Yep. I'm pregnant. Oh well.

Ians Mommy

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aww thanks! We're really excited right now.

I had Ian stop at Wal-Mart on the way home and I went in and bought a really cute boys outfit and I came home with it and left it in the bag and when my mom asked, I just threw the bag at her. My parent's are happy for us and they know about the whole situation with Ian and they're going to help us work though the whole thing and see what should be done about it.

Hey girl, good luck on the rest of your pregnancy and congratulations on your little boy. I just wanted to make a suggestion as far as maternity pants - get a "bellaband". It's basically a stretchy thing like a tube top but you wear it over the top of your jeans. Then for awhile you can wear your jeans unzipped and have a smooth line and also maternity pants totally sag so it holds them up. You will get more mileage out of your clothes with this and be more comfortable. I put off buying one of these in my pregnancy and I really regret it.

Hey girl, good luck on the rest of your pregnancy and congratulations on your little boy. I just wanted to make a suggestion as far as maternity pants - get a "bellaband". It's basically a stretchy thing like a tube top but you wear it over the top of your jeans. Then for awhile you can wear your jeans unzipped and have a smooth line and also maternity pants totally sag so it holds them up. You will get more mileage out of your clothes with this and be more comfortable. I put off buying one of these in my pregnancy and I really regret it.

Where do you get a bellaband?

Hi there,

Sorry I am a little late posting in here. I have been lurking in your thread for awhile. I have to commend your maturity about your situation and how you went about everything.

I am so sorry about your loss but so happy that little Ian is doing good. I did a Google search on one of those bella bands and here is what came up...

link removed

link removed

link removed

Hope this helps you out ladies! Thank you for all the updates.

Well, today was the first time I wore a fitted shirt in, well, forever. In the halls today, I got a lot of weird stares, had a bunch of people come up and ask me when I'm due, if it's a boy or girl, and what I'm naming it.

Well, one senior came up to me and was like "you're a * * * *" and I was like "thanks" and just walked away. Well, she grabbed my arm and pulled me back to her and was like "who did your filtyass go out and screw?" and at the same time, Ian walked up and put his arms around me and put his hands on my stomach and he was like "it's my baby". I swear, I nearly died at the look on her face. I didn't realize it was his exgirlfriend lmao.

But yeah, most of the reactions I got today were either happy or people being really shocked. I'm glad this is finally out in the open though. It takes so much weight off my shoulders and I would assume his too.

I'm sorry. I kept forgetting and then my mom stupidly lost the camera. As soon as it reappears, I'll get pictures.

Yeah, my school has a reputation for having a lot of "sluts" but it's weird that we don't have more pregnant girls than we do. In about 1000 students, only me and one other girl is pregnant that I know of.

Gosh, I definitely don't miss that part of my high school days. People could be so mean and rude.

Anyways, I'm glad that you are happy to have it out in the open. It's always hard the first couple of days, but soon enough people will just get used to it and either be excited for you, or just not show any interest.

A lot of girls in high school are so catty. I absolutely hate it. I hate drama and my high school is definitely full of it. I am basically a recluse in school and I barely ever talk but then when I'm out of school, I'm a completely different person.

Wow, I am so calm right now. I love thunderstorms. *sighs*

um. I'm in complete shock right now.

Ian came into my work and right in front of everyone, told me that he loved me with all his heart and that he wants nothing more than for us to have more kids together and that I'm going to be a great mom. and then he asked me to marry him.

and I said yes.

I still can't believe this is happening O_O

How old is Ian?

Does he have a steady job? Has he graduated high school?

Do your parents know?

He's 18, but he'll be 19 when the baby is born.

Yep, he works at a port thing in my town during the summer and during the school year he works at Shop-Rite. He is graduating in June.

Yeah, my work let me leave right afterwards and we came home and told my parents. They're a little leery about it but they gave us the consent to get married but not until I turn 18 so we'll just have a long engagement.

humm I haven't read the whole thread but from what I understood Ian is not the father of the baby but will be there for the child? What about the biological dad? doen'st he want to have anything to do with the baby?

