Virgin Poll...Who's still a virgin?

iwishiknew

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to clarify, it doesn't dictate my entire life ... just this aspect of my life. I believe I still have other types of things to look forward to as well (yes, even at my advanced age).

thats great most people at your age would be so depressed with that fact.

• 1 month later...

22 year old, male virgin here, and I’ve been wanting sex for a long time. The problem is that I DO NOT want a relationship (There was a time when I did, but I was rejected again and again, and again, etc.), and women have made it quite clear to me that they find the idea of casual sex highly objectionable. I will not fake emotional interest in a woman, because it would eat up my time and hurt her when all was said and done.

I know I can’t be too ugly, because women occasionally approach me these days. Talking with them never works out, because if I “be myself,” they start looking at me as if I’m crazy, and if I try to make them comfortable instead, they bore me after about three minutes.

I'm not terribly picky when it comes to physical features. Most women have at least something nice-looking about them and I don't mind dwelling on it if I have to.

I’m about as sociable as a brick and am committed to an asexual relationship with my male best friend/cousin/bandmate, but I’d love to be able to have sex on the side or something. Unfortunately, it seems every woman I meet is either looking solely for “the one,” or is doped up to the eyeballs and carrying every STD known to man.

And for anyone about to say, “you’re not missing that much,” I think the bit about Bill Gates shrugging off a million dollars is a perfect example of why that answer doesn’t help. I also don’t believe it always sucks the first time. It seems to me you'd get out of it what you put into it, unless your partner is just totally indifferent.

Thoughts, anyone?

Proud Virgin!

Me and my boyfriend have been together for just over a year and we decided that we would hold off on sex until i was ready. I'm 99% sure he's gonna be the one i lose it too, but who knows when that'll be... im only 17 so im not in any rush. and luckily ive found an amazing guy who is willing to wait for me, even if it is a few years!!

I know what my problem is. I watch too many European/American movies. I think I need to indigenise myself.

No more coming-of-age movies about teenage love/first love

No more romantic comedies(and romance movies in general)

No more high school/college Hollywood/European movies

No more westernised Bollywood movies(yes they do exist)

Why Hollywood/European movies? Because these movies have the obligatory sex scene which makes me feel envious of these people.

I am in a perennially European mindset. I think I need to change myself. I need to get myself into the no-sex-before-marriage mindset

I know what my problem is. I watch too many European/American movies. I think I need to indigenise myself.

No more coming-of-age movies about teenage love/first love

No more romantic comedies(and romance movies in general)

No more high school/college Hollywood/European movies

No more westernised Bollywood movies(yes they do exist)

Why Hollywood/European movies? Because these movies have the obligatory sex scene which makes me feel envious of these people.

I am in a perennially European mindset. I think I need to change myself. I need to get myself into the no-sex-before-marriage mindset

you don't have to adopt any strict mindset if you believe you know what is right. if a strict "wait till marriage" value is something you hold, act on it. otherwise, don't try to bound yourself to it. the important thing is to not feel pressured by movies, your peers or anyone else about sex. we are all individuals. what we do with our bodies is up to us. too many people get caught up in the social aspect of sex. don't fall into the trap.

you don't have to adopt any strict mindset if you believe you know what is right. if a strict "wait till marriage" value is something you hold, act on it. otherwise, don't try to bound yourself to it. the important thing is to not feel pressured by movies, your peers or anyone else about sex. we are all individuals. what we do with our bodies is up to us. too many people get caught up in the social aspect of sex. don't fall into the trap.

Well the thing is my friends are also virgins and they are really happy. Because they have the mindset of no-sex-before-marriage and they think losing your virginity before marriage is abnormal. So I am trying to get into their mindset so as to become happy

Archived