Strip clubs and stripping....

I was wondering what other people thought, male/female...

If you are a married man or women, is it okay to go to strip clubs?

and, would anyone ever marry a stripper? Would you allow your spouse to start stripping after you were already married. Would you let them if you yourself liked to frequent strip clubs?

I want to know what you think!!!

I think that strip clubs are like anything else in life, once it becomes an obsession then it is a problem but in moderation I do not have a problem with them. This goes for married men and women as well. I see no reason to disqualify a person just because of their profession if they met my stringent criteria then I would date them and if it ended up in marriage then so be it. My only complaint is that you cannot be a stripper forever and eventually it will become time to find something else. If that was something that my wife wanted to do then so be it.

Personally I've only ever been to a strip club once & I found the bubbles rising in my beer more interesting than the girl on the pole

I think going to a strip club for a stag do or similiar is ok but to frequently attend is not.

I don't think I could marry a stripper. If she had been a stripper then that would be ok (might be quite beneficial even )

Should my partner wish to start stripping then I'd be in the same boat as LostInMyThoughts; we wouldn't be married very long.

My current partner wishes to go to a strip club (to watch) as she has never been before, I have no problem with her going with the girls or myself for that matter. Shes just curious about it

hmmmmm... Strip Clubs are fun. Why the questions? Are you thinking of a new proffession and BF isn't to secure with it?

I think as a man you'd have to be very secure in yourself to have your wife or GF stripping. I'm not going not going to even use the word... "ALLOW" because the word shouldn't be used in a relationship. Relationships are about sharing each others lives... not about parenting each other.

If you are a married man or women, is it okay to go to strip clubs? sure if your partner is comfortable with it.

and, would anyone ever marry a stripper? Well I wouldn't dismiss him because of it, but it's not something i would want

Would you allow your spouse to start stripping after you were already married? I would really question why they feel the need to get that kind of attention from so many others. so No I don't think it would be appriopriate. but they are free to do what they want, I might not stay married though

Would you let them if you yourself liked to frequent strip clubs? still don't think that changes my answer

Interesting questions...

No, No No and ooohhhh

NO! However many questions there were, they are all NO.

Its a bad idea on both sides, for client and stripper. What a way to dumb down and degrade human sexuality. Surely, a special right to sexual intimacy is part of what makes a relationship great. Strippers merely commercialize it. It's essentially saying - "I am paying in order to get turned on by someone who is not my significant other. Gosh, I really have no respect for them at all!"

A stripper is saying "I have no better asset than just getting naked and taking money off jerks, and I lack motivation etc to seek a decent job where you know, I keep my clothes on".

I am female

I'm not married. If I were, I would have no problem with my husband going to a strip club. I would have a problem with him going often. I would also have a problem with him not inviting me.

and, would anyone ever marry a stripper? Would you allow your spouse to start stripping after you were already married. Would you let them if you yourself liked to frequent strip clubs?

Yeah, sure. I think this would be great. Male strippers are not treated like crap the way female strippers are.

If I were a man or a lesbian, NO I wouldn't be with a woman who stripped. I wouldn't lose respect for a woman who was a stripper, but I wouldn't want my significant other to be degraded like that.

In order of what you asked me:

1) I think it's OK for both if it's for a special occasion (bachlor/ette party and so forth).

2) I would NEVER marry a stripper no matter what.

3) No if my spouse started stripping, I would leave her that day. But the person I would marry wouldn't be the type to do it anyway.

4) I don't like to frequent them and never have. But I would go for a special thing and then no, I would not allow it.

I would not marry someone who enjoyed going to strip clubs and spent their time and money there. Yet I would not go so far as to tell the person they could never go- i.e. if my husband's brother or close friend has a bachelor party at one, I would not tell him he could not go.

and, would anyone ever marry a stripper?

I wouldn't.

Would you allow your spouse to start stripping after you were already married.

Never.

Would you let them if you yourself liked to frequent strip clubs?

It's hard for me to answer that question since I have no interest in strip clubs. But I guess that my answer would be no.

The boundaries and opinions on this issue really depend on the couple.

BellaDonna

I am female...

