The Dating Game--Guys Vs Girls

musicguy

I just thought of this right now, but I was just wondering about this, what gender can get dates easier...males or females?? It seems to me that females can get more dates than males, then again that may be too general of a statement being that I'm a male who hasn't had a lot of dates. I dunno, what do you think?

Hi,

I don't think it's really a gender issue of who gets more dates. I'd say it's pretty equal overall.

In getting dates, anyone with looks has a great advantage. An attractive looking person will get a ton more dates than an average looking person. An attractive looking person that carries him/her self well will get even more. If you're cute and are enjoying life then others take notice.

I do think being attractive and confident would help, no matter what the gender. If I went out and asked 10 guys out, and a man of equal attractiveness and spot in life went out and asked 10 guys out, I think I might have a slight advantage because of the "novelty" factor. because (from what I have read on ENA), most men do not get asked out and they would just find it intriguing. ie, they would go out with me more just because I, as a woman, asked them, not because they were interested in dating me. But, ok, that is just my opinion.

women by far. most guys are *desperate* and will date anything remotely attractive. all a decent girl has to do to get someone to hit on her is stand in the middle of a crowded bar.

Like I said, go to a city where the females outnumber the males, like Charleston, SC. You will see just how wrong you are, lol.

Cities where women (greatly) outnumber men aren't common, so don't be disappointed if most of us don't experience it. It's the norm that men outnumber or equal the number of women present at most social events I attend.

Easiest dates?

Attractive women, unquestionably. They don't give many signals of interest and also are a bit jaded. They might give you the time of day if you can get past the {mod edit} tests and {mod edit} shields first.

That won't keep a lot of guys from trying, and she'll get many wannabe suitors. Pick and choose. That's as easy as it gets when it comes to getting date OFFERS, but that doesn't mean she necessarily dates more.

• 2 months later...

i think the power is usually in the woman. when a woman hits on a guy, chances are he will talk to her. when a woman hits on a chick, odds are either she will turn around if not interested or put up with him for a bit to see if he is interesting. guys seem more interested in hooking up than women.

Easiest dates?

Attractive women, unquestionably.

Uh, yep. Doubtless.

And as ghost said, it's almost always the woman who initiates interest in the male and signals that he can approach her without being shot down like a war plane. If that's not there, he may be risking rejection.

What matters isn't who gets dates easier or how many dates one gets. What matters is the quality of the people you date.

If you date just one person and that person is right for you, it's better than dating 10,000 others who are not right for you..

Yes. Very well put. I think it's easier for guys - a little bit - because they get to do the asking (at least in my experience) and that gives them more control, but I suppose men believe that women wield the power of rejection . .. .

The person who does the asking is the one who risks losing out in the relationship, because they have to make the other person happy to be accepted.

For me, I have liked girls before, only to have them play games with my heart. That is why I have never had a serious relationship before. So I will never enter into a relationship unless the girl likes me first. I want to see how committed she really is...she is the one who has to do the asking...

The person who does the asking is the one who risks losing out in the relationship, because they have to make the other person happy to be accepted.

For me, I have liked girls before, only to have them play games with my heart. That is why I have never had a serious relationship before. So I will never enter into a relationship unless the girl likes me first. I want to see how committed she really is...she is the one who has to do the asking...

Actually, that's not true in my experience. The person who asks me does not have to "make me happy" - if I am attracted to and interested in him as a person (or at least feel some potential for future attraction) I will say yes. That attraction and interest isn't because of him "making me happy" it's just because of who he "is" without "trying."

And, I have asked men out without being "committed" in any way to them - and men who are not committed to me have asked me out - that seems to be a very high (unrealistic?) standard you have. Obviously you want to play it safe but if you play it too safe you can miss out on opportunities.

Id say men have a slight advantage, they are typically the approacher.

For real? I think it's all relative. Not being the proverbial ladies man, I would say it's much easier for a woman to get a date. But I can see how some dude who gets women without needing to look in their direction would say it's a guys advantage.

Just because we approach, doesn't mean anything if you ask me...

I don't know about any other guy but I've asked a lot more girls out than have gotten dates so I'm not sure what world everyone else is living in. Lots of factors at play though, maybe I'm not doing/saying the right stuff. I dunno.

I just thought of this right now, but I was just wondering about this, what gender can get dates easier...males or females?? It seems to me that females can get more dates than males, then again that may be too general of a statement being that I'm a male who hasn't had a lot of dates. I dunno, what do you think?

How does it really matter? Are you thinking of gender change? The thing is to play with cards you got...

Definitely women. Undeniably when you break it down to individual cases it goes either way, i.e as a male, I probably have an easier time getting dates then some women do, but the key is that in the aggregate women have it easier and its for this reason:

When there's a shy woman that is too nervous or scared to ask someone out herself, she will get approached and asked out eventually. When there's a shy man, he is very unlikely to be asked out ever and thus his dating probability is substancially lower as he won't ever ask anyone out himself.

How does it really matter? Are you thinking of gender change? The thing is to play with cards you got...

lol

O.k. I am going to ingore okie now...and going to concentrate to give a good answer.

Let me see....

hm....

hm.....

Hm...

I'm still thinking......

I have no ideaimage removed