How do ladies feel about me touching their hair?

I just realized that putting my fingers through a woman's hair is the easiest way for me to show intimacy and body language. I'm speaking in the context of me saying something like "you're hair looks better this way or I like what you did with your hair."

I think that move works great and natural for me as I've picked up a few girls doing that.

How do you ladies feel about someone touching your hair in that sort of matter?

As for people touching my hair - because I've got long thick hair (my best feature) I often get people sticking their hands in it, stroking it etc. I don't like it from random strangers, I must say - definitely not a big turn on. If I like you, however, then I love having my hair ruffled and stroked and caressed. But wait until you've snogged (kissed) me first before you stick your paws on my hair....

Personally, unless you are my bf, a best pal, or a child, I do not care for people touching my hair.

So maybe I am a bit defensive of my personal space, but it could even get someone an *instinctual, accidental* pop in the face.

On a slightly different note...TICKLING from men is a most loathed behavior of mine. Please don't ever consider that method.

Every so often women will walk by me and toussle my hair as they walk by. I have some female coworkers that will poke me in the stomach lightly. One time I was hugging a girl for a long time and I put my hand on her head and ran it down in one stroke very lightly and she just laughed at that a little.

I wouldn't want just anyone touching my hair. I have every long waist length hair. I have had many compliments on my hair from strangers, but never had a stranger try and touch it. IF they did I would highly object to that.

Having my boyfriend touch my hair is a different story. I love it when he brushes the hair from my face. He never does it in such a way as to way, I like your hair this way or that way. Sometimes after I wash my hair, he will brush it out for me and I love that part.

He likes to put his hands in and under my hair at the back of my neck when we are kissing or in other intimate moments.

So as long as its only my BF touching my hair, and in a gentle, or sensual manner then its all great.

Touching my hair is a personal thing. I would hate to have random strangers and aquaintances touch or play with it. I have shoulder-length, thick wavy hair.

I love it when my bf puts his hands in it though, and he can't seem to keep his hands outta there

I remember back last year in social psych, they had a diagram which showed the different areas of men and women's bodies and the regions were colour-coded by preference (or none at all) each sex had for being touched, by friends, lovers, and strangers.

If I remember correctly, women only moderately will accept the touch from a strange man on her arms. That's it. Her hair, face and head is completely off-limits, until dating. Sorry.

Men, interestingly, were much more open. It even showed a guy did not mind being touched on the leg or thigh by a strange woman! lmao

It's true, to an extent too. We're such base creatures.

I think it's silly to talk about any behavior like that as 'establishing intimacy" unless you know the person well enough or can sense how the person likes to be touched. Just because you like it has little to do with whether the other person will like it - and isn't intimacy about what works for the couple? It's cool to try different things but above all pay attention to the body language and what she says and does.

I have long red hair, and when people I don't know play with it, it really puts me off them.

I seem to attract men who have a really nasty habit of touching my hair as though it belongs to them. When I'm out I also have strange men run up to me to stroke my hair and run off again. It's all really creepy and irritating.

If I don't know you, don't touch me. If we're flirting, stay within the accepted fly zones - hands, arm, waist.

I love having my hair played with, or my scalp scratched, but frankly it's an action that comes after intimacy has been established, not one that establishes it.

Poking on the sides of the waist is a pretty common flirting tease, at least where I'm from it is. (UK)

But anything more, YMMV I think...

Yesterday, a woman that I had seen and talked to some in the past but hadn't seen for 3 months said hi to me really quick then said she's gotta go and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

Poking on the sides of the waist is a pretty common flirting tease, at least where I'm from it is. (UK)

But anything more, YMMV I think...

So, you mean to tell me, if I decide to go up to a girl tomorrow and put my hands on her waist, she's not going to smack me...?