I think married or not, it is okay on an INFREQUENT basis (i.e. for bachelor/ette parties, a birthday) as long as you are honest with one another about it and as I said it is not a regular thing. I would not date someone whom went all the time not based on fact there were naked women, but because that is just not a lifestyle that I would feel comfortable with in general. Someone whom frequents any bar that much is not someone I would be very compatible with, and I would be even less comfortable if someone felt the need to go to the strip bar all the time.

But for the occasional thing, sure. I have gone to them before too a handful of times for parties, or when I was in the military it was somewhere my coworkers would sometimes go after working the weekend for beers. I used to date someone whom worked up north and I kid you not but the ONLY bar in town was also the strip joint so he would go once a week on Fridays with all his coworkers (male and female) and that was fine with me too.

And no, I would not marry someone whom was a stripper, and I guarantee my boyfriend would not marry me if I was a stripper either; nor date someone whom was as it is definitely not within his comfort zone! He has gone to strippers before, I think when he was much younger he went a few times for the typical 18th birthday boys night out, and in the time we have been dating he has gone once with his boss & coworkers on a business trip; and he went when he was in Vegas with his buddies last spring. He told me of both times and I was more interested in how the rules were different down there about it then they are here than anything else I would NOT be okay with lapdances though, and he agrees with this anyway so no conflict there

Depends on what the people in the relationship work out.

and, would anyone ever marry a stripper?

No, but I don't see myself marrying anybody.

There's something about being a male stripper that kindof hilarious and not dignified in a away female stripers will never achieve.

Would you allow your spouse to start stripping after you were already married. Would you let them if you yourself liked to frequent strip clubs?

I can't make or let any one do anything. Marrying someone doesn't give you control over a persons actions, but I would express some concerns.

If I liked to frequent strip clubs and told my partner they couldn't strip, I think that would be hippocritical really in a way.

If your married to me...no. If you've seen em once, thats enough...

would anyone ever marry a stripper?

No.

Would you allow your spouse to start stripping after you were already married. Would you let them if you yourself liked to frequent strip clubs?

Sure he could. I would leave..

I was wondering what other people thought, male/female...male

If you are a married man or women, is it okay to go to strip clubs? not married but I believe it's OK so long as it is a once in a while type of thing.

and, would anyone ever marry a stripper? no way!!!!!! I wouldn't want other guys looking at my wife, i don't think that too many men would. I wouldn't mind dating a stripper for a little while - they might be interesting but marriage no way.

Would you allow your spouse to start stripping after you were already married. um, no.....i mean she can do what she wants but hey, I'd be walking!!!!

Would you let them if you yourself liked to frequent strip clubs I don't really frequent (though i have gone) but because I know what goes on there then I wouldn't want a spouse stripping. It's pretty undigified.

• 2 weeks later...
hmmmmm.... mixed feelings on this topic. I guess if you dont mind thinking of your partner being arroused by someone else- probably wishing they could have them, than strip clubs are okay. But I kind of think that might open other doors. Temptation would be greater.

I would "see" a stripper but I would not "be with" one. If I am just messing around with someone, I don't care what they do as long as I don't catch anything. If It's someone I am with and care about and they want to strip, I am gone and hope they catch a disease lol.

My roommate in college striped at night and paid her way through school and she is now a successful veterinarian. She is no longer striping, but she made very good money while she was striping. I use to go see her all the time at the strip club and it's not as bad as you think. Guys can't touch girls (well not in the main room and not without putting out allot of money) and it's just a show on the stage for guys to watch. You would also be surprised by how many girls are in strip clubs either with there boyfriend or just there for the show and drinks specials. It's a real turn on to guys to go with there girlfriends. It's the whole two girls together fantasy guys have and this is as close to a threesome as some guys will ever get. Don't knock them until you go to one and experience first hand for yourself they can be allot of fun!

I was wondering what other people thought

At the end of the day, is a job. Just like what Britney does in the MTV awards, but with a smaller audience and much less money in return. Is just about the level of hypocresy. Britney is the role model of many 12 year old girls and strippers are a major gasp and the scum of earth for some people.

There are as many answer as married people in the world. I´d just like to comment that, if marriage didn´t exist, there would be 85% less strip clubs and prostitutes out there. Guaranteed.

What is he? My spouse or my underaged son? Is not about me letting him or him letting me. Or being married is being under your spouse´s command? Interesting. Maybe that´s why so many marriages do not work...