Yep. I'm pregnant. Oh well.

Ians Mommy

I know that having and raising this baby is the hardest thing I'm ever going to do. I've fallen in love with him or her already and I'm ready to do whatever I had to to give it the best life I can. I might only be 16 but I'd give my life for my son or daughter and honestly, I think I'm going to be a pretty good parent.

I honestly get that feeling to. And I don't get that feeling when I read most posts from teens who are pregnant. I get very scared for them. But I have a strong sense you're going to be able to handle this. Wish it was when you were a bit older, but well, too late to worry about that now. Please, please make use of eNotalone as you travel this journey. We're here for you, hon.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth is, you are young. That's just one of the facts of life. 16 years old is young.

But age has nothing to do with having a child. Some 30 year olds aren't ready.

I admire you for your attitude silentscream4hlp. You don't need all the money in the world. And raising a child isn't easy for anyone. Some situations might make it easier, but it's never actually easy for anyone.

The important thing is love. Besides the obvious food and shelter, children need love. They need someone who is willing to revolve their world around them and love them. And honestly, I think you are more willing to do that then most people I know.

Your life is going to change a lot. And you know that. The fact that you are accepting the responsibilities and not "hating the world" for what happened just shows how mature you are about this. All I can say is that your son or daughter is going to be a lucky child to have a mother who is as loving as you.

The fact that you are accepting the responsibilities and not "hating the world" for what happened just shows how mature you are about this. All I can say is that your son or daughter is going to be a lucky child to have a mother who is as loving as you.

Yup that's true, she doesn't seem repentant nor depress because of getting pregnant at such a young age. Most girls at that girl, tend to like freak out or cry over it, saying "Oh my god, I mess up", "What do I do"? and don't take fully into account that their lives gonna change. But silentscrem, you seem prepare for it, and don't seem to make much of a fuzz over it, which is good, does shows you're mature. Babies need love basically, also protection, and trust. Anyways when are you planning to tell your parents, cuz they will find out??

The events of today still haven't really hit me. I got up this morning and I had really bad cramping and I was bleeding a little bit. I got really scared and started crying and I called my sister. I asked her to come get me and I would explain and I told my parents that she was going to take me to school.

In the car, I told her what was going on and that I was pregnant. She already knew, she had figured it out on her own and she was just waiting for me to tell her. She took me to the hospital instead of school and she called out of work.

We got there and had to wait for like an hour and finally we went in and they gave me an ultrasound and that's when I found out it was twins. I was examined by 3 different doctors and had 2 more ultrasounds and then found out that I had miscarried one of them.

The kept me for observations for a few hours and wanted to keep me overnight but I couldn't so they released me but I have to go back tomorrow and see what's going on with the other baby and by then they will know if my other baby is okay.

As of right now, it really hasn't hit me yet and I don't know what to think at all. All I know is that I'm upset but I need to stop worrying and pray for the other baby.

Oh hon,

I'm so sorry about the baby! I'm sure you are in amix of emotions right now.

I hope you are taking it easy today, and let us know how it goes tomorrow with the other baby.

When do you plan to tell your parents? If this is a hig risk pregnancy it's going to be harder to keep it from them- you are going to need support.

((HUGS))

It finally hit me as I was going to bed last night. I think I got maybe an hour sleep before I had to get up and get ready to go again. I spent the entire night crying and throwing up from it.

Today I wasn't so bad because they said from the looks of it, the other baby is just fine. They don't know why I miscarried one of them but they think that the other baby will be fine but I'm on bed rest for 2 weeks except for school.

When I got home from the clinic today, I told my parents. My mom had the same reaction as my sister. She already knew but was just waiting for me to tell her. She said that she thinks that I'm going to be a good mom but she is still disappointed in me but that she will help me in any way possible. My dad had almost the same reaction. He didn't have any clue but he knew something was up with me and he just hugged me and kissed me on the head and said that everything is going to be okay and we're going to get through this.

I thought telling my parents would be the end of my life but it really wasn't. I don't know why I was worrying so much about that.

R.I.P Baby

I will never know if it was a boy or girl

Hey Girl,

I posted on your new thread because I was wondering how it went when you told your parents.

I'm glad they were supportive, and even thought a little surprised, they seemed to have handled it very well. You are definitely going to need them now more than ever.

((HUGS)) to you, I'm sure it's a very difficult time for you while you grieve the loss of one baby, but also feel relief that the other baby is OK. We're here for you whenever you need to vent.

I will say a prayer for you and your babies, both of them.

Hey again,

Wow, there sure been lots of updates on your posts, I wans't there yesterday, had gone out with a friend, but glad that I caught up with it. Anyways sorry to hear you loss a child, he/she must have meant something so important in your live, but hpefully the other baby is doing okay, I hope so. Glad you also told your parents and that they didn't react the way you expected it ok, in fact they were supported. That's very good, now is the time you need them more than ever. So hope everything goes okay with your other baby.

Thanks for all the support everyone.

I made an appointment about an hour ago for later tonight because I'm really sick and I have a 102 fever and I'm just scared of what's going on. I just hope it's not something wrong with the baby and it's just a really bad cold or something.

I know that your body is different from mine, but I have a pamphlet from my OB that I carry around with me that lists the medicines I can take.

Cold Symptoms/Fever:

Tylenol

Sudafed

Benadryl

Chloraseptic

Throat lozenges

Actifed

Chlor-Trimeton

Robitussin (for cough)

Tylenol Cold or Sinus

I'm not especially comfortable with taking the stuff with pseudoephedrine in it, but I'm quite sensitive to stimulants like that. Do ask your OB before taking anything like this, but my doctor has approved all of these things for me.

I also want to add my condolences for the loss of your child. It's an experience nobody should ever have to go through.

Hey Girl,

How are you feeling today?

Make sure to drink your fluids- lots of clear liquids.

Did the doctor tell you if you could take Tylenol? Usually pregnant women can- and you want to try and keep the fever down if possible.

Hope you are getting your rest and drinking plenty of fluids.

I know this must make me sound horrible, but I never even thought of telling the dad what happened.

He came over this morning when I was still asleep and he just crawled in bed with me and I guess I was having a bad dream or something and when I woke up, he scared the crap out of me and I started crying because I realized that I had never even thought of telling him.

I told him when he asked what was wrong and he just hugged me and said that everything is going to be okay and that we still have the other baby and that he or she should be fine.

He ended up staying with me for a few hours and just held me while I cried until he finally had to leave for work.

It's always sad to lose a baby. And it's not even like you can say that just because you still have one it's not a big deal that you lost one.

It's great you have so much support. Especially from your boyfriend. He sounds great. This baby is going to be so lucky.

He's not actually my boyfriend. We have been friends for over 4 years. It seemed like everytime I would be free and could hang out with him, he had something to do. So finally one night I was bored and he was online so I told him to come pick me up. He did, we drove around for awhile, and then things happened and I got pregnant.

I know that I'm in love with him (I have been for awhile) but I don't know if he feels the same way but then I think he might because everytime we got off the phone or computer, he was always the first one to say "I love you." I don't know, it's all just really confusing.