Yep. I'm pregnant. Oh well.

Ians Mommy

Well, things didn't go how I thought they were going to tonight. He picked me up around 6 I guess it was and on the way, he told me that he wanted me to be there with him to tell his parents. Yeah, he hadn't told them yet.

Anyway, we had dinner and then we were sitting in the living room when he gave my hand a squeeze. He was like "mom, dad, Dani is pregnant". They started FLIPPING! I swear, I've never heard anyone get screamed at so bad in my life.

Basically his father offered me a thousand dollars to go get an abortion and of course, I told him to go screw himself and I walked out the door and sat in his car until he came out like 5 minutes later.

He is still moving in with me in the end of June/early July completely against his parents wishes.

God, I wish things could have gone better like they did with my parents. I feel bad for him because he brought me home and stayed for a little bit but he had to go back home about an hour ago. I'm going to call him later and see how things went when he got home.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you have to understand what that must be like for his parents. I don't agree that they should have yelled and offered you money to get an abortion, but that's just how some parents can react when they first hear about things like this.

Give it a few days. His parents need time to take it all in and really think. Most parents will relax and be more supportive.

How old is he? How is he moving in with you without his parent's permission?

Hey Dani,

Well, it certainly was not a good reaction for you to witness, but it is not too surprising I think. It was pretty unfair for it to be sprung on them like that the first time they met you, and it sounds like they were completely unprepared to find out their son had gotten a girl pregnant. They are worried about their son's future too, and I imagine in great part about you as well. I think it was unfair of the baby's father to not tell them before he brought you to meet them.

Give it some time, they need to process and adjust to the information.

Can I ask if you and the baby's father are also going to be having a relationship with each other? Or is this moving in for the baby only?

How old is he?

I'm sure it was a shock for the parents but I agree their reaction was totally out of line. I think your boyfriend should have told them ahead of time so they had time to adjust before meeting you.

But what's done is done. You can't go backwards. Give it some time, they may come around eventually. They need time to absorb this and come to terms with it.

I'm glad you stood your ground in spite of the pressure. Hang in there!

I talked to Cory (the father) earlier today and he's moving in sooner then we planned. Things are going really bad for him in the situation with his parents. They're basically telling him that if I don't have an abortion, they're going to cut him off from their family completely.

I feel so bad about the whole thing. When I went to go there, I thought they already knew but they didn't. He told me today that he didn't think that was going to be their reaction and that he was really sorry that I had to be there for that.

Other than that, I'm actually feeling great. I don't have morning sickness at all anymore and the only part that makes me feel uncomfortable is that I have to pee every 10 minutes lol.

About the situation with my friends, I'm planning on telling them I'm pregnant soon before I really start to show. My best friend already asked me if I was gaining weight so I guess I'm going to have to tell them soon.

It's sad that they choose to alienate their son and the mother of their future grandchild. What's done is done, and while it may not be ideal, the baby is coming and it is their blood too.

You are doing great and your family is very supportive of you and Cory and that is important.

Hang in there, Dani!

(HUGS)

I think that eventually his parents will come to their senses but you never know.

If it wasn't for everyone on Enotalone, I probably wouldn't be where I am right now with my parents and especially Cory. At first, I wasn't even going to tell him I'm pregnant but you guys told me I should and I did and everything with him is great and he's here for me so much.

But my only question is, how do I break the news to my friends?

I also just found out very early this morning that my cousin is pregnant too. I hadn't told her and she called me 2 o'clock this morning crying and she came and picked me up and told me that she's pregnant and I just started crying with her and I told her that I'm pregnant too. She's not as far along as me but it's going to be good because we'll go through this together. I'm going to Virginia for Spring Break this week and when I get back, I'm going to tell my aunt and uncle that I'm pregnant and then we're going to tell them that she's pregnant too. (I'm really really close to my aunt and uncle.)

When I was pregnant a year ago, all my friends stuck by my side until I had the miscarriage. I hope and think that they'll take the news okay considering now I'm 16, have the father in my baby's life, and I can take care of the baby more now that I would have been able to last year.

Just tell your friends that you are pregnant and that you really need their support. Seeing as they were all there for you last year it sounds as though they will be supportive again. Do you think so?

I'm hoping that Cory's parents come around with time too. A baby has a way of making people forget why they were angry in the first place, especially if the baby is their grandchild.

I just texted one of my best friends (one guy and one girl) and asked her to text me when she gets home because I want to give her a hug before I leave for Virginia because I won't see her until Wednesday at the earliest.

Should I tell her tonight or wait until I come back?

I didn't end up telling her because when I told my dad I was going out, it was like 11 at night and he said I only had 5 minutes so I really couldn't even tell her.

I'm down in Virginia (I live in New Jersey) and my aunt who has alzeimers (spelling?) really bad sort of pulled me to the side (another thing, she didn't even have any idea who I was at first) and said to me, "Take care of the baby. I know I'll never get to see him but I know you'll be a great mom." I was so shocked. I had a baggy shirt on and I'm barely showing at all and I didn't say a word about it but she knew. and the part that kind of creeps me out is that she said "him" like she knows for sure it's a boy.

Please, someone tell me what you think of what she said... I'm so confused.