Letters to our ex's

I remember our trips to Europe and up North, when we first met each other. We couldn't take our eyes off each other, and we had so much fun.

What happened? Everything I said and did started to bother you, yet when I tried to leave, you never wanted me to go.

Why did you have to yell at me, call me names, and hurt me, when you knew how much I loved you? I never put you down or called you names, nor did I make you feel anything but loved. Who cares that I became sensitive when you yelled at me, it hurt.

You lost someone who loved you with all her heart and sole, but I do not want to harbor any bitterness. I pray for your spiritual growth, that someday you may see how much both God and I love you. For me, it will be from a distance, from God, it will be every second of your life.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, what's up? I'm sure since you've gotten down there, you've racked up a few crazy stories, as have I. We might as well stick to what we were best at so drop me a line when you're not too busy wooing all the beach boys down there and we'll catch up.

lata

Dear x,

Here is something that makes me miss you less. You made me angry when you helped me move out, threw out some of my favorite clothes and books(and I do LOVE books), told me that you were proud of me and then turned your back on me a week and a half. I hate what you did to me for the past month and a week.

Hey,

So I’ve finally gotten round to getting all your possessions together and boxing them up, I also put in the stuff that I bought you in the mean time whilst I was wishing you would reconsider me, I hate throwing stuff away so If you don’t want anything you can throw them or give them to people/children, You might not want to throw away that Rolling Stones t-shirt though cos that was £40, maybe put it on ebay or give it to one of your mates, Size 8 t-shirts don’t do much for my masculinity.

I’m keeping this brief because I’m all spent on talking but I want you to know that as long as I live I will remember that I learned my most important lesson in life when you left, on how to be a decent man and boyfriend, at 18 I didn’t have the faintest idea about taking a girl out and romancing the life out of her because I never had to so I never learned, but with you gone I realise now that’s what you girlies want, like my dad says “Girls want to be taken out, go shopping, be warm and be cuddled” At least I got two of those right.

I wish we had of met later on when I was all grown up and aware of what it was I needed to do for a girl, then maybe you would never of had to smudge our pillows with mascara so much.

Aden

P.S. You didn’t have to be scared of me, I only wanted to say hi.

Dear You,

Please stop playing with my emotions. It has been almost 2 months and I am no closer to be over you than I was the day we broke up. Mainly because I can't seem to move into the anger stage.

I know you are getting ready to head into a combat zone. Remember, I was in the same branch of the service as you at one time. I have been there for you through all of this. I know your job, I know there is a chance that you may not come back. No, I don't want anything to happen to you. Just thinking about it rips my heart out. But I cannot be your friend, I cannot and will not talk to you, I cannot and will not visit you before you leave, I will not write to you while you are gone. THE ANSWER TO ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS IS NO. I cannot pretend that what you did to me is okay. You are not worthy of believing being a liar, a cheater and a coward is acceptable behavior. I cannot pretend that I don't love you anymore.

Haven't you done enough? I will not forgive you. Please just go away.

Me

I made the mistake of listening to my voice mail today and your message was still on there. That's the first time I've heard your voice since you left three weeks ago.

I was in a good mood today until I heard that. I don't know why I haven't deleted it yet. Hearing it again just made me feel like ****. I was starting to forget what your voice sounded like. And now, all I have echoing in my head is the way you started the message, "Hey *******". That's not the way I want to remember you, but now, it's all I have left.

I still don't know why you decided to turn to the darkside. I don't know why you left me along with everyone else behind, just so you could see just how much better or worse the grass was in south carolina. You burned us all.

You were such a great person at one time, and it kills me to know all of the pain you're about to go through because I've always been there in the past to help cushion the fall, but I won't be there this time. You don't deserve it.

Girl, I'll be honest, I'm still broken up about you burning our friendship. To hell with the boyfriend / girlfriend thing. It was a 6 month fantasy. The friendship though, that was real. That is what I miss. And now, I can't even do that with you because of what you pulled with that jerk of a friend of yours *.

