Virgin Poll...Who's still a virgin?

iwishiknew

Despite popular belief, we shameful nonvirgins were once morally decent virgins.

....exactly,

I'm just curious quiet girl (I just started looking at this thread) but are you waiting for marriage or a long-term relationship? And if so, how will you determine when the time is "right"? Just wonderin

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
....exactly,

I'm just curious quiet girl (I just started looking at this thread) but are you waiting for marriage or a long-term relationship? And if so, how will you determine when the time is "right"? Just wonderin

I want to lose my virginity via long term relationship or marriage and i haven't decided which path i want to take just yet.How will i know when is the right time?I have to have a commitment,loyality, strong verbal intimacy with a man.

I sure did.

Despite popular belief, we shameful nonvirgins were once morally decent virgins.

I think thats arguable. Because I, for one, never made virginity part of my identity. Like how so many people who are virgins just must proclaim that their virginity is part of who they are. Or for those who are still virgins and hate the fact of being so make it a part of themselves they dislike and want to change.

Okay that is generalizing, but I still think if you never made virginity part of who you are then when you go from being one to not being one, morally, you haven't changed. So I have never been a virgin in the sense it was part of how I defined myself. And currently not being a virgin isn't any part of how I define myself either. There are lots of "firsts" in a person's life, but I don't remember or celebrate the first time I ate cake, or the first time I wore shoes. In the long run I do not see how one's virginity status is important at all...oh, aside from the absurd social labeling that it seems every culture ever has associated with it (more for girls than for boys though I believe).

the empty drawer,

I'm going to speak for some of the adult virgins out there but most virgins don't wear our virginity identity offline but online, yes.

Anothe point,Your virginity wasn't part of your identity but i bet your nonvirginity is now. empty drawer, any time you(nonvirgin) talks about sex in public you're bragging about who you are and the same thing goes for me when i talk about my virginity.I guess virgins and nonvirgins are making a big deal about eachother lives.

Turning 20 at the end of this month and still a virgin!

I haven't set the flag at marriage. I had a long-term boyfriend from about 15-18. We never had sex; both of us weren't ready.

Now, with my current boyfriend (someone I deeply trust and feel bonded to), we probably will. I've visited him and slept in the same bed with him, but it hasn't happened yet. Will happen when it happens (maybe in the next 2 weeks when I get to see him again!). But for the first time, I feel totally comfortable with having sex with someone and I feel willing and ready.

But as of now, still virgin material.

For me, the virginity isn't really the issue... it's the preoccupation with wanting to know what it's like, that I was never able to resolve and put behind me.

Every time I read a story from some guy who just had his first time, the little kid inside me wants to jump up and down and shout WHAT'S IT LIKE? WHAT'S IT LIKE? like some kind of idiot.

I wonder if all unwilling adult virgins have that?

Actually, honestly, I'm not at the least captivated by stories of some guy who had his first time. I've heard first-time stories where an older virgin guy contracted herpies - it was is first and only time, but he contracted an STD which he didn't have before since he couldn't wait for the right girl.

Seriously, all it takes is one sex act with an infected girl and you will regret the STD for the rest of your life. How is life with HIV, Herpes or STD's, well, I'll tell you one thing, there is no little kid in me saying "WHAT'S IT LIKE, HOW IS IT LIKE TO HAVE AIDS, HERPES AND LOSE MY VIRGINITY WITH A GIRL WHO SLEEPS WITH EVERYONE AND IS LADEN WITH DISEASES" - I'd spank that little kid if I were you, because you see the 'ENTRANCE', but you dont see the 'EXIT' where you live with consequences the rest of your life.

the empty drawer,

I'm going to speak for some of the adult virgins out there but most virgins don't wear our virginity identity offline but online, yes.

Anothe point,Your virginity wasn't part of your identity but i bet your nonvirginity is now. empty drawer, any time you(nonvirgin) talks about sex in public you're bragging about who you are and the same thing goes for me when i talk about my virginity.I guess virgins and nonvirgins are making a big deal about eachother lives.

For me, I have never talked about my personal sex life in a public place. Sure, I have talked privately with a few very close friends...but I dread it whenever I hear people like "So when did you lose it?" or something along those lines.

Luckily since graduating High School I haven't heard people talk about their sex lives in a public place. And I am very happy about that!!! Because I probably don't want to know, and talking online about sex is more comfortable for me than talking in person.

Though you do have an interesting idea, people making a big deal out of each other's lives. Even though I haven't heard people talking about their own sex experiences in public I still hear people who say they are virgins and will stay that way til marriage. Albeit I don't hear this as often since I graduated High School, but occasionally I hear someone talking about how they are a virgin...in a public place I mean, so yes, I am one of those eavesdroppers.

But right now for me when I go to public places its my college, or the mall, a bookstore, grocery store, and no where else regularly. If I went to bars I bet I would hear a lot more sex talk than I do now, or if I went to a Church. Thankfully my college seems mellow in the drinking and party rituals that can overwhelm other colleges, and thus no sex scandals or other drama that can result from such reckless behavior.

Edit//And I don't involve myself in many social activities right now because even in my mellow college so many people love to get together and drink. I do not drink and do not like to be around people that are drinking. Alcohol itself is not bad, I know this, but its how some people use it that concern me and I want to avoid any bad situation. That opinion of mine usually, and it alone, gets me auto-outed from groups (official or otherwise) in my college. So again, thats probably where some public sex is going on but I ain't around it

I think I lost my point in my own rambling! Since people vary so much a person's virginity status will be less or more important from everything else in their lives being the base for how they feel about virginity. Someone growing up being told that virginity is a precious gift from God from their parents and Church may value it more than a person whose parents did nothing to educate their child about sex and virginity and that child had only the TV set to listen too for morals and values. So a person's background influences about the topic of virginity are something to consider heavily in my opinion.

Because I am one old and ugly broad at 32. Men aren't keen on the idea of an old ugly 32 year old broad. That's why no one will touch me within 10 feet

That comment really sank my heart hoss.

I see you posting cheerful posts day in and day out....never complaining...always complimenting ppl....yet, you feel this way about yourself? I would've never guessed.

I think you have a heart of gold lady...and a body I'd die for. I think your face is very pretty...and YOU CAN RIDE!

And, if your old then I'm ancient! You have a lot to be proud of...

Because I am one old and ugly broad at 32. Men aren't keen on the idea of an old ugly 32 year old broad. That's why no one will touch me within 10 feet

Hoss,

As a guy, I'm horrified at the thought that such an amazing woman would even think such a thing. If you're ugly, I'm the the Queen of England, but no Corgis are sleeping at my feet.

I'm still a virgin

a girl that i have been talking to for the past 3 months and am taking to prom asked me if i was a virigin the other nite, i told her yes she thought that was very cute and sweet

my question is what would urge her to ask me that? and does it have an underlying meaning?

Archived