Yep. I'm pregnant. Oh well.

Ians Mommy

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sugarbaby, you have a right to your opinion. I agree with you, 16 is young and it's going to be hard to care for a baby, but it's kind of hypocritical for you to be casting judgement on silentscream. She's obviously willing to try, and that's all she can do. Just because she seems happy about it doesn't mean she doesn't realize it's going to be hard. It doesn't mean she's being selfish.

The thing is, silentscream, you are obviously willing to do whatever it takes to give your baby a good life. It would be one thing you decided to get an abortion and then go out and have unprotected sex again.. but instead of worrying about having fun, you are dealing with the consequences. That obviously shows a level of maturity.

No matter how old you are, having a child isn't going to be easy. Being older in age might make it easier, but it's never ever easy.

What happened has happened. Sex happens. Sex at a young age happens. There's only two things one can do.. be responsible and deal with the consequences, or don't.

Silentscream, sorry if you have answered this before, but who is going to be the main father figure in your baby's life?

I actually just had a huge talk with his or her father tonight about everything. We're going to talk to our parents and see if he can move in with me as soon as school gets out this year (he's graduating) so he can be here more for me and the baby once he or she is born.

The main father figure is going to be the biological father.

Once again I wasnt being hypocritical I was trying to explain what it gets like. Im sorry if I offended anyone it wasnt what I meant to do. Im really happy that silentscrem has sorted it out. how far along are you now?

maybe just try rewording it next time!

ugh Why have I been getting sick so easily since I got pregnant?

The high levels of Hcg in your blood (a pregnancy hormone) makes you nauseous. Try eating a small carb snack before getting out of bed- like a few saltines. Some women find that ginger ale helps too- or ginger tea if you prefer.

Your immune system can be somewhat compromised - pregnant women as a result are often more likely to also get yeast infections for example.

Just eat healthy, work out, and take your vitamins!

The yeast infections tend to happen because placental hormones are antagonistic to insulin, so pregnant women tend to have higer blood sugars- which feeds the yeast.

Ohh, "yay" - thanks for the explanation Hope!

Makes sense. As is if being pregnant is not hard enough on the body!

LOL Rach- we have no idea yet!

When you are getting ready- send me a PM and I will send you all the stuff I've learned this semester about the physiological changes of pregnancy....yikes! Stuff that even pregnant women have no idea is happening!

Hi Silent scream,

LOL, I was just joking around with Ray Kay.

I am not pregnant, but I am in nursing school and we recently covered OB, (pregnancy and childbirth, post partum, newborns) and Pediatrics ( infant to 18 years old, health and wellness, and illness) this semester. I spent 10 weeks in Labor and Delivery and OB at the hospital doing clinical rotations, and now am in Pedicatrics clinical at the hospital every week so I am smack dab in the middle of learning all about it right now, that's all I meant!

How are you feeling?

That was hilarious. I get the emails saying that I have a new reply and it had yours in it and I just glanced at it before I clicked the link and all I saw was "I spent 10 weeks in labor and delivery" and I nearly died lmfao.

I'm actually feeling pretty good. The strep throat is gone but I still have the cough.

I'm just a little worried about the next week to week and a half. When I was pregnant last year, I miscarried the baby at 13 weeks and on Tuesday, I'll be 13 weeks and it just scares me because I've already lost one baby. I don't know, I'm just scared that something is going to happen.

Today was my first day back to work since I lost the baby and when I walked in, they handed me a card and they had taken up a collection while I was gone and there was like 315 dollars in there. It also helps that my sister probably put like 50 in there and my mom probably put like 50 in there. (All 3 of us work at the same diner)

It just shows that no matter what age you are when you lose someone, you have your friends, family, co-workers, and half the time strangers such as you guys to fall back onto.

SS,

That is so nice that your coworkers are all supportive of you like that.

The important thing is to try and not stress too much about 13 weeks coming up, since stress just taxes your body even more. Try to eat well, take your vitamins, drink PLENTY of water (hydration helps prevent uterin agitation and possible contractions early) and get your rest.

Trust me, I drink a ton of fluids. My mom makes this ice tea from hot water and tea bags and puts fresh peaches in it. It's amazing and I go through atleast 2 pitchers of it a day.

Btw, my name is Dani. It's kinda weird being called silentscream and all because that was from my "darker" periods when I was depressed.

I hate dealing with some of the customers at work but I love everyone that works at my diner. Well, the people on day shift atleast. It's bad right now and everyone on night shift that was there before I was has left other than 2 people. All the same people are still there from day shift though so that's where most of the money came from.

I swear, the waterbill in my house is going to be so high until I have the baby because between always drinking A LOT and being pregnant, the toilet gets flushed constantly and it's really old so it doesn't save water at all lol.

K. I'm done. I ramble too much.

That was hilarious. I get the emails saying that I have a new reply and it had yours in it and I just glanced at it before I clicked the link and all I saw was "I spent 10 weeks in labor and delivery" and I nearly died lmfao.

That IS funny. ...would have been a big, big baby. Excuse me as I join in here, but it is wonderful how much support you have. I've been following this thread for a while now, and you show a maturity beyond your years. I wish you all the best

That IS funny. ...would have been a big, big baby. Excuse me as I join in here, but it is wonderful how much support you have. I've been following this thread for a while now, and you show a maturity beyond your years. I wish you all the best

Thanks.

She uses decaf tea bags that we've stolen from work lol.