Why the hell would you tell * all my personal details? Did you ask him to get revenge on me for throwing your stuff out? Was he supposed to pound on me, rob me, break windows in my car?? You TOLD me to throw it out. YOU said you didn't want anything you left behind anymore, including me.

Girl, YOU'RE the one who left. You're the one who left my car with an absolute stranger. You're the one who couldn't be honest and respect the relationship. You're the one who is going to have to fix this because I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry, I tried, and I lost one of my best friends now. I give up.

I know you lied, i don't want you to think your capable of hurting me anymore. I'm past it now. I thought it was all my fault, i ruined things, but i realise now it was you, you were too selfish to love me and i don't understand why you lied.

Dear x,

I still miss you but my love and care for you is dwindling. I feel angry because you hang out with all my friends and I can't because you are there. I really wish that you weren't around right now so I can figure myself out and spend as much time with my friends a possible. I am still angry with you but I know you are gone from my life and your horrible treatment of me will be long forgotten with time. I hope I never see you again. You are a horrible, women, person and former gf.

Feeling better,

redmage22

I havent slept in the bed we both bought together, after being broken up for 2 months, its almost like a phobia.

I want you to miss me, i want you to feel the pain i feel. I want you to be sat wondering what im doing, you deserve this pain.

Maybe not for your decision, but the way you dragged me along like a dogs dinner without a slight bit of consideration, you didnt even hold me, or kiss me or tell me it was ok when you struck out and told me you were staying there. You just said it was for the best, no emotion. How dare you leave me to clean up this mess while you swan off and get a whole new life.

Who does that? in a way im so glad your not the person i fell in love with. I miss you like crazy, im still too much in love with you. I wish you loved me once.

I don;t want you to get a new girlfriend, i know yo will but i am dreading it, the thought of you making love to her and pulling her towards you the way you did to me makes me feel sick, but it will happen and i have to deal.

I love you but i hate you for this

First of all, I LOVE this thread. Thank you for starting it.

Secondly, I'm drunk. So we'll see how this goes...

Dear Whatever the f*ck your name is (even though I do know it)

I hate the way I am now. Because of you I am this partial creature that finds herself talking to NO ONE while driving home. I don't know what to do or what to expect. I'm in limbo right now and I hate it. I don't even know if I was still in love with you before we broke up. I have all these feelings for you but I don't know if they're love. What was it? An obsession?

I tear you apart in my mind and try to figure out what made you soo special. I try to figure out why I let myself become soo captured by you and I honestly come up empty handed. Remember when we would talk about why we loved eachother and we couldn't really say why? I still have no clue. I know a man, someone I have known for years, who I do consider my best friend, and he amazes me. I could never say that about you. You only amazed me with how f*cked up you could be. And how you would do the most horrible things.

I knew you were bad from the beginning. I knew you would hurt me. But you did more then hurt me, and that I don't completely blame you for. I should have left you soo very long ago. But because I didn't, you repeatedly bashed my heart into my rib cage over and over with a bat. And I sat there and took it. I hate who I became while dating you. But thank you for making me stronger.

I also thank you for a lot of other things. Not bad things. Good things. You did influence my life in a lot of positive ways and I thank you for that. I grew a lot with you. Whereas there were soo many times where you killed me inside... There were a lot of amazing and wonderful moments. It's sad it had to end this way. Things could have been incredible but... You really DO need help. You always said that things were cool as long as I was making you happy. But not once did I feel that you asked yourself if YOU were making ME happy. And I know that now you now realize you weren't.

But it's ok. Because someone else will. And I know as much as you will convince or tell yourself that you're ok with that and you're ok with me being with someone else in the future, you never will be. You're just as addicted to me as I was to you. It has always been that way. You use me until you don't want me. You let me go or I go away. And as soon as you realize I'm not "yours" you want me soo bad and you want me back.

But this time is different. Did you know that within the last couple months of our relationship, while lying next to you at night, I would think of the man that would make me soo happy that it made me smile? And he wasn't you? That's what I would think of to get me to fall asleep.

