How do men feel about a size 14 woman?

The sizing system is different in Britain. It's the same in Australia. Size 6 is the equivalent of a size 0 in the U.S.

I used a size converter, size 6 in the UK is a size 4 in the US: link removed

I'm not sure if that conversion website is completely right, my pants say they're US size 6 (Spanish 38), but then if I use the website it says 8

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, i wont lied, regardless of whether or not i get berated. i tend to be attracted to smaller/skinnier girls. 5'0 to 5'5 and under 120. However, if they're to skinny, that not attractive either. This is just the type of girl that I am attracted to for whatever reasons. Maybe because of my lifestyle, my size? i dont know for sure. I have friends that like different types of girls though. Some like girls who have a little more weight to them. Some like taller girls. Whatever it is, everyone has different tastes and thats why you should accept yourself for what you are. One person may not be attracted to you, but that makes another person want you that much more.

Something else i have noticed is that physical appearance is important, but mostly for that initial attraction. For example, i dated this girl for 4 years and when i met her she was about 5'2 and 105 lbs. She was a short skinny girl. Well, after we broke up i was looking through the pictures from the 4 years we spent together and i realized that her weigh had fluctuated...quite a bit!!! thing is though...it didnt matter. i dont even recall noticing her weight gain. I was still very much attracted to her. So, the physcial aspect was much more important at the beginning when i knew nothing about her personality. once i came to know her for who she was...i loved her regardless of her physcial attributes.

just my thoughts...

I think that maybe this could be a somewhat dangerous topic for guys to be replying to. As a guy I'm not too educated as far as women's sizes go, so I'm merely having the problem picturing the size. I personally find most of the women I see on t.v. much too small. Curves should stick out on a girl, not her bones. Really though, the size is rather irrelevant. As long as your healthy, I don't think it matters. But I also imagine that no matter what your S/O says, it will always come down to how you feel about yourself. I hope it's about the last thing a guy worries about anyways.

Sizing is SO off anyway. Different manufacturers, labels, also have different "sizes". If you go into a boutique a Size 6 will be very small, in a department store, quite larger.

Over the years, they have really changed the sizes. When people refer to Marilyn Monroe for example, they refer to how sizing worked THEN - today she would not be wearing the same "size".

There are also many thin women whom wear larger sizes due to their frame (ie having wider hips) and larger women whom wear smaller sizes as they carry the weight differently so they can wear a "smaller" size than another woman their same height and weight.

Cut also varies the actual "size" and way something fits. I generally wear a Size 4, but I am pretty athletic so have pretty strong/muscular quads & hamstrings, so sometimes the cut won't fit due to fact they often make the pants in those sizes for very thin legs apparently...and I have to go up to a 6 or something. Same thing when I have to go a size up because of my breasts though my frame is smaller, it does not take into account having larger boobs!

I used to be anorexic, don't even know what size I was but everything hung off me. All I can say is...I was not healthier, not happier and did not feel more attractive. I felt more insecure, obsessive, stressed. I may weigh more, but I am stronger, more confident, far healthier and happier...my state of mind is MUCH better. We all have a natural weight for us, and going too above or too below that is not healthy. It's not the weight itself that turns others away, it's sometimes the demonstration of lack of confidence, insecurity, or well, in case of too thin, illness, that turns others away.

Ultimately, rather than the size clothing you wear, I think you need to concentrate more on feeling and looking good for YOU - for your height & frame. Eat healthy, move your body, tone up and feel good about what you have - you can't change the fundamentals, but you can have the best body for YOU and work with what you do have. The thing about weight is...it IS something you CAN change with the right choices. Even your body to a certain point is moldable...not your height, but you can dramatically alter your shape and tone with a healthy diet and right exercise. When YOU feel confident and happy with what you have, you will find it does not really matter so much what the media tells you is "ideal" and there will be many attracted to that confidence & health.

I'm 5'11, weight around 135lbs and use a 6-8 pants size.

