Why do you hate your mother?

Boughtandpaidfor

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am angry that there is this largely accepted false notion amongst our society that your parents "love" you and that you should respect them. Parents are PEOPLE, and just like everyone else they are subject to the same kind of ignorance, sadism or delusion.

Yes this is what I TRULY hate!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am angry that there is this largely accepted false notion amongst our society that your parents "love" you and that you should respect them. Parents are PEOPLE, and just like everyone else they are subject to the same kind of ignorance, sadism or delusion.

I teach kids- but only sometimes- if I had to deal with kids all the time I would be sadist too. But thats no excuse.

If I have to listen to one more parent APOLOGISE to me because her 2 YEAR OLD child isnt concentrating on her English lesson I'll cut my balls off and fight to end the human race. Parents are terrible terrible crazy crazy people

Especially my mother

This DOES feel SO good!

Someday when my children are old enough

to understand the logic that motivates a parent, I will tell them:

I loved you enough to ask where you were going,

with whom and what time you would be home.

I loved you enough to insist that you save your money and buy a bike

for your self even though we could afford to buy one for you.

I loved you enough to be silent and let you discover

that your new best friend was a creep.

I loved you enough to make you take a Milky Way back to the drugstore

(with one bite out of it) and tell clerk, " I stole this yesterday and want to pay for it."

I loved you enough to stand over you for two hours while you cleaned your room, a job that would have taken me 15 minutes.

I love you enough to let you see anger, disappointment and tears in my eyes. Children must learn that their parents aren't perfect.

I loved you enough to let you assume responsibility for your actions when the penalties were so harch they broke my heart.

But most of all, I loved you enough to say NO when I knew you would hate me for it. Those were the most difficilt battles of all.I'm glad I won them because in the end, you won too.

Being a mother isn't an easy job, and while you are finding all the things that make you want to hate your mother remember this; more than likely you too will be a parent someday if you aren't already, how will you deal with your child when they say they hate you ....for you just being you?

I teach kids- but only sometimes- if I had to deal with kids all the time I would be sadist too. But thats no excuse.

If I have to listen to one more parent APOLOGISE to me because her 2 YEAR OLD child isnt concentrating on her English lesson I'll cut my balls off and fight to end the human race. Parents are terrible terrible crazy crazy people

Especially my mother

This DOES feel SO good!

LOL Happytown...

This is a very serious matter but that post was funny.

And I agree with the Red queen. Some parents try hard and others just drop the ball...

My mom, bless her heart, really tried and I think did a good job...But her passive nature repulses the hell out of me.

She will not stand up and fight for anything...and I get sick of her using christianity as a crutch.

LOL Happytown...

This is a very serious matter but that post was funny.

And I agree with the Red queen. Some parents try hard and others just drop the ball...

My mom, bless her heart, really tried and I think did a good job...But her passive nature repulses the hell out of me.

She will not stand up and fight for anything...and I get sick of her using christianity as a crutch.

Wait are you my long lost brother cause I swear you are describing my mother to the T.

I hate that my mother is so religious that she totally denied herself ANY happiness...She stayed in a rotten marraige to a belligerent alcoholic because it was "the christian thing to do." She allowed my malignant siblings to physically and emotionally abuse me because she was scared to stand up to them.

WOW, scary similarities here, scary!!!

doyathink - your post has made me cry. Thank you so much for sharing that with us.

I can only hope that I can do all of those things for my kids. I try... I sure do try.

You are so sweet, I used to think the way some of you do here. I loathed my mother....then....one day...low and behold, I was in her shoes! Oh we mess up big time as parents, sometimes when we think, 'now which direction should I take this'?????.... Unfortunately we take the wrong one!

There is no book of do's and don'ts, we learn as you learn and kids are the guinea pigs and experments....

I've been researching about releasing pent up anger- and came accross something that said that people hold in anger to their mother because if they express it they're afraid she will leave- and that is too frightening.

So I want to roll with that-

PLease let me know what you're angry at (if you are,- maybe I'm off base)

NOTE= Nothing too recent in your life- go for the most base anger event you can remember.

I'm angry with my mother for ............. getting overinvolved and taking control of everything creative I ever tried to do when I was young.

Wow... How terribly sad.

My childhood wasn't exactly the best. Actually it was far from the best. I have evaluated my childhood and determined that alot of my personality was formed by it and alot of the not so good times gave me some complex.

I never would hold onto anger towards my parents. There's no parenting handbook. There's no set way to do it. There's no money handed to parents to provide for their children either. Parenting is probably one of the most difficult and exhausting parts of life. My parents didn't make all the right mistakes but they made the best choices in what was available to them and us. I look up to my parents for doing as well as they did with what they had to work with and am very proud of them.

Archived