I know he's out there. And I know he isn't you. You're my kryptonite. But I know I will find him one day and I'll run into you at a party and I'll be there with my man. And you'll be alone. And you'll tell me how much you miss me and then my man will come up to me and I'll introduce him to you as my fiance.

Well, maybe that last part is more of a dream but... You know I'll find someone before you do...

Until the next letter.

Signed,

Someone I hope you are seriously upset over.

Fraser,

i genuinely loved you but you broke my heart in such a way that im finding it hard to come out of. you betrayed me, you laughed at my expense and played mind games after the split. what the f*** do you take me for?! i am a human being with feelings you treated me like * * * *, you talked bout your ex girlfriends while we were dating and talked about girls who were into you and it felt like you were doing me some sort of favour by being with me.

you made up rumours about me and my family which i cannot forgive and i hope to god you trip up fraser cos your lies will catch up with you and when they do you wont have a leg to stand on and no one will like you. you are pathetic - you crave sympathy from girls and its a pathetic trait to have. i dont know if i will ever get over you but i dont think i can forgive you either. the fact that you have contacted me seven times after our split - well it shows that you miss me - well i aint no consolation prize and i aint gonna lose my self-respect by takin you back. i hope you regret your decision to split up with me fraser cos i loved you with a true heart - i gave you my all and you gave me pain in return.

however, i will find someone better, i will find someone who will love me and respect me - im sorry i thought that person was you. i love you yet i hate you too.

Dear x,

Thank god I'm slowly and almost completely getting over you now, or at least it feels that way. I still feel the compulsion to tell you how my day has went and to receive praise, love and words of support and encouragement from you. And I still wonder what that violent, fat and obvious stupid guy your dating now has that I don't.

I'll tell you what he has. Willingness. Willingness to take anything he can get. Seriously, you're crazy, selfish, emotionally reclusive, not at all understanding of others, very needy, stupid, fat, unhygenic, sexually unsatisfying and at times very crude. Hell, you even love you f***ing animalms more than you did me. And now your taking in a guy that probably wants whatever he can get, even if he is sleeping with you AND your dogs. You made a fool of me. And my feelings for you are very near a plenary disappearance.

A man who now fully realizes he wasted his love,

Redmage22

Fraser,

i dont know wot the * * * * your game is but this stops right now!! i loved you more than anything - ANYTHING!! i was willing to do anything and everything with you - i almost left everything for you and you threw it back in my face.

yes we are from different worlds - you are catholic and i am indian but i thought that wouldnt matter - i thought our love for each other would prevail. we had it all planned, a year from now we were gonna have our own place. i was gonna leave my family against their wishes and join you because i loved you soo much. im glad i didnt - you were just using me.

on the day of the split - if you wanted to you could have prevented those moments we spent together, i feel used and disgusting. you had the intention of splitting up with me yet you got your way with me - im glad we didnt sleep together.

'nina' your friends mum - she doesnt exist does she?? you made her up so i would stay with you, the fact that she went through soo much with her family because she is indian to be with her man and she finally got him, you made her up. how could i be soo stupid??! ive never met her, ive never talked to her and she emailed me from your email address - God i feel soo stupid!!!

then your mind games after the split. you emailed me and said that you were sorry and you thanked me for the memories and you wouldnt forget me - how you ended up sleeping in a park bench - bull * * * *!! you lie soo much fraser it makes me sick! i didnt want to believe it until i saw it with my own eyes. you told some crap story to your 'ex' who 'whipped' you with a belt bout our split - huh. not only that you told her that my family gave you death threats and they threatened to stab you nine year old brother and we smashed your windows?! you SOB - you never spared your little brother in your web of lies.

two weeks i heard * * * * all from you then i get an email from 'nina' who is emailing me secretly from you email addy - likely story. i read it and i searched for the punchline and i found it 'he cradles his mobile praying for you to call' - aye right! then i get another email the next day from leanne - now your current gf - saying that you were upset. you held a party at your house the next day - you stupid moron! the day after your party i got a missed call from you then a text later in the evening 'r u oky?' - what happened hunny? didnt get the attention you wanted? im glad my sister put you in your place you * * * *!

