Hope for the Curvy Girls??

HI forum!

The guy Ive recently hit it off with is a pretty skinny/slim guy, not scrawny or anything...I am curvy...and no that isnt code word for plus sized. It is just the way im built..I work out several times a week, but im never going to be waif thin.

My question is if youre a guy who is on the thin side, are you looking for a girl who is equally small structured?

I should add that I do get hit on quite often, but ive always been self conscious that im not shaped like an average size 4 girl...probably just my own issues...

Im not sure if this was directed only for guys, but here are my 2 cents...

"My question is if youre a guy who is on the thin side, are you looking for a girl who is equally small structured?"

That question has as many aswers as thin guys out there.

But the answer you're looking for is the one of YOUR thin guy.

Point is, no matter how many polls you start towards this... The one you should be asking is the guy you're into. Cuz HIS answer is the one that matters, isn't it?

So why aren't you just upfront about it? What's the worst that can happen?

Good luck.

I think she is just looking for a little reassurance here.

BrokenHeart - BC is right that ultimately it will depend on what is attractive to this guy.

However, I know that there's no code like:

Skinny guys only want rail thin girls or

Built guys only want curvy girls, etc. etc. etc.

I know lots of men that are skinny scrawny and their girlfriends are not. Actually, I've heard of men that say they wouldn't ever date a "skinny girl."

I think you'll be fine!

Well that's what I'm saying. There are no "rules for attraction" really.

Yeah some guys are shallow, some others are not, and some others preffer curvey girls, in despite what mass media may say. In other words, well to each his own. And, whatever that creams your twinkie. And his.

I think the reassurance you need, is where your skinny guy.

Im probably just being silly...he asked me out for Friday and has spent hours with me on the phone...so I dont think its because hes not interested.

I am a girl who's dated many different kinds of men because while attraction is important, theres many things about someone that can be attractive (as long as the personality is there).

I guess I shouldnt oversimplify men out there.

I cannot speak for thin guys as a rule, and I don't think there is a rule.

But, many men like curvy women, and I think most men prefer some curves. If you are in good shape physically, I am sure you get male attention. It's not so much your measurements with most men, it is your physical condition. A waif thin woman who looks like she would be blown over is not so attractive.

I think a girl with curves is elegant and sexy. I think this does come down to being happy within yourself, and making the most of what god gave you. Dont forget, we all distort our appearance in the mirror! Dont be hard on yourself, I'm sure you are fine.

Hm, I think I might be one of those "curvey" girls. No, I'm not overweight -- I have been at the bottom of my "healthy" weight range and also at the very top. Guess what? My hips didn't change! It's all bones and shape, baby!

I used to be obsessed with stuff like that. Especially about the hips; my sister, who has the same hips, went through the same thing. I have wide hips. And big boobs. I suppose that makes me "curvey" and not "society's ideal."

I can eat less and and make the boobs smaller when I lose weight, but alas, the hips never change. It's just my shape.

I finally decided to stop caring about this stuff and focused on just being healthy. I'm not underweight; I'm not overweight. I'm just... me. Yeah, could use some toning, but, whatever... I'll get to it after I get my degree!

But let me add -- I live in a big city with hills, walk all the time, and though I'm not skinny/underweight (I'd say I'm average weight), I get hit on ALL the time, guys staring at me, etc. And my current boyfriend is skinny. I keep telling him I need to feed him more -- he's a lucky one -- he's 6'4" and has a high metabolism. We can't connect on this because he says I eat too little, and I have to forego meals to keep up with him! He has to eat A LOT to maintain his current skinny weight. (Yes, I'm jealous.)

But, he's sweet, loves my hips, my butt, my breasts, and tells me I have a "perfect" body. I know -- he's exaggerating. Thought I'm not "perfect," I can TELL his skinny a** loves my body, despite my not being a Hollywood "10."

haha - I love your spin, Dawn. Your post!

I too am a curvy girl. One that used to try so hard to "lose the curves" because they looked more like fat to me. One that loses the chest as soon as I start dieting but the bum is still there forever. lol I could tone up a bit too but don't.

A couple years ago, I accepted that I can't be stick skinny like I wanted to be. I started eating 3 meals a day. I'm up 10 - 15 lbs from what my goal weight has always been but lately, I feel great about myself when I look in the mirror.

If you are already in the initial stages of dating/friendship with this guy regardless of his size then he is most likely already attracted to you and I dont feel that being "curvy" is going to be a problem. If you have made it this far then why would there be a problem?