Ian isn't the biological father but he is taking all the responsibilities for him when he is born. Cory (the biological dad) is going to give up his rights for the baby. We decided together that it would be best if Ian was the father to the baby because he can give both me and the baby more than Cory can.

I think the long engagement is a good idea, you are both so young and a new baby is going to take a lot of adjusting too. By the time you are 18 you will have a good idea if Ian is still someone you want to marry and vice versa.

Did you see a doctor about your jaw yet?

Ian isn't the biological father but he is taking all the responsibilities for him when he is born. Cory (the biological dad) is going to give up his rights for the baby. We decided together that it would be best if Ian was the father to the baby because he can give both me and the baby more than Cory can.

ouch.. Cory doesn't seem like a good guy.. I don't understand how he can give up his rights for the baby when the baby is his.. very selfish I find... I just hope that he wont cause any problems later on.. you are very lucky to have a guy like Ian in your life.

Congratulations on the engagment!

The long engagment is a good idea. There's no need to rush because if he's the one you are meant to marry, you'll marry him no matter when, so it's just best to wait until you are completely ready for that step.

You are still 16, and you are going to grow so much over the next couple of years. Couples can grow together, but there's always the possibility that you might grow apart.

I'm in no way trying to tell you it won't work because you are young.. just that I think it's a good idea that you are choosing to wait a few years.

• 1 month later...

Wow it's been over a month since anything was posted in here. I'm 23 weeks pregnant now and school is finally out. At this point now, all of my friends have either found out or I've told them. I've actually lost a few friends but I love my son more than anything. If they don't like it, oh well.

Things with me and Ian are going great. We're still planning on keeping the engagement really long and waiting it out to see if we're really meant to be. Things are still going really strong between us and I love him to death. He just graduated tonight with second honors and in his speech, he said how he has grown up more in the last couple months than he did the entire time he was in high school and that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me and baby Ian. I cried my eyes out the entire time he was making his speech and then again when he received his diploma and again when they threw their caps in the air. The entire time, I was watching him and he was looking over at me and his parents with the biggest smile on his face. I'm actually crying now thinking about it. I told him to go out and have some fun tonight and don't worry about me. I want him to have the best graduation night he possibly can and he said he'll be back at my house around 11 or 12 tonight.

Ian keeps kicking and kicking. It's actually getting sort of painful everyonce in awhile but I love it. I love this baby more than life itself and I just want to give him the best possible life I can. I'll admit, I'm scared to death still to be a mom but with the support of Ian and our families, we'll get through this together and raise him the best we possibly can.

I had a forum on here about telling my grandmom that I'm pregnant. I did on Friday night. She was furious and basically told me that if I don't give the baby up for adoption (at first she threatened to make me have an abortion until she found out how far along I am) that she would never talk to me again and that she would change her will so I'm not in there. I had tears in my eyes because I love my grandmom but I love my son more than anything so I just grabbed my keys and walked out. My parents said that she'll probably come around if I just give her some time. I hope so. I don't care about her money, I just don't want my son coming into this world and growing up knowing that I lost my grandmom because I got pregnant with him.

Anyway, we're still on the search for the camera but it hasn't turned up yet. As soon as it does, I'll definitely get pictures on here.

By the way, Ian actually moves in with me over the weekend! I'm excited. He's been staying here most nights but goes home to shower and get changed. I love having a big bed

Hi

I've been following this thread. I'm sorry about your grandmother, hopefully she will come around, especially once she sees her adorable grandson smiling at her, but if not, at least you told her the best way possible and you have a lot of support elsewhere. Glad to hear everything is going well with Ian, and best of luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

The time is passing so quickly!

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's reaction. And that you lost a few of your friends.

But you are right, if they can't accept your child, then you don't need them in your life. True friends are supposed to be there for you no matter what.

Since you have so much support from family members, chances hopefully are that your grandmother will calm down after awhile and be able to accept her great grandson, especially once she realizes that the rest of your family supports you.