i texted you regarding those emails (my mistake) and you lied through the skin of your teeth - AGAIN! you sed you never sat your exams and that you were staying at nina's. so your mum picks you up from work to drop you off at her's then does she? the fact that you told other ppl that you found the exams hard...funny that.

you have a girlfriend leanne who seems like a nice lassie - stop screwing her about. you sent me two 'accidental' texts and now on msn you pretending to be hazel to see if i still hate you or not - well judging from all that ive said fraser you aint worthy of my hatred. i said on the reply that ive moved on but it seems to me like you havent - god help your new gf i feel sorry for her. i hope she finds out sooner than i did what i tosser you really are.

Dear materialistic witch!

I'm sorry I didn't buy your golden chariot and your castle in a "reasonable" amount of time.

I hope your next BF has money, robs a bank or hell is a bank!

I'm sorry if I coudn't do the things you wanted to do quickly enough, good enough or the way you wanted it to be. Cause you know, it's your way or the highway.

I won't miss your neediness, clinginess, and moody attitude. Thank you for being pissed at me when I tried to do something that made me feel good.

I have dealt with your insecurities, possessiveness and clingyness. Where a lot of guys would have fled, I stayed. Thank you for dumping me while I had problems myself.

Wow this feels so good! lol

Dear x,

There are times I regret not giving you a second chance when you came crawling back to me or when you kept contacting me incessantly when you wanted to become friends or stay a part of my life. But this thin vein of regret only comes sparringly. And although there are times where my very heart pangs to have you back I know it will pass.

To a man who really wants this to stop one day,

Redmage22

Dear x,

I'm still thinking of you... and for some reason when I think of you, I also think of the guy you are with. It doesn't really bother me anymore and I want it to stop but... it's like as if I don't think he's right for you... I also still feel guilty for not giving you a chance, even for friendship. I don't miss you... I just yearn for you.... why? I don't know...

Just a tiny bit sad,

Redmage22

Dear JC,

my baby boy

My first love, my first breakup, my first taste at how much pain i can really feel....

I don't know where to start, so many things i've wanted to say to you for so long, so many nights i can't get you out of my head, even though it's been how long? there will be alot of mixed feelings but its everything i can't get out of my mind and soul

I hate myself for still thinking about you, but i wish i knew how you really felt after eveything thats happened, i wish i could sit down with you and have a sane conversation where u actually listen to me and reply without you just yelling at me because you don't want to deal with what's happened

i am sorry things didn't work out between you and your new girl but don't you DARE blame me for that, you managed to f*** that up all on your own, of course she was going to find out you were sleeping around and lying to her about it, i wasn't the only one you used but i was the only one who got sick of your sh*t and spoke up about it, how much sh*t do you think you could give me and still expect me 2 lie for you? i can't believe i was so guttless to let it carry on as long as it did

i should have known better but so should you! you know how i get when you use me and then brush me off like the dirt on your shoe, i loved you so much and you were my life - 2 much so - so when you contact me i just can't help myself, no matter how much i know i shouldn't, you're alot stronger than me and you know it so don't tempt me because you know where it will lead and il end up in tears again!

not that you seem to care about my feelings at all any more...

gawd damm i just wish i could get you out of my head because i know how obsessive i sound! lately the only poety i've been able to write is when im upset thinking about everything thats happened

im sorry i loved, sorry i cared, sorry i gave you my all, sorry i gave more than i got, sorry i got out of control sometimes, sorry i let you hurt me, again and again and again... sorry i couldn't let go, sorry i wasn't strong enough, sorry i get upset, sorry i just want to be loved again, sorry the damage is done but most of all im sorry i know that we will never be able to talk as friends....

i know those 2 words mean nothing to you but they mean alot 2 me.... would it really hurt for you to stand up and take some responsibility for what happened?

i doubt that you'd say the same for me but you know that i'll always be here and i'll always care and maybe one day we'll be able to go out for chinese and talk and just be civil.... but i won't hold my breath.....

Forever and always,

ur baby girl

Archived