Oh my. If you think this is fat then I truly am obese! lol. I'm 5'6 and I weigh 145 pounds. As someone who has had an eating disorder I feel HUGE. I'd give anything to be 5'11 and 135. But I can't even be 5'6 and 130 pounds. For some reason I really can't lose weight. I've had my thyroid checked and everything. But I do understand where you're coming from. After reading what you posted about Spain, its clear I could NEVER live there.

at 5'4" and 175, I'm not obese, I'm over weight cuz there is fat, but I'm also muscular and healthy by all other accounts. I have low blood pressure and heart rate, and all my blood work comes back perfect. My doc says everyone has their own healthy place. I've lost weight to below my current level, but I was constantly hungry until I gained back until I was at this level again. Now my body doesn't demand input all day long. When I exercise I moniter my heart rate and make sure I keep it at or above double my resting rate, at that amount of activity I don't breath harder than normal, I asked my doc if I was still getting a good work out. She said the breathing was great as long as my heart rate was up I was doing work. She's happy so I'm happy, I eat healthy and stay active, but my butt will only fit in 14 jeans.

Carnielian, Aliec. I don't really think I'm obese. lol. I was just exaggerating to make the point that I feel bad for this girl for having to live in an area that actually seems worse about weight than America is. It's pretty bad over here...but it seems that Spain is worse.

Yea Spugly! I really liked your comment. I have noticed bigger men find bigger girls more attractive. That's cool. And I thought about it, I don't particularly care what size a guy is at all. I have found a huge variety of men attractive, so it occurred to me that men are the same way. I have a preference if I was building the perfect man, but my fiance is shorter than I ever thought I would have liked, but I love him exactly the way he is, so I'm beginning to understand a little more...

Oh my. If you think this is fat then I truly am obese! lol. I'm 5'6 and I weigh 145 pounds. As someone who has had an eating disorder I feel HUGE. I'd give anything to be 5'11 and 135. But I can't even be 5'6 and 130 pounds. For some reason I really can't lose weight. I've had my thyroid checked and everything. But I do understand where you're coming from. After reading what you posted about Spain, its clear I could NEVER live there.

Oh, my Lord! This is all so hilarious... Ok, keep in mind that I have just lost close to 50 lbs in the last couple months, I will bite the bullet and tell mine too. I am 5'1" tall, wear a size 8/10 and weigh......

tap-tap-tap-tap-tappitty-tap (drumroll)

165 lbs!

I just don't understand how that is possible when (dangit, who said this?) is like 5'7" and weighs 160something and wears a 14??? How is that possible?

When I was a teenager and wore a size 2 I weighed 140ish and I was only barely 5 ft then....

I still have a bit (quite a bit) to lose, but I was always extra muscular and seriously curvy. I just think I was born in the wrong era... I am waiting for the whole hourglass figure thing to come back in vogue... I have a 27" waist and 40" hips...

I'm 5'4 and weight 135-140 lbs and I absolutely love it! I used to see the skinny girls and feel so bad about myself, but as I got older I learned that they're the ones who are truly jealous. I used to weight 200 lbs at one point, but it was mostly in my thighs and butt. I would complain to my boyfriend (now fiance) and cry to him so much telling him I hated the way I looked. I begged him to help me be what I want to be. He always said no you're beautiful. I believed that he truly found me to be that way, but I knew in my own heart that I had the potential to be healthier and more toned...not skinny. I will never ask to be skinny. Given the choice, I'd take plain old FAT over being skinny. Hell, I've been down the fat road before!

My fiance helped me. Of course it did help that he is 6'2 and just a little over 200 lbs of solid muscle and he used to box in the army. Yeah he could run for miles and I could walk for minutes hahaha I'm j/j, but anyway, I think that weight doesn't matter as long as you find the comfort zone for yourself.

As for the men, I don't think half of them even know what a size 14 is...lol I know Riien doesn't understand female sizes. lol I'd say but I am a 16/18 and he'd be like...uh...I don't know what that is! HAHA! Bless his heart!

To the women, if you find that you're comfortable at a size 14 weighing 150 lbs, then more power to you. If you feel beautiful...then you ARE beautiful!!!