As far as thin guys they are just like any other guy, I have friends who are thin who like thin girls and I have friends that are thin who like bbw's. I dont think that your curvyness is going to be a problem just have fun with the situation.

I just thought of something else.

Try to take a step back here. I know you've had good conversation with him and I understand the anxieties of meeting someone for the first time. It seems that you are thinking into this quite a bit.

But I think you should stand confident and meet with him without expecting too much. If you can get the mindset "I'm beautiful and I am meeting with a dear friend," maybe you won't worry?

This is the first time meeting and should be treated like it.

If you're curvy in the true sense of the word...having a distinctly hourglass shape...then you probably have a body like Marilyn Monroe or Jane Russell, and I find it hard to believe any guy would turn that down!

I have been described as being a "brick house" before lol...

Yes I am curvy in the true sense of the word...very nipped in waist and curved hips...

Everybody is different. There is no "ideal" or "average" woman as I see it. It's how it all fits together that is important.

The variety is endless and wonderful.

If your body, personality, height, weight, hair colour, eye colour and everything else fits together and makes you who you are then he'll love you for who you are regardless of exactly what you look like. If you're happy with yourself that's all you need to make him happy with you as well.

If you're curvy in the true sense of the word...having a distinctly hourglass shape...then you probably have a body like Marilyn Monroe or Jane Russell, and I find it hard to believe any guy would turn that down!

sorry to deviate from the thread for a moment, but is that a picture of Nico as in Velvet Underground, Exploding Plastic Inevitable?

Oh yes, personally I think cury girls even somewhat overweight girls are or can be attractive. I don't think there's any hard and fast rules.

batchainpuller

sorry to deviate from the thread for a moment, but is that a picture of Nico as in Velvet Underground, Exploding Plastic Inevitable?

Yes, and after three years of having this as my eNotalone avatar (most of the time, anyway), you are only the third person to recognize who it is!

I'mthatgirl,

When I was at my thinnest -- and naturally thinking I was all that -- was when I ate a fairly okay breakfast, a teeny lunch, and then -- I'm ashamed to admit -- a soy latte for dinner every day.

Did I lose weight? Yep! And where did it come off first? Yeah, the boobs. Grrr... I ended up with the basically same body, (hip bones weren't goin' anywhere!), but smaller boobs. Then I just gave up.

I mean, I eat well (I'm a vegetarian), and don't stuff myself or anything, and I take public transportation so I'm walkin' alot, but yeah, I think, "Hmm, need to lose a bit here.. what if [insert whatever]." Then I don't do it. Too much work and school to worry about, I guess. Yeah, maybe I'll get back on that crazy diet some other day... or NOT.

But to the OP -- I've had PLENTY of good-looking guys all over me, even though they were, well, kinda skinny! In fact, most men are not attracted to overly skinny women. They like curves. Don't sweat it. And men who do like skinny women -- that's just THEIR aesthetic, let them be. It's not the majority though.

I am a slim guy and like women of all shapes and sizes. However skinny or overweight they must have curves to them or it's unattractive.

There are those skinny women that have no muscle tone, or no natural curves. Everything is just straight and flat, yuck.

There are also larger women then instead of having shape everything is dripping and sagging, also not good.

One thing that attracts men whether or not they are conscious of it or not is the hip to waist ratio. The smaller the waist in comparison to the hips the more men will notice or be drawn to it. Of course there are exceptions to every rule.

If this guy has dated you a couple of times though, just have confidence in yourself, he likes you. If you want to make changes in your appearance, based ONLY on what YOU feel, then make the changes. If you feel you need to change for others, DON'T, enjoy yourself.

Close to facts: if you opened up a Playboy from the 1950s, you would see curvier women than those you would see in it today. I've had a copy of link removed, so I have a good basis on which to say this. The shapes of the women in it have changed, tending toward slimmer women. But there are exceptions, with thinner women in the earlier years, say before the later 1970s, and curvier women in later years, such as Anna Nicole Smith.

If you were to look for the universals, the things they had in common, one you would find is the ratio of their waist to their hips. You'd come out with the waists being as a rule somewhere about 0.65 to 0.75 of their hip size. Which means that they have as a rule some shape to them besides straight up and down.

And no woman can serious contend that a major percentage of men do not like breasts.

I'll hazard a guess and say that Beec didn't mind doing this bit of research for us ...

That info came straight off the top of my head. The research was done long in the past. And it was reading, not just checking out pictures. Although, I have checked out pictures and enjoyed doing so.