybe it has to do with age too. When guys are young and horny, sometimes they have just one thing on their mind. I remember feeling this way throughout high school and a couple years afterwards. It seemed like guys would try to befriend me only if they wanted something more.

Yet the truth is now I have several good guy friends that have proved me wrong. Although when I met my current best guy friend I had a huge crush on him. Nothing happened and we became just friends, and only later when I was no longer interested did he become interested in me. Despite all that, we set boundaries and were very mature about it, and he is one of my best friends to this day!

I am not okay with guys who have a lot of girl friends and are flirty and touchy with every single one. Those kinds of guys are the ones that need an ego boost. Girls do the same. Being flirty doesn't mean they are necessarily interested in you, sometimes they are just looking for confirmation that they are hot stuff.

JUST want to sleep with me? As in... only sex.... exclusively want sex from me and nothing else out of our relationship with one another? No. That is not true at all in my experience, and I highly doubt it is true for most any woman.

However.... do I believe, or have I come to find out that a lot of the guys I have met or befriended have wanted more than just platonic friendship, or have even just thought of me that way from time to time? Yes, absolutely. I think it is normal and common.

I have had guy friends I have known since we were kids/preteens come to see me as an adult and just give me "that look" or tell me how nice I clean up. Just last week I had a male friend I've known since I was a teenager (and we were very much always JUST friends) ask me very casually if there was ever anything MORE than friendship between us. ... More and more it comes clear how much that thought is just always there.

But... does that mean the friendship doesn't exist? No. Does it mean they JUST want sex? No. You can control where the relationship heads... but chances are... the thought is always there.

This is a pretty interesting post... I don't really have many girl friends. The ones I do are either in relationships with my friends, so nothing is going to happen there... or girls I'm not really attracted to. If I'm attracted to a girl I'd keep her as more of an acquaintance because if I started hanging out with her more I'd probably see myself getting more and more attracted.

As someone else mentioned I'll ask girls for any advice... but if I'm going to go hang out with "friends" and have fun, it's gonna be my guy friends. If I was hanging out with a "girl" friend there would probably be something else behind it...

Archived