If you feel beautiful...then you ARE beautiful!!!

Well, that's my problem. I don't feel beautiful. I feel like I'm trapped in another person's body. I've had a lot of people tell me that I don't look bad. But it doesn't matter to me what other people think. I was happiest at 125. Heck, I'd take 135 if I could. I felt like ME. I no longer feel at home anymore. I feel like a brain transplant victim. lol. Everytime I look in the mirror I don't see me anymore. And that's scary.

You look in the mirror and see what you COULD be, but what you are not at yet. It makes you feel worse because you know you can do it, right? But you're just...not...doing it. I know exactly how you feel!

I learned when I lost all that weight that it takes ONE day at a time. I did weight watchers and went to curves for women. Personally I can't work out in front of men. I feel uncomfortable. If you can't make it to weight watchers meetings, they have it online. Curves is also great! You get the full workout plus cardio in 30 minutes a day!!

I'm not trying to push you to do all that; I just remember how I felt and then one day I saw my cousin who was ALWAYS bigger than me and she was now a little smaller. That day I said no way! I have to do it.

I do hate that you don't feel beautiful, because not loving the way you look hurts. I know.

Empathy, I know what you mean. I'm 5'2. Usually I stay within my 10 pounds plus or minus range. So that comes to about 110-120 ish. At one point (I had gotten injured and stopped exercising for a period of time during physio) I got to 130 lbs.

Now, that isn't obese, and most wouldn't even consider it fat really. But I hated it. I just didn't feel like 'me'.

There is a range we each feel most comfy in. Where we feel healthy, sexy, and content.

You will get there again, Empathy. Be easy on yourself. You are 20: which means your metabolism is kick-butt and the pounds can melt off so easy. As I crawl closer to that 30 ish mark, I can TELL how much more careful I need to be to maintain.

Let's just say, I have tonnes more empathy for those with some extra pounds now. I am less harsh on myself too.

You may not feel 'as' beautiful, but you surely ARE to those with the eyes to see. It doesn't change with some extra pounds.

About Spain and some of those other European countries: Yes! I empathize with the poor girl who has to look at heroin-crack-skinny fashion images constantly. That is just cruel, eh.

You are 20: which means your metabolism is kick-butt and the pounds can melt off so easy.

Hey, guys. Thanks for all of the kind words. Its why I'm still around here. About the quote...I may be 20 but something has happened to my metabolism. I've been sick for a while and weight gain is one of the symptoms. The weight USED to melt off but not any longer. I exercised for an hour everyday and cut back on what I ate...nothing. I really think my thyroid is messed up since I've been losing hair too. But I can't seem to get a doctor to treat my symptoms and not my test results. My tests keep coming back with in normal range so I couldn't POSSIBLY have a problem. Yeah right...I'm losing my eyebrows! lol. That's a problem. So as you see, sometimes its not as easy as just exercising and cutting back on what you eat. There could be medical problems. And I don't think most guys really understand that. All they see is fat. And its depressing. And its scary that I can't get a diagnosis because I may NEVER get to feel like me again. Anyway. That's enough. I don't want to hijack the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

i am a guy, and i can honestly say that there are shapes and sizes out there for everyone. i am bisexual, but love girls also (i am married) and my wife is a size 14/16. i had previously mostly been out with smaller sized girls, and my only real hang up was with very large bottoms. i liked girls with small breasts, medium, and large, brown hair, blond hair, whatever, but not very large bottoms. my wife though changed my view of all that, although her bottom is in proportion rather than very large, and she is so nice and sexy that i now see all girls in the same way whatever dress size they may be. if they are happy with themselves, and it shines through in their personality, this is what males find attractive. if a girl is clearly unhappy with herself that will come through as well, and be a bit off putting. so in a nutshell. if you are a size or two bigger than you would like, but are happy, you will always attract men. if you are not happy, then you are probably as well to get down to the size that you want. then you will be much happier, and your changed personality will do the rest.

Archived