if you kiss someone you're attracted to, and they're horrible, major turnoff?

I think people (myself included) tend to assume that if there are sparks flying between two people, when they kiss it will be "perfect" and movie-style, because that's kind of what they pictured in their heads...that said, if I really, really like someone, I might be taken aback a bit, but I would be more than willing to work with them to make our kissing styles more...uh, compatible.

yeah.. I agree wtih Gattsuga... I would much rather have a "conservative" kisser than have a girl that sticks her tongue down my throat after a date or 2...

I want my first kisses with a girl to be "gentle" then progress to something a bit more aggresive down the road..

It is a turn off to lack kissing style alignment, but you can get past it. They might be AWESOME at other stuff Nerves or 'keeness' can also make their style a bit off if it's the first few times with a new person.

If all else is great, I reckon give these folk a chance. A friend of mine married the guy she originally thought couldn't kiss at all.

yeah.. I agree wtih Gattsuga... I would much rather have a "conservative" kisser than have a girl that sticks her tongue down my throat after a date or 2...

I want my first kisses with a girl to be "gentle" then progress to something a bit more aggresive down the road..

Me too....I agree with Lansing.

in my experience, it is a major turn off. First of all there's physical attraction, and date goes great, start to get a little closer and then the kiss. whoa it turned out this person is not a good kisser, what do u do? do you stay with that person until he/she learns how to kiss? um in my case no. i've tried that, went out with someone who physically was a 10! but when it came to kissing, that person sucked! i went out with that person again to see if i could work thru it but it didnt happen. So what i'm saying it depends on the person

This thread stings me a little.

Well, I was dumped because I was told AFTER he dumped me that he don't like the way I kiss, and that was two days later. When he first dumped me and that was over email, he said it was because of my back pain and that scared him.. I didn't buy it and got him to tell me the truth.

He never told me that I was a bad kisser and that was the first time I have ever heard of a complaint like that. The guys I had dated always told me I was a great kisser.

So that really crushed me.

Thanks to him, I am afraid to kiss again.

I recently hooked up with someone who was a horrible kisser. Somehow he would open is mouth too wide and try to kiss me with his teeth. Basically his teeth were gyrating against the inside of my lips. I don't even know who to explain it. I ended up with slobber all over my face and and bite marks inside my mouth.

He was a really good looking guy but the kissing was bad. I enjoyed his company and we slept togther a couple of times. I don't know anything much about his dating history either. I'm guessing he wasn't all that experienced.

I'm not even going to comment on the oral sex...

Yes a turn off at first....But give them a second chance.

I once kissed this girl the first night we were out and it was horrible. I felt like she was a doll and hardly moved her lips. We kissed again the next night and it was like night and day. Great. Turned out she was just too drunk to perform the night before.